Alpha 8.6: Bug Fixes and Improvements

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by EleonGameStudios, Sep 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EleonGameStudios

EleonGameStudios Developer
    Staff Member

• Developer
    [​IMG]

Hi Galactic Survivalists,

After our big Anniversary update last week, today we are releasing a smaller update Alpha 8.6 with bug fixes and a few more additions, like a new planet type, more retractable turrets, as well as UI and visual improvements!

Check out the update video by Ashrai:

Please report bugs over here: https://empyriononline.com/threads/...play-read-introduction-before-reporting.43916

Yours,

Emp Dev Team

===========

CHANGELOG: Alpha 8.6.0 (Build 1867)

New Swamp Planet:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    - Added new temperate swamp planet with a high biome diversity. The new planet can be found in the Random Default scenario and in the Akua-Omicron scenario as Roggery planet
    (Note: It is not (yet) integrated as a new starter planet)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    - The planet includes more than 20 new POIs (thanks to binhthuy71, rainyday, Ramachandra, jmcburn, jrandall, Needleship for their POIs) and several new terrain stamps (2 biomes on this planet were inspired by Vexray's creations)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

FEEDBACK THREAD: https://empyriononline.com/threads/alpha-8-6-feedback-swamp-planet.43918/

Additions:
    - Added retractable turrets for Bases and Hover Vessels
    [​IMG]
    - Added Base Turrets in groups (similar to CV)
    - Added retractable versions for alien sentry guns
    [​IMG]
    - Added wall version for human sentry gun
    - Added retractable version for all human sentry guns (and put into block group)
    [​IMG]
    FEEDBACK Thread: https://empyriononline.com/threads/...able-landing-gears-turrets-and-weapons.43631/

- Added Prefab Stock Tier 0 HV (very light, cheap and maneuverable by only using Hover Thrusters):
    [​IMG]

Gameplay:
    - Limiting camera third person zoom to 300 meter
    - Survival Tool does not consume Stamina anymore
    - Increased rotation speed of all sentry guns

User Interface:
    - Re-added weapon name to right-bottom HUD
    - Allow to select Structure type (BA, SV, CV, HV) and Object type for more menus (similar behavior as with Constructor): BP Menu (F2) and Creative Menu
    - Added tooltips to N Building Menu (Build Settings Window)
    - Updated preview icons for Plastic (darker to better distinguish from other blocks)

Visuals:
    - Added new static image when using Warp Jump (instead of white screen)
    - Re-added parallax high setting

Planet Update:
    - Updated Arid planet: Added Epsilon Main Radar Complex + Auxiliaries
    - Added new POI: Xenu Fuel Storage (by fractalite): group name "XenuMain"

Balancing:
    - Re-balanced NPC spawning on Temperate Starter planets (less spiders during night, more diversity in spawning)
    - Re-balanced temperate starter (Default Scenario): starter POIs are now a bit closer to starter biome (ca 150m)

Other Changes:
    - Enhanced Deconstructor to deconstruct group block's children
    - Furnace no longer shows construction queue (not needed since furnace does step-by-step auto-crafting)
    - Non-retractable turrets occupy now 1 block space less in y direction
    - Added console command ("unlockdevices", "ud") for unlocking all devices
    - Added console command ("calcunlockpoints", "cup") that calculates how many unlock points are needed to unlock everything in all tech trees
    - TurretTemplate is now exported to Config.ecf
    - Reduced night light intensity on desert planet

Bug Fixes:
    - Fixed: Mounted weapons can't reload if some of the other mounted weapons are inactive
    - Fixed: Instant reloading for retractable turrets by turning them on and off constantly
    - Fixed: Sometimes when returning to docked vessels they can be positioned incorrectly but still docked.
    - Fixed: Spawned docked ships don't move anymore if vessel it was docked to is gone
    - Fixed: Problem that sold stacks to NPC Trader were not split properly
    - Fixed: Coloring with Mirror plane does not work for several blocks (eg Windows, Railing etc)
    - Fixed: Item dupe after playfield change (landing to planet)
    - Fixed: Solar Panels only show one yellow dot after a few restarts / after a while
    - Fixed: Solar panels calculate the sun at the wrong position in some cases
    - Fixed: Solar energy production displays wrong numbers in some cases
    - Fixed: Problem that block texture and color was not visible when using "Lock" feature in N Building Menu (Build Settings Window)
    - Fixed: Sometimes when approaching a structure in a vessel the vessel will be slowed down or stopped for a few moments
    - Fixed: Some underwater flora is transparent when SSAO is on low
    - Fixed: Sometimes after leaving a planet a random POI is appearing close to the planet & the player can be teleported far away
    - Fixed: Block preview not showing original texture when Lock mode is switched off
    - Fixed: Sporadic problem that docked ships did float above the base after spawning and when returning to the server
    - Fixed: Sporadic error "Error assigning texarray texture to 2D texture property"
    - Fixed: When the player enters a planet from orbit you see for a split second the terrain close up
    - Fixed: Sprinting into a cockpit keeps Stamina draining
    - Fixed: Furnace idle/working mode not correct
    - Fixed: Revealed sectors not displayed in scroll list in sector map.
    - Fixed: Issue with Emissive textures with bloom enabled.
    - Fixed: Terrain Placeables could be stacked on top of each other (Tents, Work Lights, Water Generator etc)
    - Fixed: Custom new game name is reset after changing difficulty settings.
    - Fixed: Slot info missing from Armor info UI.
    - Fixed: Internal AI Exception
    - Fixed: Page down camera glitch through ground
    - Fixed: Several internal exceptions
    - Fixed: “EnergyIn” is displayed at bottom for Drill Turret (and all other drills) in Block Info (unlike for other devices)
    - Fixed: Upgrade Info in tooltip sometimes showing "null" (instead of "None")

Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
    TiwBras, Siege Inc., Matt and 18 others like this.
  2. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    IronCartographer likes this.
  3. caesarbear

caesarbear Lieutenant

In before the ingrates.

Awesome stuff Eleon. Keep going.
    Love that swamp planet.

Sofianinho and spacefarmer like this.
  4. paxxo1985

paxxo1985 Lieutenant

Please increase DSL range to 3km at least in pvp sectors!!!!
    Or make dsl draw distance selectable by server owners and configurable in pvp and pve differently!!!
    With 1.2km draw distance a lot of times you are already inside an enemy base without noticing and you will be slammed by turrets without even realize. 1.2 km is a joke, for spotting enemy bases/ enemy vehicles... 2048km2 planets and 1.2km render distance....reminds me PS1 games with those popups....

SergP likes this.
  5. Pantera

Pantera Moderator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Please PM me a example of this.

6. mR_kAt

mR_kAt Captain

Is it possible to allow a toggle on and off for the "hitpoint" bar for next patch. It is getting really irksome for me and makes it harder to aim at large groups of enemies (e.g. headshots). Plus... I just find the "bar" cheesy as this is a survival game not a MMORPG (unless that is an intentional move to make it more like a MMORPG).

It's also odd to see a bar floating above my own head as well that I can see. This is a feature that really doesn't add anything to the game that I can find... it only detracts from immersion (and your aim).

I'm not even sure if I should bother piles of .cfg files to update my server when I don't know if that bar will have the option to be toggled on or off in the future. If the answer is, "Sorry, not in the foreseeable future", then I'll just keep my server on an older version of the game and not update. Players on my server rather have the older build (currently) minus the HP bar than have new features like retractable turrets but have huge HP bar looming around every enemy/PvP opponent.

I'll assume a day will come where enough features (goodies) will come along that people will see the worth of sucking it up and just ignore the HP bar because the other newer features outweigh it. So far it doesn't seem to be enough.

This is also very reminiscent of the debacle with the camera shake a few patches ago... that was also a feature that needed to be able to be toggled on or off, or just plain removed as it really served little point in the game (and its negatives outweighed the positives for most players).

Last edited: Sep 6, 2018
    Philipp, Runeshadow and Sofianinho like this.
  7. paxxo1985

paxxo1985 Lieutenant

Pm sent

HWS EU SERVER (was also on 1/4 of players capacity without battles going on)
    Best spec server so far.

Poof you are dead : o )

Max specs pc + Fiber optic connection 20ms ping on server - game on ssd.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2018
  8. Dr. Baron von Evil Satan

Is the Tier 0 HV Prefab supposed to use Sathium? (curious as the T1&2 don't need it)

9. Pantera

Pantera Moderator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Will be changed soon.

10. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

I'm with @mR_kAt regarding the floating health bar, I'm really not a fan and it feels quite intrusive. It needs to be toggleable and, perhaps, scalable for those who want to keep it, but not have it quite so in your face.

Tier 0 HV shouldn't be using Sathium surely? I assume it's just made of Truss Blocks, no Hardened (or Combat) Steel blocks.

Edit: Cool, they're on it :) It's actually pretty cool to be able to build an HV so early and so cheaply. A few surface rocks and you're ready to go. It feels quite nimble at first, but I just popped a Constructor on mine and it can barely move, plus it won't hover level due to the weight :)

Scoob.

SacredGlade, Dietrich and Sofianinho like this.
  11. Jenniphurr

Jenniphurr Captain

Will we get options to use not retractable Turrets as well? Like for the SV's and HV's? Would be nice to have that option, rather than a different direction.

I.E. - I built my builds with the not retractable function in mind, but now they have done a 180* flip so I vote for having both options available to use.

Give multiple options, or make a checkbox setting in the device list. I'd be ok either way~ Thanks!

12. Gary Parkin

Gary Parkin Captain

Thanks guys for the update as always...
    Questions please...

Do I need to start a new game to see the new swamp planet?

If I start a new game will it be there or do I need to set up a universe myself?

13. TK85

TK85 Captain

As always a good update!

Certainly.

Or you can do as I did: I generated the new planet in SSG, and I added it to my current game by editing the Sectors.

14. wildboy

wildboy Commander

ion_storm, rainyday and Sofianinho like this.
  15. Gary Parkin

Gary Parkin Captain

Thanks anyway TK85.
    I'll start a new game. That program is for the most part broken. I screwed with that for 2 days and finally got a scenario. I keep getting argument out of range. It's a great idea that needs a lot of love. I can generate the solar system but never a planet. It just sits there running with a red error.
    Shame, it's a nice idea too.

TK85 likes this.
  16. CyberMech

CyberMech Ensign

Increase the limit of engineer turrets for HV from 2 to 4 as it was before.
    I have at once on several HV mining turret stands on both sides, left and right and plus still behind is a dismounting turret. (2 mining turets (left and right) + 1 dismounting turret (back)). I'm now sitting and thinking what to sacrifice so as not to spoil the design and not degrade the functionality :(
    gooogle translate.

17. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

Would you mind helping me out how to do that excatly?

You can PM me. Or maybe others are interested too?

spacefarmer and TK85 like this.
  18. FeeniX

FeeniX Ensign

To be realistic here i'd much rather prefer a swamp biome than a planet but i guess a planet is fine anyways like old classic empyrion style! :p

spacefarmer likes this.
  19. Needleship

Needleship Master of Custom Terrain

@Gary Parkin:
    - Is your planet template folder set up? You have to do this before the first generation. At the top screen edge, there is a folder symbol. Choose the (EGS)/Content/playfields -Folder.
    (Works best, if the SSG is in a standard EGS installation folder (no custom places for the EGS install) )

SSG manual:
    https://empyriononline.com/threads/alpha-8-solar-system-generator.38168/

- Which planet does the SSG try to create? (If the first planet loaded isn't working correctly, all the others won't generate.)
    If it is a custom planet, remove/rename that, so that a 'standard' template will be chosen automatically at SSG startup.
    Some playfields don't work well in size class 5 - E.g. MoonNascent, or this Swamp planet.

- In the planet generation screen, there is an arrow at the top edge. Press it, and it will show the whole error dialog. Hover with your mouse over the red line. It should display additional information.
    If you have edited .yamls, this info could give an indication of the bugged part.

20. geostar1024

geostar1024 Rear Admiral

Unless a suit power system is imminent, I don't understand the logic here. All this will do is promote abuse of the survival tool while simultaneous failing to prepare players for any future suit power system. I was under the impression that pretty much everyone had adjusted to the fact that the survival tool drained stamina and that it wasn't a big issue anymore; is that not the case?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.