Alpha 8.5 - Feedback: New turret targeting options

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by Hummel-o-War, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    Improved Turret Targeting Options:
    - Added more detailed targeting options: BA, CV, SV, HV, Troops
    [​IMG]
    Notes:
    - Since ‘Troops’ is now a separate setting, you need to always select a faction (Alien, Player, Prey, Predator) and have the ‘Troops’ checkbox selected as well in order to allow turrets to pick up NPCs as a target!
    - Just having Predator selected will NOT make the turrets fire on those anymore!
    - Check the handling info given on the bottom of the turrets device group page on the device tab in the Control panel

2. StyxAnnihilator

StyxAnnihilator Captain

Maybe set all to not selected as default. Along with a "Set all to selected or not" switch. Have Drones as separate choice. Mostly I only want to target Alien + Drone, NCP's by myself (or opposite). Understand why NOT have "Core" as a choice. Maybe a selection for internal turrets (the small ones).

Also I would like to be able to select priority if several choices.

TK85 and geostar1024 like this.
  3. Paganizer

Paganizer Commander

Would like to have subgroups for the turrets, so the different groups of turrets can easily be made to target different things, but that's probably for another topic (control panel thing).

I don't really like the new configuration (although better than the old), it's still unnecessarily confusing imo. It will do for now though :)

StyxAnnihilator and geostar1024 like this.
  4. geostar1024

geostar1024 Rear Admiral

Especially this! The more target options we get, the more important it will be to be able to properly prioritize them. The ability to set the priority of individual ships/drones would also be nice to have.

TK85 and StyxAnnihilator like this.
  5. frank walls

frank walls Commander

I would like the turrets to actually shoot things. My HV minigun rarely shoots at enemies. Tried to engage a group of zirax and the turret only killed one then stopped shooting. This situation happens frequently. In fact, the turret is pretty much useless except for manual targetting.

6. zztong

zztong Rear Admiral

Borrowing from RimWorld, allow players to switch from on/off boxes to a box where you choose a priority number from 1 to 4. The targeting order would then be 1's from top to bottom, then 2's from top to bottom, 3's top to bottom, 4's top to bottom.

TK85 likes this.