Alpha 8.1.1: Hotfix

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by EleonGameStudios, Jul 3, 2018.

1. EleonGameStudios

EleonGameStudios Developer
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Hi Galactic Survivalists,

We just released another hotfix for Alpha 8.1. In this hotfix, we solved some of the problems with AI shooting through walls. However, our fix does not work in all use cases yet and we are still working on proper solution.

Please report bugs and issues in the threads pinned here: https://empyriononline.com/forums/bugs.24/
    We are looking forward to your ongoing feedback over here: https://empyriononline.com/forums/faq-feedback.25/

Yours,

Empyrion Dev Team

=========

Changelog: Alpha 8.1.1 (Build 1743)

Bug Fixes:
    - Fixed: Problem that AI clipped into walls and was able to see and shoot players through walls
    - Fixed: Zirax Shotgun Trooper shooting through walls
    - Fixed: Drones falling through the world
    - Fixed: Broken Status Effect Notification Messages
    - Fixed: Change of Playfield can cause disconnects in some use cases
    - Fixed: Several internal exceptions reported on support email

Changes:
    - Disallow to upload "Default Creative" Scenario to workshop
    - Added cure for Mutilation to Trauma Kit

2. Starwing6

Starwing6 Rear Admiral

Thanks for the update! It's never fun when enemies shoot through walls :p

TK85 likes this.
  3. dichebach

dichebach Captain

HUZZAH! :)

4. TK85

TK85 Captain

Thanks!

5. Wayson

Wayson Lieutenant

The NPC Clipping was bugger, thank you for working on it!

6. GasBandit

GasBandit Lieutenant

My users are reporting destroyed drones are still falling through the ground :/

TK85 likes this.
  7. Wayson

Wayson Lieutenant

@GasBandit

No surprise there, this is an old issue that trails all the way back to 1st launch, it's crazy that it's returned...

mR_kAt and Marty like this.
  8. TK85

TK85 Captain

This bug is already a pet...

mR_kAt, ☣.C.H.U.D.☣ and Marty like this.
  9. grg3d

grg3d Lieutenant

Hi Can anybody help me the latest up date on the server I use has wiped out over 100 hours of game play is there any way to get ships or bases back or please point me in the right direction as the server host dose not want to deal with it

10. StyxAnnihilator

StyxAnnihilator Commander

grg3d: Sad to hear. Possible to request a backup, then NOT update and start dump out Blueprints? If able to connect to the file system of the server, maybe can find the old files and copy to your PC and set up a server there to do it. I do not have enough knowledge of the file structure of EGS. Also ask in another forum section in own thread (if not done), here your posting will probably "drown".

11. Wayson

Wayson Lieutenant

@grg3d
    Talk to your Server Owner/Admin, but my response would be NO!, your screwed, that is unless you have your items on the "Workshop" but that wont help you in-game, you would still have to respawn everything. I hope this info helps you...

12. GasBandit

GasBandit Lieutenant

...and the drones that DON'T fall through the ground start spamming the nearby user with Null Object Reference errors.

Redneck Gaming likes this.
  13. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
  14. ☣.C.H.U.D.☣

☣.C.H.U.D.☣ Captain

We will see..........

15. ASTIC

ASTIC Commander

16. Nogitsune

Nogitsune Rear Admiral

Continuing from experimental thread: starting on varied planets (desert, snow, alien..), most of the non-temperate planets have no breathable atmosphere. While giving away a light armor would technically be a possibility (the only possibility at the moment), it would also go against the original story, and kind of skip some steps on the early game (light armor tech, armor locker).

Generally planets still have atmosphere, just not a breathable one. So perhaps we could have an addition of some kind of "breathing apparatus", essentially just something that gives you O2 tank and mask. That would still leave the issue of radiation on alien planet, but with enough water bottles that might be manageable...

As for the starting resources, Rob proto basically crams a survival portable constructor down your throat (along with some other stuff). If "other starter planets" would have the story too, then that would be a source of constructor - which in turn would let you (slowly) refine basic rocks into necessary starting ore (to make drill, scaner, detector etc). If not, it wouldn't be too much to just stash the constructor into escape pod to compensate for lack of Rob proto. "Fresh start" could have the constructor too, so you have a way out if you totally mess things up.

For the "story mode", it would be enough if proto is available on temperate starter planet(s), and there is eventual access to those planets once you build your first warp CV - it would mean slower start for story missions if you pick harder starter planet.. but that isn't really a problem.. since picking a harder planet you should be able to handle yourself without hand-holding from the story - and we can simply assume that the... "story elements" ended up on the nearby temperate planet.

What comes to the "rebalancing" of the other planet types, I can see how that could take time. But for those who are in hurry to test the environment, probably some way to simply generate current snow/desert/alien planets with "starter flag" in SSG could work sufficiently well (e.g. in random config, have option for snowstarter [0] which can be set to something like snowstarter[1]). Maybe an option to set "broken light armor" as starter armor would solve the O2 issue - a light armor with 0 initial durability. It would work with the story too.

Wayson likes this.
  17. Misunderstood Wookiee

I waited... I waited.. and it seems now was a good time to have free time because now 8.0 came stable, and 8.x.x has ironed out a lot of early kinks. I held off playing this game every since of the tease of the experimental A8 branch as I wanted to code some stuff and make worlds but knew they would have to be thrown out.

18. Wayson

Wayson Lieutenant

@Misunderstood Wookiee
    Interesting interlude, it depends greatly upon your personal definition of "stable", right?

19. WolfEyes

WolfEyes Captain

Refusing to help a player recover their hard work on a server is pretty asinine. Great way to lose players and end up with an inactive server.

mR_kAt likes this.
  20. The Hashtronaut

TBH..there really is no reason to build a Base anymore.......
    just live on your CV....

Only items bases have that CVs dont is as follows
    1:Furnace
    2:ATM
    3:Solar Generators
    4:Solar panels

- Unlimited Grow plots (XP allday...whats 25 levels...waste of time)
    - A tent that just taking up Room in the Games package (because noobs want to sleep over the night.It would've made more sense to make it a Habitat to live in temp.)
    - Control panel is joke ( I can build a box and put everything in it and bury it in the ground and stand on a block and access everything in my base)
    - BluePrint spawning is a Joke also (No reason they can't reverse engineer the console to create a Shipyard,something else i could work on)
    - Drone/Armor/Weapons/Boosters can be so much better then it is now (something else i could work on)
    - Tech tree (i can't believe it is what it is now,Something else i could work on)

It depends on the server.
    If there is no custom content then the chances are the servers a bust...the Admins dont know what they are doing
    Also some of the time people complain about their own stupidity and then blame the server or the game for their errors...

Pro-Tip
    Wanna get to 25 really fast?
    Build a giant garden with wooden grow plots.
    Then plant whatever you want (power level)
    then sell it all to the trade station and buy everything you ever wanted

mR_kAt likes this.