Alpha 7.2.1: Patch

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by EleonGameStudios, Nov 9, 2017.

1. EleonGameStudios

EleonGameStudios Developer
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Hi Galactic Survivalists,

We just released a small patch that should fix several problems from Alpha 7.2. In addition, we already integrated some of your feedback and updated the tutorial.

Please continue to send in your Tutorial feedback here: https://empyriononline.com/threads/alpha-7-2-feedback-new-tutorial.26188/

Please report bugs over here: https://empyriononline.com/threads/bug-reports-alpha-7-2-x.26187/

Thanks a lot!

Empyrion dev team

==================================

Changelog: Alpha 7.2.1 (Build 1340)

Updated Tutorial:
    - Improved Chapter 'Helping Hand'
    * Added more dedicated actions to better check progress in Constructor tasks
    * Added extra step in the damaged Greenhouse to drop off unneeded stuff in order to free up space in the inventory for the following chapters.
    - Changed minor spelling issues
    - Changed info given in some messages
    - Spelling/Grammar updates. Thanks a lot to all contributors!
    - Minor text formatting adjustments
    - Exchanged Rocket Launcher T2 with T1
    - Added info on how to split stacks and drop items from a stack
    - Updated map for Earth in Tutorial

Changes:
    - Updated deco on Tallador

Bug Fixes:
    - Fixed: Mirror tool broken when switching between save games
    - Fixed: Problem that game did not start anymore when using EAC
    - Fixed: AI ignoring player when upside down in space POI's via the jetpack (MP only)
    - Fixed: Drone bases spawning on top of each other.
    - Fixed: When mining with the 'Drill Turret' nothing is placed into the harvest box.
    - Fixed: Problem that autominers did not work anymore and caused errors
    - Fixed: PDA sending signals were only set for the scenario of the first game played (returning to main menu and playing another scenario breaks them)
    - Fixed: Error reported on Support email (Build 1337 #9CB37)

RealStrixx, Dietrich, Pyston and 2 others like this.
  2. ☣.C.H.U.D.☣

☣.C.H.U.D.☣ Captain

FIRST!!

Does this mean that they Deplete the Nodes now and dont continue after the node is Depleted?
    Because that was the only thing wrong with Autominers

- Fixed: Problem that Autominers did not work anymore and caused errors

Dietrich likes this.
  3. Pantera

Pantera Rear Admiral
    Staff Member

• Developer
    SP or MP ?

☣.C.H.U.D.☣ likes this.
  4. ☣.C.H.U.D.☣

☣.C.H.U.D.☣ Captain

As far as i know it's in MP Dedicated server...i never play SP...sorry i couldn't be more help

Excuse me for taking so long to reply back i was doing some "Real life stuff"

5. Trig

Trig Commander

Thanks for fixing the Drill Turrets, just checked and it's collecting ore fine.

One thing worth noting is that I only got the ore scanner outlines in turret view if there was a fixed drill on the HV. Designs meant to stay on the surface and mine with a turret usually don't have a fixed drill (for example Skorpion-Auger).

6. Booyaah

Booyaah Captain

I've noticed since 7.1, the god rays are freaking ridiculous now. Especially at night, the sun's light source shines up through ground on the dark side of the planet and causes ugly surface lighting on buildings that shouldn't be lit up (I'm not at home right now to post a pic, not sure if anyone else that knows what I'm talking about can post one)

old_guy and Westworld like this.
  7. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Captain

Which is what exactly?

8. ☣.C.H.U.D.☣

☣.C.H.U.D.☣ Captain

I wanted to make this report prior to any updates but i was to late but i will tell you what i got anyways prior to this update:

MP Dedicated (Omicron Darkness)
    Medium Settings
    No sky
    No shadows

I did a 24hr Stress test of the last build prior to this one with the new Unity upgrade....after 24hrs it Crashed my Windows Desktop and was up to 8g ram used.I was Able to Close the game but i had to Ctrl-ALT-Del and hit Restart to get the rest of my PC back to working order when i started

Windows 10
    Specs:
    CPU/BOARD:Intel Quadcore 2.9 "sandyBridge"
    Ram: DDR3 (24g ram)
    4g ATI Radeon HD 6990 (Diamond X bitcoin crusher)
    7200RPM HHD (Raid0 62TB total)

This is a 10 year old machine ruffly

I hope this helps i wish i had been little faster

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
    Dietrich likes this.
  9. StyleBBQ

StyleBBQ Commander

Mode: Survival
    SCENARIO: Dawn of Galaxy (Elia)
    SEED-ID: 32552234
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No
    Reproducibility: na
    Severity: Medium
    Type: Global

Summary: was Unable to progress in Elia Mission II; Add Essential Blocks. Cockpit. I was able to get past this but a logic check/fix is needed.

Description: Rather than hand building the first HV/SV, I spawned in a simple HV via Factory. No GM/IM used. Was able to check off the Add a RCS/Generator/Fuel Tank, but even removing then replacing the Cockpit doesn't check off the Add a Cockpit step.
    I later hand built a SV, also didn't check off the Add a Cockpit box. Nor did removal and replacement of cockpits on both the initial HV and the SV. After building the SV I gathered enough materials to build a CV in factory, spawned it in, removed/replaced cockpit, no joy.
    I just now completly dissassembled the entire spawned in HV. Then removed/replaced cockpit from SV, no joy.

When I removed then replaced the CV cockpit, the box got checked and mission progressed to the next step.

Additionally the PDA notes for these missions needs updating. There are outdated references like "Warpdrives are only available for CV!",
    'adding generators will increase fuel consumption' & '...cockpits are airtight, even in oxygen rich environments you'll use up suit O2'.

Steps to Reproduce: Unknown.

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:

10. Quarior

Quarior Lieutenant

You talk about map view in orbit or in the surface because I import your playfield in my Solar System scenario and the terrain on the surface doesn't look the Earth (plains in "ocean" by example).
    But I don't know what is your priority because in Tutorial, I think there are explain why humanity leave the Earth/Sol System to go to the Andromeda Galaxy (there are a indice if you read the tutorial windows).

11. Pantera

Pantera Rear Admiral
    Staff Member

• Developer
    No problem it will be looked into.

Please use the bugs thread here for bugs:
    https://empyriononline.com/threads/bug-reports-alpha-7-2-x.26187/

☣.C.H.U.D.☣ likes this.
  12. StyleBBQ

StyleBBQ Commander

13. hutchynet.sv73

There is a story to Empyrion Galactic Survival: Your're from Earth you are training to be a crew on the Titan to search for life in other Systems. While venturing through a unknown Galaxy you run into a hostile alien race. The Titan gets shot down and you escape in a Pod down to a unknown alien planet. You must survive to search for survivors. With hope some day you can return to Earth.

14. hutchynet.sv73

There is a story to Empyrion Galactic Survival: Your're from Earth you are training to be a crew on the Titan to search for life in other Systems. While venturing through a unknown Galaxy you run into a hostile alien race. The Titan gets shot down and you escape in a Pod down to a unknown alien planet. You must survive to search for survivors. With hope some day you can return to Earth.

old_guy likes this.
  15. Westworld

Westworld Commander

Although I do not have a pic of it I have experienced the same thing, especially on moons.

And Kudos on the update too.

16. Quarior

Quarior Lieutenant

It is planned for Empyrion read the folder Terrains (and more if you planned custom voxel) in a Scenario because for this moment, isn’t possible.

17. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

That is more a "character background" than a story, as it concerns what happens before the player starts the game. I wonder where survivors would have been "ejected" if the player gets on the closest planet, and the ship crashed on it. Why search for survivors in another system?

18. Jᴧgᴧ

Jᴧgᴧ Captain

I don't buy any of the "story", background, etc. The player should crash-land on an uninhabited planet for it to be a "survival" theme of any consideration. Or, every intelligent alien needs to be hostile.

19. old_guy

old_guy Lieutenant

I'm finding that since 7.2 I m running about 6-7 fps. SP I reverted to the 6 version on Steam and found it was about 14 fsp (using the F8 key). It's pretty tough getting anything done, especially fighting raptors and stuff. I have 16GB Ram, AMD 64 and a Radeon GC with the latest drivers.

I've seen notes here and there about settings to boost performance --
    I tried -force-d3d9 and it helped. Alpha 7.2.1 went from 7 fps to 12-14.
    Any other settings/suggestions? I've seen comments about shaders but I'm not sure what to adjust.
    I'm upgrading windows 10 to be able to try the gaming mode.
    thanks for any suggestions.

20. Jᴧgᴧ

Jᴧgᴧ Captain

A Windows Clean Boot procedure, along with forcing DX9 (which you did) is about all you can do. W10 gaming mode will only buy you a couple FPS max (even starting at a low of 45), so you might not even see 1 more.

If your CPU is halfway decent, you could run a copy of DXtory and force CPU processing. I did that with an on-board GPU once (while my main video card was being repaired) and was able to run a game like Prototype at 50+ FPS. Might not work with Empyrion though - since it is CPU heavy to begin with.

Not sure I'd mess with shaders, but then I've not tried it in Empyrion. Generally forcing DX9 and lowering in-game details and resolution are the largest FPS gains. If after all of that you're still getting performance issues, it might be time to consider either a partial or full system upgrade. Alphas just aren't optimized.

If you're on a laptop, remember they throttle speed down to try and dump excess heat. Can't tell from the specs you posted exactly what you have.

You could start your own topic looking for performance help. Would be a better place for it than the Patch topic.