Alpha 8.0 EXP: Repair Template & Repair-to-Template

Discussion in 'Experimental Features Discussion' started by Hummel-o-War, Apr 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    Feature: With Repair-2-Template it is possible to fix up a vessel and have lost blocks placed back where they belong to. This does cost ressources.

Available for: Base

Devices needed:
    - Repair Bay (Dock) T1 or T2
    - Repair Console (Access)

20180419081130_1.jpg

How does it work?

1. Go to the CONTROL PANEL of your vessel
    2. On the main page click the button "Save Repair Template"
    3. Have a base with both Repair-2-Template devices
    4. When you lost blocks in a battle, move your vessel on the Repair Bay T2
    5. Go to the Repair Console and access with F (default button)
    > You should now see your vessel INFO and a RESOURCES / TIME requirement
    6. Set your repair mode (Repair damaged blocks only or Repair-2-Template
    7. Add the required materials to the intake below
    8. Hit the button "START REPAIR"

NOTE: As of Exp Phase 3, if you move a vessel onto a repair bay and damage it there, the Console/RepairBay will NOT recognize this as damaged blocks anymore!

SETUP INFO
    - Requirements: 1 Repair Console + Repair Bay T1 (Repair Blocks only) or Repair Bay T2 (Repair Blocks and Repair-2-Template)
    - You now require also a repair console for "Repair Blocks" with Repair Bay T1 block
    - If you upgrade Repair Bay T1 to T2, you will be able to use Repair-2-Template
    - Repair Blocks now also costs resources: 200 Hitpoints = 1 Iron Ingot (first balancing test)
    > basics are working but UI still needs adjustments (so overall this new setup is WIP)

GLOBAL CHANGES
    - Repair bays drops 60% of its content when destroyed, and keeps 100% of its content when upgraded
    - Repair-2-Template is now also working for CVs (added Repair Bay T2 block for CV)
    - RepairBay T1 can now be upgraded to T2
    - Repair Console is now lower in Techtree
    - Added better collider for Repair Console (screen)
    - You cannot drop in more materials when repair is in progress

bW2Tby9.jpg

QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS

Q: Can i withdraw any ingots from the system?
    A: No, but stored ingots will drop out when the Repair Bay is removed, although only 60% (If you upgrade the Repair Bay, its content is 100% kept)
    A: You can always remove and re-place the Repair Console.

Q: Do i need to use the REPAIR BLOCKS button when i used REPAIR-2-TEMPLATE before?
    A: Yes, currently R2T does not fix up damaged blocks (Will be changed)

Q: Can i add more than one Repair-2-Template system per base?
    A: Not yet

Q: Do i need a Repair Console just for using the "damage removel" function of Repair Bay?
    A: Yes. Both "repair methods" are now tied to the console. The Repair Bay T1 does not "Autorepair" anymore as this now also costs resources!

Last edited: May 18, 2018
  2. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    KNOWN ISSUES:
    -

Last edited: May 11, 2018
    MadRussian likes this.
  3. Slavens

Slavens Lieutenant

Will there be an 'emergency backup' or some other mechanism to keep plants growing on a CV from dying?

BulukFearbringer likes this.
  4. Booyaah

Booyaah Captain

Hummel,

I think it's time to seriously consider allowing multiple repair bays per base (at a minimum a 2nd one). Everyone is going to want to use this feature.

Ballard, Crz_Tosser, Nahtalus and 6 others like this.
  5. WolfEyes

WolfEyes Captain

I've been wanting to be able to set up more than one repair bay for my base(s) since forever. It takes way too much time to have to shuffle CVs, SVs, and HVs around when repairs are needed and you only have one repair bay. Which cuts into play time too much when you only have an hour or two (sometimes less) to play at times.

I've never understood the thinking behind that as in RL car repair shops (and service stations) have (had) multiple bays and so do all of the scifi repair stations I've ever seen in tv shows and movies.

Van, Keith Hovey and Frigidman like this.
  6. Damion Rayne

Damion Rayne Lieutenant

Yeah, I have to agree here. Just one repair bay per base/CV makes no sense and needs to be looked at.

zztong and geostar1024 like this.
  7. Nogitsune

Nogitsune Rear Admiral

In your empyrion's "Content/Configuration" folder you'll find "Config_Example.ecf" file. That file is basically duplicate of Empyrion's internal default configuration, and kind of lists all the stuff you can change/override by making your own configuration.

Create in that folder a file named "Config.ecf". In that file, put this text:

Code:
    { Block Id: 1111, Name: RepairBayBA
      MaxCount: 50, type: int, display: true
    }
    This will allow you to place up to 50 repair bays into one base. This is only for the old style repair, won't affect the new block replacing repair thing. You can also change the bay so that it can be placed into CV as well as base:

Code:
    { Block Id: 1111, Name: RepairBayBA
      AllowPlacingAt: "Base,MS", display: true
      MaxCount: 50, type: int, display: true
    }

the unknow and WolfEyes like this.
  8. Zuleica

Zuleica Rear Admiral

I unlocked RepairBay T2 but I don't see it in the Adv Constructor. I also don't see it in ItemMenu. How do you obtain a RepairBay T2?

9. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    We though about that and I think we will allow "online-"repair at the cost of having to walk over to a repair console and start the repair by hand (like it is now done for R2TP)

runlykhel, WolfEyes and Maverick241 like this.
  10. geostar1024

geostar1024 Rear Admiral

So no tie-in to the signal logic system, then? I know you want to avoid people using docked entities for regenerating armor and to evade the weapons cap, but forcibly disabling weapons and thrusters for docked ships (until we have a proper docking system) while allowing unlimited numbers of repair bays and signal logic access would seem to get the job done. I'd also recommend increasing the repair bay power consumption to 100-200 MW; this is a seriously powerful feature and should require serious power (which would help limit the number of active repair bays that players might run).

11. Zuleica

Zuleica Rear Admiral

This, unfortunately, has issues with the Repair to BP feature. If you repair one ship on Repair Bay 1 then land a ship on Repair Bay 2, the Repair Console will not see the ship on Repair Bay 2.

If you then remove the ship from Repair Bay 1 the Repair Console thinks there is no ship on a Repair Bay.

The only way to get it to work is to repair the ship on Repair Bay 1, move the ship off of Repair Bay 1, THEN move the other ship on to Repair Bay 2. Of course this completely defeats the point of more than one repair bay.

And, why is there a Repair Bay T2 in the tech tree that says it can be made in all four constructor types but none of those seem to have a Repair Bay T2 schematic? And the console Itemmenu has no Repair Bay T2? And the regular repair bay will do repair to BP?

WolfEyes likes this.
  12. Van

Van Commander

I'm in favor of allowing more than 1 repair bay and repair to template bay on bases/CVs. From a gameplay perspective, it makes no sense to have a huge space station set up to support a fleet or even a CV large enough to house a fighter squadron, but have them only be able to repair one ship at a time.

From a design perspective, with CVs, it means being forced to have to choose between combining HV/SV hangars, or to only be able to repair one type of ship. With bases, if you don't want to maintain several separate bases, it means having to put the bay in a place that is accessible to the largest CV as well as the smallest HV.

13. SacredGlade

SacredGlade Commander

Loving this new feature.

> Now is it only me, or does anyone else think that RTBP is only a stones throw from having a full "ship yard" functionality? So that instead of our virtual BP factory we have a physical location for the ship yard? No more spawning massive capital vessels out of the ether or having a large number of fully constructed ships floating in null space ready to magically appear...

Personally I feel this would be far more immersive and much more of a survival feature than the initial worrying about food or temperature in early game!

14. Van

Van Commander

I think the plan is to eventually require a base large enough to spawn any given CV. I'm not sure if we'll still be able to spawn SVs and HVs on CVs, or if everything will have to be spawned at a base. Either way, it'll definitely be a change from the "safety net" of knowing that if you get shot down/ship destroyed on a hostile planet, you can just spawn a new SV and easily get back up into space.

15. geostar1024

geostar1024 Rear Admiral

That's how the system operates currently, which is something of a placeholder (I hope). I don't think the size of the base should influence what you can spawn on it; rather, the base needs to have the power and materials available to construct the blueprint that you want. Repair-to-blueprint is (I hope) a step toward that system, at which point we finally won't be allowed to tote around prebuilt dreadnoughts in our pockets.

Skavn likes this.
  16. Sgy-x2

Sgy-x2 Lieutenant

Dear developers, why is the repair console only available on the base? But what about the repair of small ships on large ships?

I live exclusively on large ships, so I am very saddened by the absence of the possibility of repairing small ships on large ships. Please add this possibility, thank you.

Skavn, JRS⁸⁶, Maverick241 and 2 others like this.
  17. Damion Rayne

Damion Rayne Lieutenant

Seconded. R2BP really needs to be looked at being added to CV's.

Van likes this.
  18. JuStX2

JuStX2 Captain

Would it be possible to use the last "Template" of a Vehicle Saved to Calculate a "True" HP Value on the Control Panel? I often wonder how damaged my craft is and with destroyed blocks not counting toward HP it's very useless (since iti almost always hovers around 98% even with half my craft destroyed). This problem is compounded by the fact that the 3rd Person Camera Offset is waaay above where it needs to be.

19. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
  20. BakerAble

BakerAble Commander

Have yet to try exp 8. This weekend.

Questions:

1) Is the repair template, per vessel? In other words, each vessel can have its own template saved for repair purposes?

2) What happens to the template when a vessel is recored? Does the template get cleared?

Answer to second has implications, especially in the event of capture and recore by enemy in mp. If captured, even in a seriously damaged state, did the enemy just capture an as new bp after running the vessel through rtbp?

SacredGlade likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.