Alpha 7.3.3: Patch

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by EleonGameStudios, Nov 27, 2017.

1. EleonGameStudios

EleonGameStudios Developer
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Update: November 28, 2017

Hi guys,
    We had to revert Unity back to 2017.1 because we received several reports that players had problems with 2017.2. Sorry for the inconveniences.

If you experience crashes in the game (eg "d3d11: failed to create buffer" error), please note that Alpha 7.3.3 built with Unity 2017.2 remains on the Experiemental branch.

Changelog: Alpha 7.3.3 (Build 1375)
    - We are using Unity 2017.1 again
    - Fixed: Problem that there was no trading station on Masperon and that teleporter in Masperon Orbital Station did teleport into void (MP Default setting)
    - Fixed: AutominerDepletion and GroundedStructureSpawn were not correctly set from Dedicated.yaml on a Dedicated Server

======================

Hi Galactic Survivalists!

We updated Unity to version 2017.2, which might solve certain crashes linked to the game engine. If you experience crashes in the game (eg "d3d11: failed to create buffer" error), please let us know if the patch solved these crashes.

Please continue to report bugs over here: https://empyriononline.com/threads/bug-reports-alpha-7-3.28284/

Thanks a lot!

Empyrion dev team

Changelog: Alpha 7.3.3 (Build 1374)

Updated Tutorial:
    - Added French and Chinese translation: thanks to Spartan47 and Ken Guo
    - Added additional marker for making sure where to place the Explosive Charges (Chapter 7)
    - Fixed: SV Prefab did not complete Action (Chapter 7)

Changes:
    - Updated game engine to Unity 2017.2
    - Shotgun and Sniper do not damage terrain anymore
    - Removed Hydrogen Cell from POI loot
    - Removed Laserkit from recipe of Laser Pistol T2
    - EAC is now activated per default in dedicated.yaml

Update Empyrion Admin Helper (EAH):
    - Added: Timetable: Toggle AllowCV
    - Added: Delete old Tool-Logs after 10 days
    - Added: many missing Items (you can now enable auto ban)
    - Fixed: CSW bug fixes for missing SV's. Now they have to wait a minute after their last Warp, before they can do CSW
    - Fixed: Structure Class Limit: Fixed Warnings being counted for all Structures

Bug Fixes:
    - Fixed: Performance problem with heavy snow and hail weather
    - Fixed: Abuse of Anti Grief Distance by long structures
    - Fixed: Motorbike glitch / exploit by placing motorbike partially inside a structure
    - Fixed: Corrupt player file in a savegame prevented the Resume Game window to be shown
    - Fixed: Problem that sometimes player was standing up on motorbike
    - Fixed: Error in some situations in Build settings window
    - Fixed: Problem with black textures on (procedural) "snow" playfield
    - Fixed: Internal exception that lead to huge output logs

Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
  2. eLLe

eLLe Commander

Zanimljivo ...

3. ☣.C.H.U.D.☣

☣.C.H.U.D.☣ Captain

Excellent

4. open6L

open6L Ensign

GroundedStructureSpawn no longer working?

5. Nitere

Nitere Ensign

Update applied about 45 minutes ago, now I just get a Unity 2 crash message on startup and an offer to see my crash dump files. Access violation reported. 438 hours without anything more than a glitch.... now this. Oh and despite it being called "error.log" the forum upload does not recognise the file.

6. Pantera

Pantera Rear Admiral
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Please use the bugs thread https://empyriononline.com/threads/bug-reports-alpha-7-3.28284/
    To upload files please put them into a zip file then attach them to your report thanks.

7. T3ABAGGER

T3ABAGGER Ensign

Indestructible terrain within anti-grief zone needs to be looked at. Sniper and Shotgun change here has just put the nail in the coffin for anti-grief zone in pvp areas. A base is now literally 100% unkillable once players put their components and core underground. Players can hide in their underground base with impunity, so long as this indestructible terrain is protecting them. All of the loot, components, and core are protected underground.

Even once a base has been defeated and the player driven out (not really possible for a smart player to be driven out) the base remains because the core cannot be reached and removed. If a dead base is lingering, we cannot place new cores, or take the defeated bases/ships because the remaining dead (still cored) base will block placement of anything while near an enemy base.

To fix this, based off the recent changes, I would imagine Eleon devs make it so structures simply cannot be placed underground - this is not the answer and would damage the game/pvp/gameplay even more. PvP zones need a unique anti-grief zone rule-set separate from PvE anti-grief rule-set.

8. Androniko

Androniko Ensign

I's there any way to keep home spawn option or maybe make it possible to choose which med-bay (owned by player/same faction) to spawn too apon death? Have had this problem for a long time now where home option randomly decides to grey out, I know its not major, but would like to know if it's being considered.

Thanks for the change's, It's a pitty about all the Havok the unity change has done thou :/ Good luck guys.

9. frantech1

frantech1 Ensign

If you are on steam make sure you verify your files. I was having crash problems and found after verifying and downloading bad files that Empyrion works again!

10. ☣.C.H.U.D.☣

☣.C.H.U.D.☣ Captain

People need to Dump their old saves....Its a EA game

Thats half the problem with most of these bug reports.....
    Everybody is reporting bugs on Old saves
    Our server has none of the new fixes because we are running old saves
    Thats the way it is..get over it
    Bet me......

nexus_absolute and Hicks42 like this.
  11. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

You're not wrong. I do often like to continue an older game - for the more minor updates at least - however this can often lead to "weirdness". As such, rather than bug report, I'll generally mention some of the more obscure issues in the version thread first, just to see if anyone else is suffering the same weirdness with a fresh start.

I tend to like to play "properly" when testing, so checking out natural game progression in a survival environment. This type of testing is just as important as diving in and testing more advanced features, either in creative or by "cheating" in stuff in survival to get to it right away. Many of the rebalancing suggestions have come from people playing this way, plus it's important to make sure nothing get broken along the way.

However, when doing this you spend a lot of time doing the (fun) grind to gain materials and tech, only to abandon the game and finally restart when the update count gets a bit too high, or some killer new feature demands a restart. So many times now I've reached this spot just as I've got my "perfect" base setup, with ample materials and am starting my CV build (I used to do fairly big CV builds once upon a time) only for it to be time to restart.

This is the nature of an Early-access title of course, but it can be a little frustrating. I can recall some Epic bases I've built - well, I liked them lol - that I'll never see again.

I wonder, is there any way some sort of Export/Import tool could be created to take a players, or Servers, current assets and add them into a fresh world? That way we could continue play, but it'd not be plagued by the "old save" issues we see now. We could look forward to a whole new set of issues instead lol. If this were possible, it'll allow for testing of very mature games and likely open up gameplay many of us restart before we get to see.

Scoob.

12. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

The same thing happens to me with updates. I'm just going to edit the starting equipment so that I have a decent kit and a quantity of ingots on hand when I hit the ground. That should reduce the opening game grind without affecting anything crucial.

13. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

In earlier game version there were easier start options, some with very generous materials. While I generally preferred the minimalist starts, every so often I'd do an Easy one for a bit of a break lol.

For me though, I find that "Normal" Levelling speed is way too fast, yet slow levelling appears to take ages. I do hope there's a bit of a re-work of the whole tech tree at some point, towards a more research-based system. I refuse to collect plants or shoot critter to enable me to build a better gun, or unlock other items.

I think unlocking tech should be based on resources we find. I.e. we "find" Iron quite early, feed it into some sort of machine and it unlocks some tech that uses Iron. Same for other raw resources as we go. So, for a minimal Iron cost, we unlock metal Plates, then we submit a few metal plates which unlocks some more items that use it. Not thought this through fully of course, just a random ramble, but unlocking tech based on what we've found and later what we can make might be an interesting variation.

Scoob.

14. Jᴧgᴧ

Jᴧgᴧ Captain

Since they're still knee-deep in Alpha development, the Schema (database and data format/structure) is probably changing way too much/fast to keep a repository of every old version to each of the new for data migration. It would be an enormous task, and be prone to adding it's own bugs to the mix of the already-present ones.

However, each time a major version is out, re-loading and re-saving each old game *should* update the data to the newer schema. Just don't miss any or the old data might be "borked" (my tech term for totally screwed). :D

15. old_guy

old_guy Lieutenant

Yes, there is a way - i've used this video from LiftPizza to keep my big CV, my cargop hauling SVs and the inventory -- I had a great base but it was in the version where Akua had BIG mountains, it would not fit now. But maybe on another planet...

StyleBBQ likes this.
  16. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Yeah, you're right, I suspected it might be too much work however...

...it was this method I was thinking of while writing that. I recall, with a bit of faffing about, you can preserve some things from a prior save. So, any way of making this a little easier would be most welcome, even if it's not a full Import process.

Probably not something the devs should be focused on however :)

Scoob.

StyleBBQ, old_guy and binhthuy71 like this.
  17. StyleBBQ

StyleBBQ Commander

@Scoob , thanks for bringing it up, @old_guy , really appreciate you posting the vid, and @LiftPizzas , yay! -thank you- for the very useful info! :D:D

Very timely too since I just had a white screen full game crash while in orbit and lost my CV/SV/HV and all my stuffs. Too bad I don't have a backup to load up & recover from... but that's on me. I -know- it's highly likely that once inside -any- space POI this crash will happen, but since I've learned (obviously not well enough) this happens & stopped going into space POIs I didn't think to make a bkup. :oops:

This repeatable (for me) freeze has been happening since June (6.0) and I've reported it twice but since there's no useful info in log files.. <shrug>
    Just fully uninstalled/reinstalled vid drivers so I'll check later but not holding out much hope. Running a now 'legacy' GPU so driver is the same.

18. mR_kAt

mR_kAt Captain

I'm still kinda sad that prometh is used to power all forms of weapons (including 20th century ones). It's becoming the universal currency which makes the entire concept of the credit system obsolete and not needed. I have no clue why magnesium was removed in the first place. The game if anything needs more variety of mined resources and their uses.

I'm still content to play version 6.0 and not update. :/

old_guy likes this.
  19. Andre Merrick

Andre Merrick Lieutenant

I like the base... where might one find that? :)

20. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

Andre Merrick likes this.