Alpha 7.2.2: Patch

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by EleonGameStudios, Nov 10, 2017.

1. EleonGameStudios

EleonGameStudios Developer
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Update: November 12, 2017 (Build 1344) - Server update
    - Fixed: CV spinning around if something is dismantled from docked SV / HV (fix for MP)

===============

Update: November 11, 2017 (Build 1344) - Client update

- Fixed: CV spinning around if something is dismantled from docked SV / HV (fix for SP)

===============

Changelog: Alpha 7.2.2 (Build 1343)

Updated Tutorial:
    - Grammar / spelling checks (Thanks to Cleff)
    - Changed intro to better match the story

Bug Fixes:
    - Fixed: Problem that sometimes a dedicated server could kick all players and then was not responsive anymore until restart of server
    - Fixed: Problem with playfield servers not closing down correctly and keeping a high RAM usage
    - Fixed: Game was hanging for 2-3sec after orbit - planet transition
    - Fixed: When Auto miner depletion was enabled the AMD's aren't depleting deposits.
    - Fixed: Several internal exceptions

Please continue to send in your Tutorial feedback here: https://empyriononline.com/threads/alpha-7-2-feedback-new-tutorial.26188/

Please report bugs over here: https://empyriononline.com/threads/bug-reports-alpha-7-2-x.26187/

Last edited: Nov 12, 2017
  2. FUE DENIS

FUE DENIS Lieutenant

- Fixed: Problem that sometimes a dedicated server could kick all players and then was not responsive anymore until restart of server
    - Fixed: Game was hanging for 2-3sec after orbit - planet transition

Yes :p

3. ☣.C.H.U.D.☣

☣.C.H.U.D.☣ Captain

Winner winner Chicken dinner!!!
    you guys Rock!!!

4. Dietrich

Dietrich Commander

3 releases in 3 days... I just... :eek: I don't know how you guys keep up with this cadence. I assume you have a well-oiled continuous integration/continuous deployment setup going on. Jenkins perhaps? Still... Wow.

☣.C.H.U.D.☣ likes this.
  5. ☣.C.H.U.D.☣

☣.C.H.U.D.☣ Captain

BeastMode!!!

Dietrich likes this.
  6. paxxo1985

paxxo1985 Ensign

On official Eu server. All ready bp gone. All the structures went public. Factions screwd.idrogen and water generators shows a value of 1.600.000 seconds until next product...

7. ☣.C.H.U.D.☣

☣.C.H.U.D.☣ Captain

you might need to Fix that into a proper sentence..because like i have no idea what you just siad

Dietrich likes this.
  8. Guru

Guru Commander

I understood every part of what he said. It could have been more detailed, but it is completely legible. I'll translate for your limited faculties.

His issues:
    1. All BP that were completed in the factory are no longer showing as ready
    2. All structures that were set to faction are now showing as public
    3. Hydrogen and oxygen generators are showing a timer of 1,600,000 seconds for each tick until the next bottle is produced

See!? I can be nice to those less blessed in abilities than myself. I'm proud and need to go call my Mom to let her know. I deserve a cookie!!

elmo, Dietrich, Pyston and 5 others like this.
  9. paxxo1985

paxxo1985 Ensign

On official Eu server. All the factions - teams were mixed. I logged in and i was in no team and all of my and my squad structures and vessels went public. The Hydrogen generator shows one millon second until next product. Picking it up and replacing it fixed that.
    The blueprints that i prepared ready to be spawned was all deleted. Is more clear now?

Dietrich likes this.
  10. ☣.C.H.U.D.☣

☣.C.H.U.D.☣ Captain

That Sucks im sorry that happen to you....Thats why we play on Dedicated servers...i would hate to think the Server was Hacked

11. Guru

Guru Commander

It wasn't anger at all actually. It was just annoyance at your history of inflammatory comments to others here on the forum. When players/admins/server owners come here to post issues they are already frustrated and are looking for help and answers, not for someone to be rude, insensitive, or a jerk. I'm not trying to pick a fight. I'm just trying to get you to realize that being helpful and nice is much better than your demeaning and toxic behavior. Food for thought

Sofianinho, Dietrich, Pyston and 3 others like this.
  12. ☣.C.H.U.D.☣

☣.C.H.U.D.☣ Captain

Ok I am ready for HV>SV docking "begs on his knees" [​IMG]

13. 68plex

68plex Captain

Thx for fixing the AMDs. Mine weren't depleting the deposits from the beginning of A7.

14. Nogitsune

Nogitsune Captain

Unlikely. It sounds to me like one of the server files (game.dat I think, not sure) was corrupted. Could be related to transition between versions, or a save gone wrong. I hope it's the latter, that could probably be resolved by using backup - if it's version upgrade issue.. that might be more difficult.

Dietrich likes this.
  15. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

I hope that at some point we will have some information regarding how custom heightmaps can be integrated when designing custom planets. There seems to be no option in the terrain editor to add them, and I did not see any information on how to integrate them.

It would be very cool also if these maps could be made 8 bit grayscale instead of 16 bit, because editing 16 bit grayscale is very difficult. I understand this is a Unity problem though.

Since we were told that these heightmaps would allow more control on terrain for scenario creators, I suppose that was a hint that we could actually use them.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
  16. Guru

Guru Commander

Very much agree. The problem right now is that we can create them and use them, but only personally. Empyrion currently has no way for us to use them on a dedicated server because there is no mechanic to "push" these files to each user. The only "workaround" for now is that each and every user must pre-download these file themselves in order to use them. Definitely NOT a good solution considering we have new players joining on a regular basis.

Marty and Kassonnade like this.
  17. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

Can you please tell me how and where to put these maps? Because I tried to make some but it degrades the terrain and it's buggy as hell.

18. Guru

Guru Commander

I'll be honest. I read everything relevant (to me) on this forum so I have a decent general knowledge, but I only have specific knowledge in the things we use on our servers. Pertaining to the splatmaps, as soon as I read that they couldn't be used in MP I just shook my head in disbelief and never even played with them because they are useless to us in their current state. I did see a post last week from someone complaining that he had created new maps and then realized that the players had to pre-download them and he was not a happy camper. Maybe he sees this and can explain the map creation in more detail.
    I would also recommend watching some video by Jason Booth on YouTube. He has a series on working with this type of thing.

19. Nogitsune

Nogitsune Captain

I imagine it should be straightforward. The splat maps are in Content/Terrains directory, so if you drop a custom one there then you should be able to use it. But since scenarios don't have their own terrains directory, that means you won't be able to just make them part of the scenario download (or maybe you can put them under some folder there, but people will need to copy it under right folder) - anyone using the custom content will need to manually place them in the content directory. On dedicated server this would be Content/Terrains under server's install directory, clients I imagine will use the same directory in client's install directory - the same directory where current splatmaps are. I haven't really tested this since I don't use the splats on my server, but I can't see any other way for it to work. It's probably important to have the same splats both on the dediserver's content folder and on each client.

It would be nice if custom scenarios could simply have their own Terrains folder that would be checked for terrains/splats first, before checking the main Terrains folder. This would allow both overriding the terrains as well as making new ones for your scenario. If they don't work "out of box" in multiplayer, then I imagine this isn't the case at the moment.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
    Sofianinho, Dietrich, Guru and 2 others like this.
  20. Guru

Guru Commander

You would think it would work that way, wouldn't you? I mean, it only makes sense that people could actually use them, right?
    * Looking at you Eleon *