Alpha 7.5.9: Patch

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by EleonGameStudios, Jan 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EleonGameStudios

EleonGameStudios Developer
    Staff Member

• Developer
    [​IMG]
    Update: January 19, 2018:

Changelog: Alpha 7.5.9 (Build 1449)

Bug Fixes:

- Fixed: Problem that docked vessel disappeared after going through green wall
    - Fixed: Other green wall teleporting issue.

===================

Update: January 16, 2018:

Changelog: Alpha 7.5.9 (Build 1448)

- Fixed: Several internal exceptions found in log files - Part II

===================

Update: January 12, 2018:

Changelog: Alpha 7.5.9 (Build 1447)

- Fixed: Several internal exceptions found in log files

===================

Hi Galactic Survivalists,

We continue with our bug fixing / stabilizing updates on the Alpha 7.5 branch. However, in parallel, our team is already working hard on Alpha 8. Soon we will let you know more - stay tuned :)

Changelog: Alpha 7.5.9 (Build 1446)

Changes:
    - Deactivated X-Mas update special items: X-Mas Tree (if you used the tree in your builds, it is still there but it does not appear in deco group anymore) and Akua Wine (can still be crafted but has no Status Effect anymore)
    - Improved performance / RAM consumption on dedicated servers
    - Added alternative terrain for Aitis (NewLava2_V2): see above screenshot
    - Updated Default Scenario Robinson Protocol mission: decreased placement amount of solar panels
    - Allow more characters by default and widened input field in several dialog boxes
    - Removed character limit for input dialog for Teleporter target
    - Added info about ingame time vs realtime to PlanetExample.yaml
    - Updated Orbital Thermica Station (color updates, added solar power energy, updated devices): thanks to zztong

Updated Loot:
    - Added specific loot for different Zirax classes (more appropriate for their weapon class)
    - Adjusted Assault Cyborg loot drops
    - Swamp, Ice and Desert Golem: Loot now focuses on basic and rare ores + a special material item + Crushed Stones
    - Wood Walker: added Seeds and some biological items
    - Armored Golem: Loot now focuses on Weapon Kits, Components and
    - NPC: slightly reduced total amount of loot
    - NPC: Added a few new drop items (e.g. for DesertGolem)
    - Devices: reduced total amount of loot
    "Do you have any suggestions on how to change or enrich the dropped items, especially for NPCs? Let us know!"

Bug Fixes:
    - Fixed: Vessel unable to dock to BA in certain situations
    - Fixed: Resolution changes back to native monitor resolution when Alt-Tab out of and back to game when using full screen mode
    - Fixed: Terrain texture issues (dark areas) with cutout area of POIs
    - Fixed: Sometimes a solar panel won't turn on after being placed on a structure.
    - Fixed: Solar panels stopped working in certain use cases
    - Fixed: Problem that OldBase wreckage was already activated when starting a new game
    - Fixed: Spawning in a blueprint produces a exception & the BP gets cut in half.
    - Fixed: Problem that desert rocks (eg found on barren planets) had much too large colliders
    - Fixed: Problem that crashed Titan was not spawning in Default MP scenario (we removed "Wreckage" references in playfield.yaml for Default MP scenario that caused the problems)
    - Fixed: Playfield crash after entering Ningues atmosphere ("Infinity or NaN floating point numbers appear when calculating the transform matrix for a Collider")
    - Fixed: 'Custom Tours' mission cannot be completed in MP.
    - Fixed: Default Scenario localization > removed escape characters in mission localization which lead to broken complete messages
    - Fixed: Problem that it was not possible to change "Max Food" value from player stats via ModApi
    - Fixed: Several internal exceptions found in logs and reported on support email

Updated Empyrion Admin Helper (EAH) Tool to version 1.40.3.5
    - Added: Automatic warning if more then 40% or 4 structures are deleted on a Playfield
    - Added: Faction: Prevent Origin kick (to allow them on any Playfield). Its included in the Structure limit protection option.
    - Added: Alliances: Show all Alliance differences (not important for you, but for the tool and intruder logs)
    - Added: Improved Structure limit warnings
    - Added: Playfield: Structure limit Warnings / Check every x minutes (Important: All warnings in this list will be done over this new feature, instead of over the timetable). 0 in check every x minutes means its turned off. I will update the docu soon.
    - Added: Delete old Admin structures taken from players (structure limit)
    - Added: Timetable: Total Structure Limit check: Only checks overall limits (options below Playfield list)
    - Added: Config: Combat log - Check Alliances
    - Added: Config: Combat log: Ignore Starter Playfields
    - Added: Config: Combat log: Set distance playnet/orbit
    - Added: Config: New structure. Separated a few features into own tabs
    - Added: Pole control: Try to undock ships that can't be moved out
    - Added: Improved Combat logs and Warnings: Checking Alliances, Distance, Faction mates close by, ...
    - Added: Structure: Undock
    - Added: CB: Destroy proximity check on pvp
    - Added: Class calculation: Done by tool for now
    - Fixed: Slave: Master Config crash
    - Fixed: Discord Crash if no access
    - Fixed: Config Master/Slave defaults
    - Fixed: Crash if no access to CSW folder
    - Fixed: Dedicated.yaml AM depletion
    - Fixed: Offline Job bugfix

Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
    Robin, Ryu006, zztong and 11 others like this.
  2. eLLe

eLLe Captain

Happy, happy and very happy ...

3. Pekiti

Pekiti Lieutenant

It's a little thing, but it still annoys me, when I kill a Drone of a certain type, it doesn't drop ammo for the type of weapon it uses. Instead it drops 'Pistol ammo' (if any ammo at all) plus the usual scrap bits that are useful. Sometimes, pistol ammo is ALL that a drone drops, which is odd, when I just shot down a Minigun drone, or a Cannon drone, or a Rocket drone. Since they are unmanned, why do they even have Pistol Ammo inside of them?

I realize that pistol ammo is probably in the loot as a help for a low level character on the starter world, but perhaps dropping the components to make pistol ammo would be better? And then drop a few rounds of whatever the drone is supposed to be armed with instead?

4. hutchynet.sv73

Maybe a Epic armor could be added to the loot in one of the hardest POIs in the game.

5. The Tactician[ Λ ]

The Tactician[ Λ ] Rear Admiral

did the Symmetry tool break?

6. Russell

Russell Commander

Nice work. I have one quibble re crushed stones loot in golems - I saw that someone asked for this and it appears to have been retained at the expense of other loot, but why? On many starter planets, golems appear some time into the game (on Omicron at least late day 2, but I suspect even later, after other critters have made an appearance. I usually have a base up before then or get eaten. Also by then I have oodles of stones from mining.

bk1guy likes this.
  7. Gary Parkin

Gary Parkin Captain

Please fix the loot window closing after getting off a vehicle...

And I loved the Akua Wine. I made cases of it to use. It was a nice, cheap easy way to get health back.
    Can you please bring it back?

Track Driver likes this.
  8. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

I agree. By the time the Golems start appearing, I would assume pretty much every player has done at least some mining. Even if they haven't, five minutes with a drill should yield enough for a small base.

On the subject of spawns, I get the delay on starter planets, though maybe it shouldn't apply on "Hard" settings. However, when I arrive on a new planet in my CV and it's still two days before many of the critters spawn. Well, it sometimes makes these new planets feel a bit dead. I arrived on Zeyhines (sp?) and there were literally NO critters of any kind for a couple of days.

Scoob.

9. Brimstone

Brimstone Rear Admiral

Agreed- and frankly, I'd rather have to fight off the local wildlife with my pistol than the PV I keep getting hit with before Day 2...

monktk and Razorwire like this.
  10. ReconJ

ReconJ Ensign

this is a small thing but would be nice to be able to place more than one repair bay on CV ship like my ship has a lower deck for HV's and a upper deck for SV's and it stinks to have to move it up and down all the time

11. ReconJ

ReconJ Ensign

I agree you would think that is how they would be

12. 68plex

68plex Captain

Yes, as previously mentioned on the survival thread, remove or reduce the amount of canned food on zirax so players don't have it so easy in the survival department.

mR_kAt, Sofianinho and Dietrich like this.
  13. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

I had a thought, what if the game checked the date and automatically added/removed seasonal items when a holiday rolls around?

14. ReconJ

ReconJ Ensign

One thing have noticed also if you clear out part of a mountain build on it . It will still render as being there til you move closer to it and acts like it is still there and will stop your ship if you need to see it i have a sever and a spot on it i can show you

15. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Perhaps they should add a loot items called "Zirax Chunks" that needs to be cooked before consumption...at least then it's not "food on the go" during a POI raid :)

Yes, this can be quite jarring at times, pushing out the render distance just a little further would sort it....not sure what sort of performance impact that might have though. Worth possibly making it a graphical option, so it can be tested on a variety of hardware. Not a clue if enabling a longer draw distance is just a simple case of making some numbers bigger, and the engine just handles it - at aforementioned higher resource cost - or if it's much more involved.

Scoob.

68plex likes this.
  16. bk1guy

bk1guy Commander

"Do you have any suggestions on how to change or enrich the dropped items, especially for NPCs? Let us know!"

How about having downed drones randomly drop their weapons as attachable pieces for SVs/HVs? You could have them be standard Gatling guns, or even special alien weapons that require special alien ammo (also dropped by drones).

17. Jᴧgᴧ

Jᴧgᴧ Rear Admiral

One step closer to "The Forest" eh? Not sure I'd want to be caught eating charred Zirax!

You can do that, but it's very easy to trick the game just changing the system clock. If the items were just for fun, then sure.

I'd like all downed enemies to either be lootable (like bipeds and quadrupeds), or disassemble-able (like PVs, Drones, etc). That would mean if we shot down a hostile drone, there's a chance some of it is salvageable. A bit like when we salvage base or PV parts, just through the looting mechanic instead.

malrose1 and bk1guy like this.
  18. bk1guy

bk1guy Commander

Also, I liked the previous loot drops for golems. They were a nice alternative source for ores. And you couldn't use them very early game because they don't spawn right away. I do feel like Golems were severely nerfed at some point, though. Make them a little faster, a little (or a lot) tougher, and keep the ore drops they had before.

19. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    Next todo on my list :)

20. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    The zirax should now drop items that are more appropriate (no canned food)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.