Alpha 7.5.3/7.5.4: Patch Releases

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by EleonGameStudios, Dec 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EleonGameStudios

EleonGameStudios Developer
    Staff Member

• Developer
    If you like Empyrion, please do not forget to vote for us on IndieDB: http://www.indiedb.com/groups/2017-indie-of-the-year-awards/top100#vote35016
    [​IMG]

Update December 20, 2017: Alpha 7.5.4 (Build 1423)

Bug Fixes:
    - Fixed: Problem that some save game could not be resumed any more
    - Fixed: Problem that blueprint with solar panels lead to an error when spawning it
    - Fixed: Problem that sometimes Solar Panels switched off
    - Fixed: Several internal exceptions

Changes:
    - Large windows can now be crafted in Survival Constructor
    - Trader-NPC: Disabled stock-dependent pricing as its application didn't meet the expectations of the players

-------------------------------------

Hi Galactic Survivalists,

We released another patch for Alpha 7.5.

Please report bugs and issues right here: https://empyriononline.com/threads/bug-reports-alpha-7-5.34598/

Our Feature Survey 2018 is still active and can be voted here: http://survey.empyriongame.com
    (we will publish the results very soon)

Changelog: Alpha 7.5.3 (Build 1422)

Trader Update:
    - increased price calculation precision
    - fixed price rounding error
    - fixed double re-stocking on first two times opening a trader's window
    - fixed that equipped item count could exceed max stock count

PDA Localization:
    - Added JAPANESE (Metapo)
    - Added GREEK (partially; Gabriel)

Main Localization:
    - Added GREEK (partially, Gabriel)

Changes:
    - Made kill-timeout for booting playfield servers configurable via dedicated.yaml
    - Added underwater darkening

Bug Fixes:
    - Fixed: Switching back and forth between STATISTICS and MAIN Control Panel removes info of Solar Panels from STATISTIC
    - Fixed: Some localization is missing in the Difficulty settings
    - Fixed: Cutout of terrain under deco
    - Fixed: Several internal exceptions reported on support email

Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
  2. ASTIC

ASTIC Commander

At the patch speed - what would I do without the PowerShell-AutoUpdate script ... lol

Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
    Tyrax Lightning, Hicks42 and saadow like this.
  3. old_guy

old_guy Captain

So that's where my solar power stats went! thanks for the fix. Really enjoying this update. so happy to be able to sell stuff - and the multi turret - wonderful for looters like me!

4. Hicks42

Hicks42 Rear Admiral

Snort! You mean ... like clicking High-Priority update on Steam? ;)

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  5. ASTIC

ASTIC Commander

Yes but that was difficult on a dedicated server ;-) so i wrote a PowerShell script that test every 5 min for an update ... lol
    And the server is often updated at the same time with the entry in the forum ;-)

Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
    Tyrax Lightning and Hicks42 like this.
  6. Hicks42

Hicks42 Rear Admiral

All good dude, was more of a snarky poke at steam taking 3 years to get the friends list working at all back in the day and then acting like it was the Salk vaccine. Lack of caffeine makes me tangent Hard and for some reason an event from over a decade before was fixed in my mind.

On your part: Good use of thumbs! ;)

7. PCX64

PCX64 Ensign

The game is now unplayable on dedicated servers. Immediately after connecting to any server I lose the connection. The game was working fine yesterday.

8. Jᴧgᴧ

Jᴧgᴧ Rear Admiral

Might want to report it in the bug section.

Also - when you view the server list, does it show anyone playing on any servers? If so, the problem is either on just the servers you've tried, or on your computer.

9. PCX64

PCX64 Ensign

Yeap, the servers I connect to do have active players, and nothing has changed on my end - other than the last update, which ended up breaking something in this game. Everything else is working as usual, and the computer system has not been modified in any way since the previous run, the day before.
    Alright, I'll report this in the bug section.

10. krazzykid2006

krazzykid2006 Captain

I'm really hoping one of these patches they will fix glass and cockpits.
    It's really a shame that with the beautiful handmade terrain that we have now that we essentially have to look at it through sunglasses.

Glass blocks should be completely transparent from one side, not tinted and less tinted.

It's also extremely difficult to fly in first person view because cockpits are also tinted from the inside. This forces me to always fly in third person, which I actually hate using.

Can we please fix this someday?

11. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

Me in a Closed Cockpit has never looked Tinted looking out. Do ya mean Open Cockpit + Window Blocks kinda Cockpits?

12. Christianholmes

Christianholmes Captain

They are definitely tinted. Try it at night. I can only fly at night using NV goggles. It's too dark without them, although not using 3rd person.

I agree with above, they need to get rid of the tinting, or have it been a block option or something.

Tyrax Lightning and Hicks42 like this.
  13. Hicks42

Hicks42 Rear Admiral

Hate to ask the baseline question, because you seem a competent person, have you tried adjusting the gamma/brightness in the game settings? I had to do this, but I write it off for myself due to having a 12 year old flatscreen.

14. Nogitsune

Nogitsune Rear Admiral

I think the effect of the glass tinting is pretty obvious at the unglassed center vs the tinted panels at the sides:
    This is with the lighter of the two tinting options, darker one would be even dimmer (you can swap between light/dark tinting using multi tool's "change/rotate" option on the window).
    tint.jpg

15. Hicks42

Hicks42 Rear Admiral

Actually I was not debating whether glass is tinted or not. It certainly IS. I was more speaking to a personal experience to @Christianholmes , since I had to adjust gamma to view the world through the tint in the windows. :p

Jᴧgᴧ and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  16. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Thanks for the update, a couple of the fixed issues were affecting me...so obviously very important they be fixed promptly ;)

Scoob.

Tyrax Lightning, Hicks42 and old_guy like this.
  17. Thundercraft

Thundercraft Commander

o_O I'm not sure how other players feel, but I did not have a problem with the concept of prices being changed to reflect stock levels. (I actually think that's a good thing.) Rather, I had a problem with the implementation - that is, the change to make prices recalculate after every single purchase, even going so far as to recalculate after each item in a whole stack as if it was bought/sold individually.

So, are all trader prices fixed, now? Are there any plans to revising how trade prices are calculated down the road when EGS is closer to a 1.0 release? Myself, thought some of the trade price suggestions made by other players were pretty good:

18. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

I finally returned to my main base on Akua, having been on the Moon and in space for quite some time.

Unfortunately, the Solar Panels on my main base are still not working. The stats panel for Solar reads:

Current Output: 1.74 MW
    Average Output 631 kW

Consumption: 389 kW

Which are the same values it always reads, yet nothing charges.

Note: even removing the Capacitor sees these values unchanged.

Edit: Unfortunately the Solar Panels on my previously working second base now don't work either!!

I've tried picking up and replacing the Panels too, but they simply don't work any more. Any ideas?

Edit 2: Well, I run back to my original base, and now those number are changing! Seems like the Solar Panels have woken up and the LED's are now illuminating on them as you'd expect. Odd how they started working once I wandered away and returned, despite my having been off planet when the fix was applied...guess that's how the fix works.

Scoob.

19. Moonsugar

Moonsugar Rear Admiral

Do you know, if the base (and the solar panels) are supposed to work while you made your holidays on the moon?
    At least the base (with power generator, constructor and else was shut off in all earlier versions. Now, that we have the possibility of a constant energy supply by the solar panel this could possibly change... ?

20. Nogitsune

Nogitsune Rear Admiral

I think they are supposed to work as long as there is someone on the same playfield. In SP that would mean you alone - so if you move away from Akua, then any panels on Akua would be basically frozen.. on MP they would be active as long as there is someone on Akua. It's not so much a problem of constant energy, think it's more that the game isn't going to keep 50+ playfields loaded and simulated at all times unless there's actually someone playing on those fields. It would be way too heavy for the server.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.