Alpha 8.6.1: Hotfix

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by EleonGameStudios, Sep 12, 2018.

1. EleonGameStudios

EleonGameStudios Developer
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Hi Galactic Survivalists,

We just released a small patch for Alpha 8.6.

Please continue to report bugs over here: https://empyriononline.com/threads/...play-read-introduction-before-reporting.43916

Yours,

Emp Dev Team

===========

CHANGELOG: Alpha 8.6.1 (Build 1875)

Changes:
    - Made DSL control parameters available in gameoptions.yaml
    - Added new T0 HV Stock Prefab. Thanks to:
    XCaliber (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1503757615) -> with some slight texture adjustments
    - Old HV T0 does not need Sathium anymore (no hardened steel used anymore)
    - Removed cobalt requirement for Turret Projectile template
    - Added new Junk T1 and T2 POIs: thanks to jmcburn & rainyday
    - Updated TalonTemple POI and TSO Akua Orbit
    - Updated textures on Open Cockpit 2 (SV) and Cockpit 3 (CV)
    - Updated block info for survival tool
    - Blue selection box now gets removed if 'Selection' checkmark is uncheck

Bug Fixes:
    - Fixed: Issue with Player names in factions
    - Fixed: External camera view too far away from long CV
    - Fixed: Mounted vessel weapons: destroyed weapons are firing "out of the nowhere"
    - Fixed: Replace mode of the texture & color tool when used on terrain causes the game to freeze in the creative mode
    - Fixed: Beam of (retractable) Drill Turret and Multiturret not visible
    - Fixed: Parts of bases/ships morphing/appearing on other structures.
    - Fixed: Spawned docked ships don't move anymore if vessel it was docked to is gone
    - Fixed: When placing HoverThruster, there should not be in CP: RCS missing, Thruster missing
    - Fixed: LCDs from previous savegames turn black when being edited
    - Fixed: Falling parts of a base had no texture
    - Fixed: Issue with Emissive textures with bloom enabled
    - Fixed: Cut removes mesh collider
    - Fixed: Bug for sector map 3d pathing
    - Fixed: Internal exception linked to solar panel

Dietrich, Andipro, Matt and 6 others like this.
  2. Pyston

Pyston Captain

Thanks for the update.

I am not sure if you were able to test/or even see the ship I posted in the contest, but it greatly out performs the ship you chose for a prefab, at around the same cost and time to produce. The prefab ship you chose also has terrible issues falling over and getting stuck. I remedied those issues in my design. Please have a look, the Mototon would be an excellent starter prefab for Empyrion.

If my style is not up to par, then I can understand. But performance/handling wise my ship clearly out performs the chosen prefab.

32 Iron
    38 Copper
    32 Silicon
    3m 46s to produce

Thank you,
    Pyston

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1504590616
    [​IMG]

3. icehot

icehot Lieutenant

Just tried that out - you're right that handles really well, I like it :)

Pyston likes this.
  4. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

Patch note announcements are not the place to post your work, especially with a tone that your creation is better than something in the game. It sets a bad precedent, as everyone will begin tossing their random workshop items on every patch note demanding inclusion.

5. Pyston

Pyston Captain

Sorry, I was unaware that I could not comment to the devs trying to help them out with the game.

I am also sorry if you misread my tone as being better than something else, that was and is not my intent. I simply believe that pre-fabs should show new players what is achievable with their resources. I also believe that new players should have an easier time piloting craft, and in this example my ship is easier to pilot and move in game. That was my primary goal when making it, inexpensive to create and performance/handling that is more forgivable for a new player.

I believe first impressions last, and when designing a starter vessel for a pre-fab it simply makes sense that it be forgiving. I tested Xcalibers and although it is a very nice aesthetic design, it did not pass my test for forgiveness to new players.

Again, please do not misinterpret my post as being anything more than trying to help new players in the game.

WolfEyes and elmo like this.
  6. Germanicus

Germanicus Captain

Well, feelings of reading an advertisement aside...

It looks nice, it may handle nice but its still only usable for ONE Starter Planet - and here you failed miserably.

Because you won't survive the temperature on the Arid Planet with an OPEN Cockpit
    Old picture but still valid!
    A8201777_5404_2018-07-18_07-07-42.png
    and now when the Heat Wave hits
    A8201777_5404_2018-07-17_21-10-25.png

7. markoredflag

markoredflag Lieutenant

If you will allow me, I have a suggestion.
    I've already talked about our desire to have a simple 3x2x1 cockpit for HVs and SVs,
    just to be able to enjoy a cleaner design, and make more accurate replicas.
    And you created the captain's chair for CV.
    I wonder if it would be possible to create a captain's chair for HVs and SVs, with the same design as the passenger chair.
    If it is possible we will have the solution of our problems of drawing, and dreams realized also, thank Eleon team.

old_guy, Kieve, Runeshadow and 2 others like this.
  8. Germanicus

Germanicus Captain

great idea:)

9. icehot

icehot Lieutenant

Whilst you're completely right, I'm not 100% sure I'd ever use that HV beyond the motorbike stage anyway, at which point you still do have that temparature issue - I'll be aiming for something better straight away - though this still brings me to the point I raised a long time ago, unless they're planning on getting rid of the motorbike, I'm struggling to see the point of these level 0 HV's considering a level 1 HV is way better and still very cheap.

Pyston likes this.
  10. Pyston

Pyston Captain

I can appreciate where you believe its a failed design based on your parameters, but that would also put Xcalibers ship (the new prefab) and the vast majority of the submissions as failed as well.

The nice thing about the various prefabs is that the player has options. That is the nice thing about life in general is choice. So for me it was less about failed and more about an offering for those who choose to use an open cockpit. It makes sense to me that if the open cockpit is even offered, that it has its place in game. That was my goal.

Thanks for your positive feedback on its style and handling. :)

11. Germanicus

Germanicus Captain

I wouldn't use any Lvl1 HV of the open cockpit Beauties. I lvl up to fast to consider lvl 1 to be of any use. I start mainly with XCalibers Pup Redux for "hunting" Trees en masse only to replace it soon after against the XCalibers Drill Pup MUT and those are not expansive either.

Sorry Devs! Not the right place to talk about this! My Apologies!

12. icehot

icehot Lieutenant

Sorry I meant class 1, not level 1 - you're right, level 3 and 5 HV's are what I aim for within the 1st day, and I also go for the Pup Redux, it's a really good HV first day.

Germanicus likes this.
  13. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

I actually made myself a little basic open-cockpit "bike" type HV in my Arid game-start and I love it. It handles beautifully and I can lean it over while cornering - which is totally redundant of course other than for the "weeeeeee" factor lol. However, I did it quite late in the game. I already had a starting HV built very early on with a closed cockpit to protect me from the heat. I later built a light SV, then a mining HV both enclosed. I also have a warp-capable SV and a salvaged (WIP) CV on the lading pad. However, despite all that, I still just built the open-cockpit HV. Why? Well, I have a Medium suit and some boosts to survive in the open now, plus this HV is fun to zoom around in and it's great for nipping down to the shops - a.k.a. going to the nearby lake where my Water Collector thingies are :)

I only ever really use my own HV designs, it feels more survival when I'm building something from scratch. I've never really been a fan of being able to instantly spawn something in once it's built. I'm looking forward to the proposed Factory changes where it becomes a physical construct, though this will potentially hugely shake up the early-game. Unless we get some sort of deployable device enabling us to spawn in the most basic of BP's only. I.e. we craft a deployable mini-factory that we place on the terrain, feed it blocks and it can craft basic Class 1 HV's and SV's only. The larger, BA level device Factory blocks will be a little different.

I don't want the factory becoming non-virtual to spoil the early-game nomadic HV-only exploration for those who prefer to spawn in their vessels.

Scoob.

14. Buuuh

Buuuh Lieutenant

What changes are proposed? I haven't found or read them yet, but i'm interested into.

In my opinion you should be able to put a blueprint into a contructor, which builds all single parts and then put all the stuff in (huge) factory-device which finally essembles all the parts.

15. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

They've been spoken about a few times in the past. The current "virtual factory" implementation where BP's are constructed in some non-existent realm then teleported to the player was always a placeholder. The plan, as the devs describe it going forward, was that the Factory would be some sort of construct which would fabricate vessels from BP's.

I've no idea exactly what form this will take, but the best guess is some sort of placeable block & supporting gubbins into which you feed the parts. I'm guessing something not too dissimilar from the current Repair Bay / Console setup we gained recently. I'd assume though a flat area of sufficient size to spawn the BP would be required - hence, in part, the current optional spawning limitation we have.

My thoughts were to ensure that this mechanic, once it's implemented, doesn't impact negatively the spawning of "starter" type BP's very early in the game. That's why I've suggested a "portable" variant of the Factory that enables spawning of low-level and low-class BP's early on. While I personally like to build my first HV and SV in a survival game, I'm keen to see the option to spawn a BP early-game when the player has no base upon which to place the more advanced Factory devices. Hence a deployable of some sort to allow this.

To be clear, I've no clue when these Factory changes are planned for, just that the devs have spoken about it from time to time and the "needs to be spawned on a BA" restriction was a first step towards that.

Scoob.

16. Buuuh

Buuuh Lieutenant

Good to know that they at least plan something in this direction.

I like the general idea of blueprints, but it is some kind of gamebreaking from my point of view, if you can spawn in complete vessels without any effort, even it is just a small starter HV (you don't need energy, and atm you don't even require the skills for building every single part, you just need to have a minimum player level).
    In the beginning of a game the player should not need only time to manufacture the required blocks, but also time to assemble a starter ship (hence it might be nice to tell a constructor to build all needed parts for a blueprint, but not assemble them. Of course only if the constructor is abel to build the parts).

I'm ok with being able to build a HV/SV without needing a base first, but blueprints are not the solution for that. To make this possible simply a HV-Starterblock and a HV-Constructor should be buildable in the mobile constructor, then you can continue building it up using the HV-constructor, which afaik is able to build all HV-blocks.

I think there should be some work to be done before being able to let a "factory" produce complex, huge structures and in my opionon this should only be possible in a base. Which makes on the other way round a base again necessary, which is not the case atm as soon as you have a fully equipped CV (since a CV is basically a flying base with almost no limitations).

I'd even prefer the mobile constructor to have a limitation in power usage. Maybe it comes with some solar cells and a small capacitor integrated and/or maybe a small fueltank and generator. So you need to wait for the capacitor to charge during day, then being able to produce first fuel, and then either be limited to day use (with small capacitor) or to carry it going with fuel.
    Atm the mobile constructor is almost a cheat. It can't produce that much items, but what it can it does without needing any ressources like power. So even later in game you can use the moblie-ctor for crafting ores into ingots or produce fuel. It is slower, but you can place 20 of them and let them running.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
    Damocles and markoredflag like this.
  17. markoredflag

markoredflag Lieutenant

Cool, I've been thinking about it too, and I wish it were like in the fiction films, but unlike having a builder, I'd rather it was in a spaceport city like in tatooine. In the game all POIs are from the enemy, but could have a city that had a factory of ships and a place to do the spawn of these ships, without restriction, that was neutral, of smugglers and pirates, and also be indestructible so that several players could use it instead of ATMs.
    And being neutral the sirax could make patrols through the streets of the city also, taken by the transport of troops.
    That would be more real, as it is in the movies. and could have human characters and ets, mechanics, and ship parts of ships as well. and unlike ATMs each sector could be in a different place. drugstore. bar, restaurant, engineering, weapons, etc ....
    would be like being embedded in the concept of a fugitive, an enemy trying to escape from the planet.

18. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

@Buuuh - I do agree. For me, every Blueprint would need to be produced by some fairly substantial BA-only structure. That's my personal preference, though equally I don't want to ruin things for those who like to be able to spawn things out of thin air and dump any excess loot in the current virtual Factory. It is a very flexible feature at the moment, no doubt, but I want an excuse to construct some giant space-shipyard BA :)

I think personally, I'd like to see a multi-block device - some sort of Constructor, but larger - as the "main" block for the Factory, but with ancillary "welder" type blocks that, perhaps, deploy Drones to do the building. I'd then like to actually see the Vessel be created block-by-block over time.

While I'm most SP these days, I think it'd be cool to have to defend a build site like this. In SP from heightened Drone / PV attacks and with MP having the addition of Player Faction attacks of course. Currently, spawning in a vessel has no gameplay to it, one second it's not there, the next it is. Sure, I'll not belittle the effort it requires to gather the required materials for larger blue prints. However, once ready, I'm really not a fan of the insta-spawn.

I do use BP's from time to time to bring in my own creations, but I generally role-play having to build a facility first to support it. Having to set up a base for the singular goal of defending a Capital Vessel build site - aka player Factory - would be dead cool. Smaller Factory setups, so those for creating smaller SV's and HV's, could easily be set up in a hangar on the planet. Those for the largest CV's though would likely be orbital creations...so we need some more threats up there too! :)

@markoredflag - if at some future point a BA could be almost a city with troops of our own patrolling adding to the defence, that'd be dead cool. One of the things I'd like to see implemented is the AI making better use of Troop Transports to assault our bases. Currently, I can set up a Single Cannon Turret placed logically based on the direction the Drones approach from. However, this leave other angles of attack potentially open to exploitation by ground forces. If the AI could handle that sort of thing effectively I'd be mighty impressed.

Note: I used to "fake" Troop Transport attacks on my base via little modding... I'd ensure that all POI's had Troop Transport response enabled, then I'd build near such a POI - like the Titan Wreck Sections - so lots of Drones would flood in as well as Troop Ships landing Zirax Patrols. I've had some of my most fun games that way. I really must set up a modified super-hard playfield again when I get the time! :)

Edit: btw: my game just applied an update, yet I was already on the version published yesterday...

Scoob.

markoredflag likes this.
  19. markoredflag

markoredflag Lieutenant

Unfortunately you said the keyword: time.
    our real life does not allow us to live in our perfect world, so it takes time to achieve something. especially in PM.

20. Ranger_Ric

Ranger_Ric Lieutenant

Not mentioned in the bug fixes... Thank you for fixing the Gforce Experience detection so quickly guys!