Alpha 7.6.0: Patch

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by EleonGameStudios, Jan 31, 2018.

1. EleonGameStudios

EleonGameStudios Developer
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Hi Galactic Survivalists,

We just released a small patch for the Alpha 7.6.0 release. Thanks for all the feedback on the various changes that were included in the Alpha 7.6 release. Especially for the extremely helpful discussion regarding food and medical templates.

As a result, we changed some of the recipes to make them easier to craft again. We removed a few exotic components like Alien Spike Lemon from all food templates (these and others might come back in 8.0 when more plants have become self-grown) and in particular changed some of the medical templates to make them accessible on both starter planets for the "early game".

Thanks to all of the feedback which has gone far beyond the isolated discussion of the likes and dislikes in terms of the templates setup, we now have picked up a lot of good ideas on how to progress with food- and medical-gameplay and crafting in the future. A special "Thanks" to all of you that took part and provided suggestions in that context - right now and in the past. :)

Please continue to report bugs and issues right here: https://empyriononline.com/threads/bug-reports-alpha-7-6.36123

In case you missed it: a sneak preview of the Alpha 8 features can be found here https://empyriononline.com/threads/alpha-7-6-balancing-bug-fixes-and-alpha-8-info.36122

Cheers!

Empyrion Dev team

===============

Changelog: Alpha 7.6.0 (Build 1461)

Updated Food/Medical Templates:
    - Bandages and StomachPills: changed template so they are craftable on both starter planets
    - Removed Alien Spike Lemons from all food templates (sorry for the hassle)
    - Antidote Pills: changed so it can easily be created on Akua
    - Antibiotic Ointment: changed so it can easily be created on Omicron.
    - Reduced complexity of small and large MediKit
    - Removed need for VaronRoot and Alien Parts for Large Medikit (added Opuntia Cactus Spears instead)
    - Reduced complexity of Radiation Pills
    - Reverted Emergency Ration template to previous version
    - Reduced Stamina bonus from Akua Sparkling Wine

Please note: IF you are using a custom config.ecf the changes named above and below will NOT automatically update your config.ecf, but only the example_config.ecf. If you made any changes to your config.ecf these are safe, but PLEASE review your settings after the patch has gone public (or right now!) as they might become obsolete or get overwritten or break as templates were changed internally!

Updated Trader Config:
    - Added alien, biological and chemical compounds needed for Medicals to Ok'y Medical Traders
    - Added biological compounds needed for medics to Aunt Mary's Traders

Changes:
    - Added translations for Robinson Protocol: GER (Philipp), FR (Spartan47), CHS (Ken Guo), GREEK (Gabriel)
    - Added again point lights to Light Blocks (instead of spotlights)
    - Removed homing from Alien Ion Turrets
    - Added correct localization string for Survival Constructor

===============

Updated Empyrion Admin Helper (EAH) Tool
    Patch notes - 1.40.3.6
    - Added: Config: Discord: Ingame color
    - Added: Config: rename "Bug fixes" to "Bugfixes/ Debug"
    - Added: Config: Chat / Chatbot: Free CB:Restarts in first 10 hours after wipe:
    - Added: Config: Chat / Chatbot: Increase hours between CB:Restart (see tooltip)
    - Added: Config: Setup: Name of Server (used for Backup names and Dev-Logs)
    - Added: Config: Upload only full backup
    - Added: Config: Backup, upload only on restart
    - Added: Offline Jobs: Run only when player moved (to prevent problems during login)
    - Added: CB:Restart -- > Increase time each time it was used
    - Added: Structures: Set to Adm Faction (the ingame Adm faction)
    - Added: Structures from Backup: Load saved coordinates
    - Added: Activated Backpack Backup in Lite Version
    - Added: Structure Control: Execution: Detach Pilot to change faction
    - Added: Structure Control Messages: Better warnings for player
    - Added: Class restriction: Allow 0.5 tolerance for damage ships
    - Added: Statistics: Re-assign Process to Playfields
    - Added: RAM Check: Include also Dedicated Server RAM
    - Added: Coordinate log: Warp to
    - Added: Remove old Backups on Structure Backup
    - Fixed: Impossible restart due to open process of game
    - Fixed: Discord Crashes
    - Fixed: Fixed ' in discord message
    - Fixed: Player-Structure logs wrong
    - Fixed: Structure Control Execution timer

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
    Robin, Stuart, Crewsk8200 and 11 others like this.
  2. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
  3. Slipstream

Slipstream Captain

Thank you for the rapid response to the feedback!

For US people, Hummel will be on Discord at:

February 1st, 2018
    2pm Eastern, 11am Pacific

monktk and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  4. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

Maybe i'll try to stop in on the Q&A just to say "Hi.". :D

Also, ROFL, that Homing on the Ion Cannons was something put there on purpose, not a Bug? XD

5. malrose1

malrose1 Commander

Flour can no longer be crafted in the food processor from last update..... :-(

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  6. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

I've spotted Hummel elsewhere being aware of the issue, so hopefully it'll get resolved pretty quick. :)

7. Brimstone

Brimstone Captain

It's been eliminated. Since there really isn't as much need for fractional resource use like in a constructor, they're taking out the intermediate food items. Recipes will call for wheat, not flour

8. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    This.

monktk, Tyrax Lightning and wildboy like this.
  9. DC_Sparx

DC_Sparx Lieutenant

I understand the need for intermediate items, but this is greatly appreciated as it takes up sooo much room in the food processor. Thanks guys! Great job!

10. malrose1

malrose1 Commander

OK.... but as of last update Waffles, Pumpkin Cookie, Fruit Pie, Pizza and Bread need "Flour". Meat burger, Sandwich and Veggie Burger need Bread.... So am I missing something somewhere.... :)

11. Brimstone

Brimstone Captain

These are the current recipes as of this morning's patch. If your processor is trying to use anything else, you either did not update correctly, or you're running an outdated custom config file:

Code:
    { Template Name: Waffles
      CraftTime: 10
      Target: FoodP
      { Child Inputs
        Wheat: 1
        MuleMilk: 1
        Egg: 1
        AlienHoney: 2
      }
    }
    { Template Name: PumpkinCookie
      { Child Inputs
        Wheat: 1
        MuleMilk: 1
        Pumpkin: 2
      }
    }
    { Template Name: FruitPie
      { Child Inputs
        Wheat: 3
        AkuaBerry: 1
        WaterBottle: 1
        Pearthing: 1
      }
    }
    If you're using the config file, it will have to be updated each patch unless you cut it down to just the blocks and lines that are being modded.

Thundercraft and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  12. malrose1

malrose1 Commander

Not quite sure what's wrong then... haven't touched Config.... updated to latest patch on Exp,. Alien spike lemon and the other adjustments named in said patch have been amended but the requirement's for "Flour" still remain in food Processor menus.. :-(

13. Brimstone

Brimstone Captain

That may be the issue- 7.6 is stable release, I have no idea if they are updating the experimental branch right now

Try updating to the current stable for now, you can always go back to experimental

14. malrose1

malrose1 Commander

@Brimstone... thanks for your reply's.... I suppose in the scheme of things and with Alpha 8 immanent it doesn't really need to "spin my wheels". :)

15. Muphygn

Muphygn Ensign

Dear Eleon developers, I've been playing Empyrion: Galactic Survival since it came out on Steam a few years ago. I understand it is still early access and that over the years there have been many changes and I applaud you for your dedication to your creation and those who are involved in playing it. Indeed, I am ecstatic for the new and exciting uses of so many of the flora (and fauna) within the game through the nifty food processor. However, I do feel there might possibly be a small problem, or more of a minor inconvenience, that arises from the current changes made.
    At first, I was a bit overwhelmed but then suddenly pleased when looking at the more realistic design of the recipe templates. For instance, I like how you have added brown mushroom to the pizza. Before this recent patch, I never farmed the mushrooms because I felt there really was no use for them when I had other better options readily available and easily obtainable. Now that I see so many other ingredients(albeit some harder to find) that are part of many of the templates, I can also see my inventory filling up quickly, for the best and worst.
    The positive point: it will drive me to explore further than I was more accustomed to in the past (farewell my dear, sweet Akua orbit!) and the anticipation in finding some of these ingredients definitely breathes a new life into the game for me.
    The negative point: I feel that if there is going to be this amazing change with more ingredients, we may benefit from refrigerators (the mini, T1 & T2) being able to hold just a bit more than originally intended. Since there are more uses now for farmed ingredients, as well as lesser drop rates for medical supplies and food items, expanding the refrigerators by several spaces should be something to look into and maybe test and see how other players would implement this (or not) into their gaming.
    As an avid farmer and crafter, I welcome this new patch change wholeheartedly, and also as a challenge to better my skills at inventory management. But in reality, I do hope that with this new utilization of what were once boring resources (that were not worth my time or fridge space) getting a facelift, I may also expect a little convenience added to the means of storing them.
    I would rather spend more time playing and enjoying this beautiful galaxy you've gifted us than to spend hours crafting and stacking a ridiculous amount of T2 fridges.
    Thank you for your hard work and commitment to both Empyrion and to us, your dedicated player base, Eleon. Cheers! :)

TK85, Kilndown, Cleff and 1 other person like this.
  16. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    please delete or rename the config.ecf file as this one will not be updated. Then start a new savegame plz and check again.

17. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    good points. Maybe tHis will be a good usecase for the automated logistics we plan to add in one of the next major updates :)

18. catalina

catalina Commander

bug report
    Mode: Creative

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Minor
    Type: O2Rooms
    Summary: armored window blocks are air tight but don't hold air or a I should say don't let air pass through them
    I am posting here cause the bug thread is locked

upload_2018-2-1_3-54-40.png

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
    flannan and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  19. Razorwire

Razorwire Captain

Not sure that's a bug...

Every airtight block makes the whole cube volume they are placed in airtight.
    Hard to see in your pic, but those windows look like they could be flipped and placed up one block, which would let the air flow again. Unless I've misunderstood your layout and situation.

Tyrax Lightning and monktk like this.
  20. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    The bug thread is open: https://empyriononline.com/threads/bug-reports-alpha-7-6.36123/unread
    Please attach the savegame as a download (upload to a cloud service)

Maybe you tried to use the EXP thread, but this is closed, yes.