Alpha 8.7.1: Back to Unity 2017

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by EleonGameStudios, Oct 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Furious Hellfire

Furious Hellfire Rear Admiral

you win some
    you lose some
    but you live !
    you live to code another day !

binhthuy71, TK85 and Hummel-o-War like this.
  2. jadefalcon

jadefalcon Captain

Still seeing some terrain bugs on this release:

upload_2018-11-1_22-15-19.png

Fairly consistent as well.
    I go mine about 8 Km from my base and on return this is usually present.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2018
  3. geostar1024

geostar1024 Rear Admiral

The better part of coding is discretion :p.

binhthuy71 likes this.
  4. mR_kAt

mR_kAt Captain

A wise choice. It's better to swash the existing bugs and focus on the foundational problem of the game than trying to tackle a new engine while all of those issues from older builds are still in place.

::thumbs up::

Sofianinho and binhthuy71 like this.
  5. agal59

agal59 Lieutenant

I see stuff like this also. In addition I'll flatten out a patch of terrain. I'll leave the area. As I approach on my return the terrain is back but, when I get real close (about 20 meters) the terrain disappears and the patch is flat again.

6. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Many of us have the same issue with those Terrain-Glitches. When you fly with an SV or CV about 50m above Ground you can actually see how the game "writes" over the existing Terrain and raises it a few meters. That leads to steps in Terrain like @jadefalcon or some sort of temporary re-occupying of the flattened Terrain in your case.

Cluascorp likes this.
  7. FRAGaLOT

FRAGaLOT Captain

Honestly if you worked on DSL AFTER you upgraded to Unity 2018 you might be better off as DSL is a complete trash, and a waste of time. It causes more problems than it does improving FPS. #DropDSL

Plus there's Unity 2019 that looks super promising, and the demos show how you can have thousands of moving entities and huge enviroments and still be able to smoothly move around in a flying ship. Check it out here:

Last edited: Nov 3, 2018
  8. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

Wow ! Impressive ! Looks like some kind of " Blade Runner " mega-city. Nice.

This is clearly exaggerating what @FRAGaLOT wrote, and unfair to him as such. I clearly understand his stance on DSL and did not see him " bashing " on the whole game as "complete trash ". Did you ?

I like speculation, but not when it's used in attempts to silence other members of this community. "Maybe" (speculating like you) Eleon couldn't care less about some people's comments around here, and "maybe" it has been like this for much longer than the time you have been on these forums. "Maybe" you could read some of the zillion threads in the archives and see by yourself how "bad comments" did not make Eleon flinch by a millimeter along all those years.

We live in a fast paced world and hundreds of games are getting out each year. Anyone can see that all developers do not follow the same standards and "maybe" do not have the same understanding of "game development". I suggest to you that if the Early Access rules were to be different, we would not see people daydreaming on game forums while totally ignorant of what the developers have planned.

9. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

Eleon wouldn't put labor into porting to Unity 2018 if it didn't offer significant improvements where EGS needs them. The ports have been more successful each time and if it can be done then it will be - just after 9.
    The Unity 2019 demo was impressive for sure. I'd like to know what kind of hardware was used though.

michaelhartman89 likes this.
  10. geostar1024

geostar1024 Rear Admiral

Are all of those objects made of editable voxels or are they single meshes?

binhthuy71 likes this.
  11. Izz001

Izz001 Ensign

Devs i beg you please sort out coop issues. I cant play anymore with my miss because theres always some problems- errors with empyriondedicated.exe, infinite loading or just error ssaying smthg about server info. This problems occurs now with every release. Before i was able to play straight away or after fiddling with settings now half day spend on this and nada, irritating.

12. Pantera

Pantera Moderator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Coop is working fine for me when trying new or old save games on 2 separate PC's & different characters are able to join with no issue.
    Can you instead use the bugs section here https://empyriononline.com/threads/...lay-read-introduction-before-reporting.45730/

& answer there how you are launching the game (through steams game library or a desktop shortcut), what your windows User Account Control is set to (Windows UAC) & have you tried launching with any anti virus you have installed completely disabled.

Also include the client log, Client_AsPf log & Dedicated log from the logs folder here
    Steam\steamapps\common\Empyrion - Galactic Survival\Logs

Open the folder named by the highest number in the logs folder & right click on the client log, Client_AsPf log & Dedicated log from when this happened & place your mouse cursor over 'Send to' create a compressed copy of it then drag & drop a copy in your reply box to the link above.
    Thanks.

13. ASTIC

ASTIC Captain

Note: At regular intervals so also recently. The EmpyrionDedicated.exe is detected by virus scanners, e.g. WindowsDefender as "virus" and was deleted :-(

Here you should exclude the whole empyrion dictionary or Eleon should think about another form of "code obfuscation" that does not always call the virus scanner on false alarm.

Keith Hovey likes this.
  14. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

You're right. Several different VS seem to jump when scanning those Files

15. Pantera

Pantera Moderator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    I'm not seeing this on any of my PC's with any anti virus in B1905.

16. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    Related to the Windows UAC: Did you check if the EmpyrionDedicated.exe / Coop Server process is active?
    Just noting this as sometimes the loadup of the Coop Server is blocked by Windows User Admin Control (as Pantera indicated already)

Questio 2: are the error messages "Windows" error messages or are they "ingame" messages? (Maybe make a screenshot)

17. ASTIC

ASTIC Captain

• Windows Defener
    • 10% of the scanner from virustotal.com agree this ;-)

DefenderMessage.png

18. krazzykid2006

krazzykid2006 Captain

B1905 came out on 10/31, you are posting results from 10/28 which is from before B1905.

If you are still seeing this in B1905 then please post more current results.

19. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

I just let the Defender check the EGS-Folder: Nothing found! (Running Win 8.1)

20. Pantera

Pantera Moderator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Date 28/10/2018 would have been B1899 or B1902 before going back to unity 2017.

Does this happen as of 04/11/2018 in B1905 on your end ?

Again I do not get any warnings or anything quarantined from windows defender.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.