Alpha 8.0.1: Hotfix

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by EleonGameStudios, Jun 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EleonGameStudios

EleonGameStudios Developer
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Hi Galactic Survivalists,

We just released another hotfix for Alpha 8.

We are aware of the exception on startup when resuming an Alpha 7 (or older) game. We are working on a fix and will release it in the next hotfix (however, please note that we recommend starting a new game in A8 since old A7 games are not fully supported anymore, eg no deco, terrain texture glicthes, etc)

Bug Reports:
    https://empyriononline.com/threads/bug-reports-alpha-8-0.38176/

Bug Reports Solar System Generator:
    https://empyriononline.com/threads/bug-reports-alpha-8-0-solar-system-generator.38177/

Bug Reports Controller & Keymapping:
    https://empyriononline.com/threads/bug-reports-alpha-8-0-controller-keymapping.38178/

Bug Reports PDA Missions & Robinson Protocol
    https://empyriononline.com/threads/bug-reports-alpha-8-0-robinson-protocol-other-missions.38184/

==========

CHANGELOG: Alpha 8.0.1 (Build 1710)

Changes:
    - Custom Config.ecf file is now versioned. Alpha 8 will ignore unversioned files and reports this to the player
    Important: Please add "VERSION: 1" to your Config.ecf if you want to activate it in A8 (see Config_Example.ecf)
    - Detector now shows up in Control Panel
    - Improved performance for transition planet > orbit
    - Set default color of more devices to grey (growing pot, CV + SV mounted weapons etc)
    - Slight adjustment to moon distances/scale in sector map to prevent bad visual in map.

Bug Fixes:
    - Fixed: Severe MP exploit
    - Fixed: Error on startup when using a custom Config.ecf from Alpha 7.6 (now this Config.ecf will be ignored)
    - Fixed: System.IO.IOException: "Sharing violation on path..." on playfield server when two playfield server tried to generate the same playfield
    - Fixed: Time difference on either side of where the greenwall used to be.
    - Fixed: Exception when clicking a sector in the sector map while holding alt-button.
    - Fixed: Problem with ghost asteroids in space playfields
    - Fixed: Localization issue with French, Russian and other languages
    - Fixed: Texture artifacts on railing blocks (removed weathering effects)
    - Fixed: Several internal exceptions reported on support email and found in logs
    - Fixed: Internal exception - support email: Build 1708 #94B38

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
    hugues, Runeshadow, TK85 and 10 others like this.
  2. Starwing6

Starwing6 Rear Admiral

Thank you so much for the quick fixes! :cool:

Is the change in moon distance/scale only on the map? We don't need a new solar system configuration file for a random system?

TK85 likes this.
  3. zztong

zztong Captain

That was fast.

Pass along my thanks to the invisible developer in the cloud.

TK85 and Hummel-o-War like this.
  4. Nogitsune

Nogitsune Rear Admiral

It might be less confusing for users if config files were versioned matching the game version (either the 8.0.1 or the 1710 format).

Glad to see this implemented, now we'll just need the default config delivered with lines commented out. :D

It doesn't help that the config file itself basically instructs people to use a bad practice:

# - rename to 'Config.ecf' to activate
    # - change original values of parameters as desired

Without the original lines commented out, this basically overrides everything, and any changes to default values will be lost to anyone who uses the config. And you can be 100% certain that almost no one will take pains to redo their config with every version - people will simply change the version number, and move along.

So really.. if the file had everything commented out at first, and users would need to uncomment the portions they want to actually use, it would probably cause a lot less problems in long run.

runlykhel, TK85, monktk and 1 other person like this.
  5. Patwar

Patwar Commander

I think i will put moons far away. I have used default random and i think moons are to close to planets.
    I will use tool EmpyrionPlayfieldManager for Alpha 8 to do this and not disturb my players.

6. EleonGameStudios

EleonGameStudios Developer
    Staff Member

• Developer
    It is just a visual tweak in the map - so no need to change anything in the solar system config file

TK85 and Starwing6 like this.
  7. Starwing6

Starwing6 Rear Admiral

Oh that's great! I have a couple planets in our system with more than one moon, so I'll take a peek at how the map looks now. I took screenshots of it before, so I can easily compare.

As for the real in-game distances, I haven't been to the other planets yet but the starter moon feels like it's a reasonable distance from the starter planet. At least it seems that way to me. I can't wait to see the other planets with multiple moons. :cool:

TK85 likes this.
  8. Faceof

Faceof Ensign

Hi all...seems as i read from u to answer here u play with God mode (full inventory and shit??)??

Anyway...the rest have to run around and search for rocks ...run and run killed and killed run and run killed and killed run and run killrd and killed RUN AND RUN NOT ANY FACKING IRON RUN AND RUN KILLED AND KILLED RUN KIL>?>.

.'IM TIRED!!!

Runeshadow and TK85 like this.
  9. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

Deep breath.

10. Faceof

Faceof Ensign

No...just quit...for ...devs know how long...

11. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

Can I have the drugs you are on? I really need a break from work.

Inappropriate, Cleff, Exacute and 2 others like this.
  12. Faceof

Faceof Ensign

With God Mode...ITS NOT SIMULATION OR ANYTHING U TRY TO SUPPOSE TO SAY TO PPL!!!

Please...i love this game...do not destroy it...

Ty...

13. WolfEyes

WolfEyes Captain

How is someone playing with godmode turned on for whatever reason destroying your game? They're playing their game on their computer.

Or are you saying you know of people on MP servers that are playing with godmode on? Is that even possible if you aren't an admin or mod?

Friendly Timo likes this.
  14. Faceof

Faceof Ensign

Have fun mate and ty for ur "help"...play ur game please!!!

Faceof...

15. WolfEyes

WolfEyes Captain

Instead of being all sarcastic and beating around the bush why not just tell us how other people building in godmode affects your game?

You haven't stated so I can't know if you're talking about SP or MP. I haven't played MP so I have no idea why you think anything I do in godmode is having any kind of effect on you or your game. I'm not even using A8 yet.

Unless of course you are demanding others stop using godmode to build with? I don't think that will ever happen.

16. Faceof

Faceof Ensign

Please....play the game as anyone else...NOT A GOD ...PLEASE!!!

Faceof..

17. Friendly Timo

Friendly Timo Captain

This must be one of those universal translator moments [​IMG]

18. WolfEyes

WolfEyes Captain

So you presume to tell other people they must play their single player game your way.

Got it.

Is that you Wasted Engineer? How come you aren't over on SLU raging about gambling in SL? :rolleyes:

19. bk1guy

bk1guy Commander

Hey guys, I just wanted to say that I am overall LOVING Alpha 8! I followed along all through the experimental phase and I think the public release has gone pretty smoothly (though it does seem a lot of people feel very strongly about the whole camera shake thing...).

My only beef at all is... Sweet Jesus, Mary, and Joseph, do you think you put enough spiders in the game??? I mean, why not just rename all the Temperate starter planets 'Klendathu'. But in all seriousness, I can't go more than a few hundred meters without a horde of them trying to climb on my HV. Not to mention, they seem to be able to damage it while I'm flying past and hovering 3 meters off the ground.

I do like that you've made enemies harder, it certainly adds to the survival aspect of the game. But the spiders man... the spiders.

20. WolfEyes

WolfEyes Captain

RICO'S ROUGHNECKS!

[​IMG]

I just had to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.