Alpha 8.0 What would you like to see?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by VISION305, May 10, 2017.

1. Frankyln

Frankyln Rear Admiral

I Disagree the Factory is a broken bandage. If you have proper clone chambers to save from stupid deaths and
    unprepared outing. Sure you would loose some XP being an earlier version of your self but your not a lost cause.
    At least it fit better with survival than the magic box spitting out ships.
    You prepare before hand by constructing a clone chamber. supplying it with bio matter then off you go.
    If you want you can think of them as save point you 61 hour game is now only 4 hours back if you prepared first.

Think, Prepare, Survive
    check out Limited Perma-death Option.

Sofianinho and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  2. ITguy1981

ITguy1981 Commander

I agree with you there. So the game working as it should with working mechanics and AI they should get rid of the pocket blueprint or at least get rid of the instant spawning. Maybe at least have the player place the finished blueprint where it would remain under construction until finished. This way blueprints wouldn't have a construction time. You would just put the mats in and they are done, but you have a construction time once placed in the game.

Tyrax Lightning and Frankyln like this.
  3. Jebbus

Jebbus Ensign

You could have a mechanic that allows a "hard" copy to be taken with you that you load into a mobile 3d printer type affair that then builds the new SV or HV. CV's would be too big to be "printed" so can only be built at base printers. The Minecraft Tekkit Quarry would be an example of the sort of style/look

Edit: Thinking about it more, it could be a use for the antenna to beam the pattern to other planets

Morrigan and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  4. TNTBOY479

TNTBOY479 Lieutenant

1 click paint structures. Or giant brushes.
    Easier painting basically.

5. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

I have to agree . The factory is a lot less complex and it's very simple. I will be fine with using it but if they give others another options than that is great but I will stick with the less complex option of the factory.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2017
    Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  6. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

It doesn't really bother me much that people can have so called Pocket ships. it's something I get over quickly just another ship for me to shoot at but I'm sure the devs could disable tthat feature so you can't carry a completed ship around with you but it's not a big deal to me.
    What would make more sense is if the blue print factory was a physical object that must be built out of a base core in order to use it and that you could not access it unless you were close to that base. Like a shipyard.

toast, Tyrax Lightning and Sofianinho like this.
  7. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

We know part of 7.0 will be more realistic looking planets. So that is a positive.

8. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

When/If the time comes & the Devs ever Implement a Shipyard, Garage, or such kinda thing our Stuff builds in someday, thus the "Magic Factory" goes away, I presume being able to stick Plates into it for materials Fulfillment will still be plenty doable.

Implementation of a Shipyard, Garage, or such would also render "Pocket Ships" extinct, cause there will surely never be any such a thing as a "Pocket Shipyard/Garage".

banksman45 likes this.
  9. toast

toast Commander

I would love to see moving blocks, mechanical type things. Pistons, hinges, turn tables, and grapples; i.e., things that extend, things that bend, things that rotate, and things that grab. Would pair really well with the new switches.

Mostly, I wand to be able to make a crane on my CVs for deploying and retrieving HVs.

10. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

It would be awesome if they do create a shipyard but if they kept the factory like it is. I'm fine with it.

Tyrax Lightning and Mortlath like this.
  11. not_you2

not_you2 Ensign

A couple of building changes would be nice. For one I would like some flexibility in changing build orientation inside creative mode. Too many headaches with building and spraying 1 block at a time. Maybe adjust the head like with blocks holding shift to widen the radius. Also would like to see gears, wheels, or hinges find there way in there too. If not creative changes the game play changes would have to be in ai, npc and alien controlled ships needs improving and more diversification. Plus I would like to be able to create them to fight against in single player scenarios. It's too much of a hassle to try and work around that. I would like to see an expansion to the workshop content to be able to add scenarios with our ai controlled enemies :)

Tyrax Lightning and banksman45 like this.
  12. Mortlath

Mortlath Commander

Dragging with the left button places a straight line of blocks.

13. not_you2

not_you2 Ensign

I'm talking about with the paint and texture tool. Not placing the blocks themselves.

14. Tyrax Lightning

I honestly hope Trap Doors are just the beginning. :D

*Prays to Arceus for a way to suck up & store Lava to then deposit into Custom Homemade Lava Traps & Lava Moats...*

One of the reasons i'd love a Shipyard is that it'd be cool if it was like a ginormous-sized Elevator block where ya could float around inside its Space & do your Building in it easier rather then on the damn Ground, bogged down by Gravity... ESPECIALLY for HV Building. Being bogged down on the ground by Gravity during HV Building makes that building a pain in the ass even in Creative Mode... especially when ya can't do anything but have your start of your HV being its Core laying on the naked ground when NO final HV should EVER have its Core on its bottom-most Block Layer completely exposed & naked.

banksman45 likes this.
  15. Kahrek

Kahrek Lieutenant

Personally I would like a troll drone trap. It just follows you around forever yelling out insults and whenever you shoot at things it would fly in your face and block your line of sight. Give it like a million HP and if you, somehow, manage to get rid of it then two more show up. Nobody would ever attack your base again!

Cheers,

16. Kahrek

Kahrek Lieutenant

You do know you can remove the core block after your start the design. Just do not remove all the blocks. Put down the HV core. Add random block around it. Remove core then add it again in a place of your choosing.

And if you were just feigning ignorance then well played sir or madam, well played!

Cheers,

17. Tyrax Lightning

No I was not feining ignorance. I just think one should not HAVE to pop the Core out & replace it after as the ONLY way to get Creations done. It's kinda annoying. :/

Also there was a time when I used to not do the trick cause it used to provoke Bugs. Eventually the Bugs surrounding doing that trick got fixed... & it took me a LONG time to find out about it. Now I have for awhile now & do that trick when the need arises, though I still don't like using it as Plan A on stuff not a SV... SVs tend to not really give ya a choice in the matter. Before all that hoopla, what i'd do was stick dummy Hover Engines on the sides of it, dummy Generator, dummy Fuel Tank, dummy RCS, one dummy Thruster in each of the 4 directions, then at last a dummy Cockpit, turn it on & raise it to Max Hover, stick the Floor of the HV on, then take the dummy stuff off & resume real work. Later on I expanded this, after the Core Replace Trick became fully viable & I found about it & commenced using it, to sticking Dummy Hover Engines on the bottom-most Block Layer to serve as sort of 'Legs' for my Build to stand on, make a tower of Blocks above the center of the HV Starter 10 - 15 Blocks high, wipe out everything from the Block below the Top Block down except for those dummy Hover Engines, then work on my 'pseudo-jacked-up' Build where I can actually WORK on the damn 'bottom' of the Build PROPERLY.

18. Kahrek

Kahrek Lieutenant

What I think we need is a neutral creative environment. A big grey box. with no gravity that lets you just spawn anything. When you are done choose a backdrop and a light level and voila. Could have a save game for each of your creations and just work on it from there. I really find it annoying to have and work with weird lighting and stuff.

19. Tyrax Lightning

Maybe... then again, i've found it useful to be able to take finished Creations, & test drive them in various ways the current Creative Mode offers... for example, driving a SV around inside Aestus & performing intense Maneuvers to test if my Generator Power in that SV is sufficient, or turns out to be inadequate... or how well a CV can land on the Planet for picking up a Mining HV then taking back off with it... or if ya gotta weird SV Cockpit strategy on one's SV & if that inside Masperon Fogginess turns out to be a real problem... Or how well one's Mining HV handles Omicron's Ravines... & on & on & on. :)

20. SilvRav

SilvRav Moderator
    Staff Member