Alpha 8.0 What would you like to see?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by VISION305, May 10, 2017.

1. VISION305

VISION305 Captain

They should be able to brotha! Trust me they can do it.

Tyrax Lightning and Sokuaisushi like this.
  2. oojimaflip

oojimaflip Captain

Make LARGE ships viable.

Yeah, I know; "Not gonna happen!"
    :rolleyes::(

Tyrax Lightning and TNTBOY479 like this.
  3. stimdealer0001

stimdealer0001 Captain

How big are we talkin? Like longer than current limits? (What is it like 512 end to end right now?)

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  4. oojimaflip

oojimaflip Captain

About 240 ish blocks. Can't even build a 500m ship.o_O

5. Supercrab

Supercrab Commander

Crabs. (underwater life) Subs. mabey if you put a device in the SV you can make it go underwater. something like "Sub device" or Underwater manuver device"

Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
  6. Mr J

Mr J Commander

HV - SV Docking!

Helmke, ITguy1981, Skavn and 5 others like this.
  7. Nogitsune

Nogitsune Commander

- ability to repair broken blocks
    - setting for server config to enable all CV weapons on planet environment on the server (this could be per-playfield so can be disabled on PvP areas f.ex.)
    - likewise ability to disable repair bay number limit - fx. would be nice if you could build a carrier so that each fighter has it's own little hangar space with a repair bay installed there. As long as multiple bays can't activate and repair the SAME vehicle at once, this should be fine. If it's huge balance issue, split the total repair speed between number of bays in use (total speed same as current bay).

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  8. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

I personally favor going the Warrior Route: Heaviest Armor I got at the time, as many Armor Modules as I can plug in, Heavy Weapons... especially the Minigun. :D (FYI the Minigun hits on Enemy Soldiers Stunlock them. Miniguns are ESPECIALLY built for vs large clusters of baddies. ;))

Like this, I handle large rooms of Aliens with a few Sentry Turrets then blow up the Spawners just fine. Then again, i'm sure a lot of ya are more the Finesse type but the AI being the Aimbot Cheaters they are atm screw over this style of Play atm, so these Frustrations are nonetheless Valid.

Pumpkin Milkshakes are still conspicuously absent from the menu. I hope this is rectified someday. :D

Sometimes if I get ahold of a Shotgun (T2) from a POI earlyish in a Survival Game, my fav use for it is to walk right up to a Lizard Mule's Head, activate the Scope & Zoom in to right into the Lizard Mule's Whites of its Eyes, & pull the trigger once... & for the cost of that one Shell, I got easy Meat & Milk. Plus note that Shotgun Shells are not expensive dudes to make. :p

Hey... Epic Minigun damage on a foe's Head has never felt weak to me... as a matter of fact, one of my fav funny things to see in the game is for me to 'Bullet Drill' a Desert Golem's hilariously easy to aim for & hit Head & laugh at how fast he dies from it.

Rocket Launchers & Plasma Cannons on the other hand... how many shots from them it can take to kill organic life can feel kinda awkward in combo with their slow rate of fire making for low DPS Scores... but I think those were really built for more Anti-Vehicle Damages... but seriously, one would think a single direct hit on a Crawler's Face would make it asplode into a billion giblets...

Ya shouldn't be letting Troop Transports land that many Troops into one spot, THEN challenging them if ya don't have Medium or Heavy Armor slotted with just Armor Boosts & a Minigun with a good number of Rounds... That's not sound strategy... o_O

I strongly suspect the possibility that one of the jobs of the Troop Transport is to give one ample reason to ponder using a HV instead of a SV for Base Raids, since HVs can hold Rocket Turrets to automate shooting down Troop Transports. Minigun Turrets on top of that can be good too.

Be careful what you wish for... I play Heroes of the Storm, & peeps asked Blizz for a Bikini Skin, & they Obliged... & gave it to the ugly horrible monster Character, Stitches... & went... "Here ya go. Enjoy! :p"

What if these Devs pulled something similar? :p

(Warning: Once ya've Clicked the Link above to see what's there, it can never be unseen...)

I'm not ready to give up on it.

Last I heard the Devs were planning on making a Underwater Vehicle class. ETA unknown.

For the Topic: What would I love to see in 7.0...? Lightning Planets & Lightning Cannons for Vehicles so I can shoot my foes with Lightning! :D

Edit: As Arceus as my witness, my damn Shift Key needs to do its damn job & CAPITALIZE things I tell it to! I hate having to fix Letter Capitalization Errors so damn often! :mad:

Last edited: Jul 23, 2017
    oojimaflip likes this.
  9. Flash Hendricks

Flash Hendricks Commander

Bigger planets, more of them, better AI, would all get my vote. Then alpha 7 should be a major graphics upgrade (creatures, aliens, Flora, etc., all look more than a little quaint at present); underwater life, caves, submarines, etc., would all be great. Then (beta 1?) a real, SP story -- I want to really talk to the aliens at the trading posts and get some interesting missions from them, etc.

10. [Ghetto]Two Shoe$

I would like to see:

Radar and Scanners:
    Active Radar
    Passive Radar
    Radar Jamming

Thermal Sensors

-Thrusters that only operate OUTSIDE of the vessel attached to them and only if they
    are UNOBSTRUCTED until such time as "contragrav/reactionless" thrusters find their
    way into the building blocks.

-1x2 Open Air Cockpit

-1x1 SV&HV fuel tanks and "small" 1x1 generators
    -1x3x1 HV "t3" thruster have similar output bonuses like the 1x3x1 SV thruster of the same sizes
    -Expendable Player drone; has to be made in a constructor, stack of 5 in individual "drone slot" in
    inventory page. Uses a small promethium pack at 1hr/pack. Has basic zoom and night vision.

-resized capital/BA devices to be more in line with their functions such as :
    Clone/Med bays
    O2
    o2 Tanks
    etc

-Player portable healing device that only works on others.

11. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

Are we talking along the lines of TF2 Medic, (Minus the Ubercharge) or Overwatch's Mercy?

12. Supercrab

Supercrab Commander

TV that actually plays news, for your TV to work you have to have a rader dish in your house.

tehmashby and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  13. Frankyln

Frankyln Rear Admiral

The romoval of the weapon degrading system. Get rid of epics there not rare anyways.
    Make all human weapons and armor craft able and resorces locked.
    Make human boosters craftable.

Add alien energy weapons that can be found in pois.
    This includes a range of weapons. Pistol, assault rifle, sniper, shotgun...
    Alien energy weapons have the advantage of all using the same interchangeable ammo.
    All alien energy weapon have a fast energy pulse system akin to star wars blasters.

Add alien power packs. All alien weapons/gear use a common power pack
    alien power packs can only be gained from scavenging alien poi and killing aliens. All alien tech has a power pack consumption rate, X points. Stack limit to be determined.

Add alien armor boosters. Different or better stats.
    Uses alien power packs. Consumed alien power packs from inventory to recharge. These are the same pack that are used to reload the alien weapons

Armor gets damaged and must be repaired at a armor locker using crafted armor repair kits

Armor is crafted and equipped at a armor locker. Armor can't be held in inventory

--------

A new block size extra small used to build small things like hover cycle( drop the motor cycle) and drones. Limited block count and size. Weapons damage/range would be equally to player weapons. Get rid of all the none block vehicles. These would be small enough to be viable for a merged block hp system.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
  14. Mr J

Mr J Commander

If they are working on an Underwater vehicle then please for the love of God allow it to be airlifted by the SV or carried by the HV!

Skavn, VISION305, Gatt and 1 other person like this.
  15. shargett2

shargett2 Lieutenant

I would like to see:
    Craftable weapon kits. On multiplayer servers, it is common that the good loot is already taken, leaving the new guys stuck with T1 weapons.
    Craftable Armor. We can make light armor, why not medium or heavy?
    Regenerating resources. I know we have meteors, but you can't put an auto miner on meteors. I know it is not terribly realistic, but I have played on several servers, where every planet was stripped bare.
    Aggressive aliens: The ability to toggle aliens attacking your base with ships (haven't seen an attack drone in a very long time) and with troop transports. Make us defend our bases. Troop transports should be launchable from any alien POI
    Renewable energy. The apex of every game I have played is when I spend days harvesting promethium meteors to do something in my CV Things like:
    Solar panels for bases and ships: provides a slower but constant recharge. The more you have the more you charge. and the ability on ships to retract them during combat?? This would also solve the issue of running out of power in space.
    Wind Power: Turbines are always good
    A ram scoop that can gather fuel (hydrogen and oxygen) from the atmosphere and space.
    Renewable Promethium sources (as stated above)

HV docking on SV. Similar to the U.S. Navy's LCAC (yes I have built one for the day I hope it is added) basically the ability to shuttle the hv to and from orbit, and throughout the local system (moons and planets)

Repair to 100% Maybe keep the current system as a "Standard" repair, but require ores to complete a complete repair. Maybe Zasconiou and Erestrium to completely repair an epic item.

Customizable skill advancement with level progression, and increase max level.
    Things like:
    Accuracy: increases the size of the bullseye on the target making it easier to hit.
    Damage: Increased damage from attacks
    Increased range of weapons
    Energy efficiency (use less power)
    Mining: make mining either in person or by hv/cv more efficient returning extra ore, and or mining faster.

The list could go on and on. Basically make level advancement mean something.

16. TNTBOY479

TNTBOY479 Lieutenant

Agressive AI that can be applied to player built ships with options such as:
    Ally to Faction A, Target and attack Faction B,
    Infinite Ammo,
    Invulnerability,
    Infinite fuel,
    etc.
    All of these could be enabled and disabled.
    Could also be set to fly a certain route. Of course this might not be able to be done in Alpha 7 but maybe at later stages.

17. Sofianinho

Sofianinho Commander

Alpha 7 :

[​IMG]

toast, Morrigan, tehmashby and 3 others like this.
  18. VISION305

VISION305 Captain

19. shargett2

shargett2 Lieutenant

Are there any plans to make a gui driven universe generator, that will include all of the settings for the planets, such as flora and fauna, animals, spawn rates, resources allocation, and planetary attributes?

20. tehmashby

tehmashby Lieutenant