Alpha 8.7.1: Back to Unity 2017

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by EleonGameStudios, Oct 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ASTIC

ASTIC Commander

Nein, die "aktuelle" Signatur lässt diese Datei gerade mal wieder in Ruhe. Da sich die Signaturen aber schnell ändern kann das in der nächsten schon wieder anders aussehen und wenn die Datei erstmal gelöscht ist fügt Steam die ja nur bei einer Änderung oder Reparatur wieder hinzu.
    Daher habe ich die Verzeichnisse mittlerweile (lokal und auf dem Server) in die Whitelist eingetragen.

2. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

I know you Staff Members, Moderators and Developers must get tired of such postings but the "Terrain-shifting"started also on my-Built 1905 - Game in full. Pics taken on approach to my Base. Vehicle standing still. Terrain shifts massively, best to be seen by the small pond behind my Base: Forbidden_2018-11-06_10-58-31.png Forbidden_2018-11-06_10-58-36.png

Is there nothing that can be done to stop this? While standing still it is only a slight annoyance but when driving overland and you run into non-visible or non existent Obstacles you have a real hard time to enjoy such a ride, besides of lifting your HV 15-20m from the Ground and start to "fly".

3. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

It looks like it's using the distant LoD for the terrain mesh despite you being quite close. This is different to the earlier terrain shifting issue which happened (to me at least) after loading a save. The terrain regularly raised up - but was rendered with the appropriate LoD - often burying vehicles parked on the ground. I think that issue was fixed though, as I've not experienced it for a while.

Do you find that a save / reload fixes this, if only temporarily, for you?

Scoob.

4. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

It happened about 1 hour after start playing. Normally it "solves" the problem for some time if I restart the game.
    When moving back to my Base from a mining tour I noticed Floating Cactus in the distance and started to watch out for unusual steps in the ground. Than i saw my Base and caught the Terrain Shift in the second before it vanished. The shift actually moved me a meter backwards and lowered my position as can be seen by the view of the tower in the distance.

5. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

So....any news from the A9 front? :p

Germanicus likes this.
  6. mR_kAt

mR_kAt Captain

There is a problem with fauna "sinking" into the ground after you harvest them a repeated number of times. Eventually, they become so deep you can't harvest them at all anymore. This can be a huge problem on servers for people who repeat harvest early in game because biomes are so spread apart.

The problem is present in Single Player as well. Reloading the game doesn't fix the issue.

7. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Yes, I see this issue since... what? 7.6 I believe. Big plants is real no issue if the start to "sink" but the smaller ones like the vegetable or the former Aloe Vera...

8. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Yep, very silent..hopefully a good sign;)

Maverick241 likes this.
  9. malrose1

malrose1 Commander

A9 teaser trailer is wrongly worded... it should read "Torture Trailer" :)

Maverick241 likes this.
  10. Liang

Liang Commander

Any word on a return patch to Unity 2018? The game performed so much better with it that i stopped playing after reverting back to Unity 2017...would love to be able to patch back to 8.7.0 until its fixed.

11. krazzykid2006

krazzykid2006 Captain

Yes, from the Back to Unity 2017 update,

"We decided to do this step to be able to entirely focus on the upcoming Alpha 9 release and not be distracted by hunting these internal Unity 2018 bugs.
    Be assured that we will revisit the Unity 2018 upgrade after the Alpha 9 release."

So as they said, after the Alpha 9 release.

12. Liang

Liang Commander

Crap, did not see that...thanks. Guess I will have a long wait before playing again.

13. altcon_z

altcon_z Ensign

I had better performance with Unity 2018 also.

FRAGaLOT and KuulKuum like this.
  14. Thivik

Thivik Commander

There used to be a forum post from like nov 7th, with an 8.7.1 (version?) update, but I no longer see that... am I drunk, or did it just get deleted for some reason?

15. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Thivik likes this.
  16. Thivik

Thivik Commander

Yep, that was it, somehow I guess my default forum got changed... Anyone have any news on A9?

17. FRAGaLOT

FRAGaLOT Captain

Why are some Empyrion servers having issues with extremely slow login times (over 5 minutes), and why does it never just timeout the login attempt after 5 minutes? There’s no way to abort a login once it’s past “Planerts…%” there’s no quit button. I have to use task manager to force quit the game.

Once you’re online there’s problems transitioning playfields. Going into orbit seems okay but landing on a planet or moon just makes you bounce off the surface. Also warping doesn't take you anywhere, but the pentaxid is consumed anyway. If you're online I often get intermittent error messages saying I've been disconnected from the server, but it lasts a split second and I'm still online. Am I alone in this? What is wrong with some of these servers?

18. FRAGaLOT

FRAGaLOT Captain

DSL hasn't been around for that long, but IDK how long they had been working on it prior to it's release. The concept is a good idea but not anything new, but regardless it's causing more problems than it's solving.

19. FRAGaLOT

FRAGaLOT Captain

Well excuse me for hurting anyone's feelings. You can spend your whole life working on something and it can still be a failure. If it doesn't work, it doesn't matter; move on to something else that CAN work. Not everything you pour your life into will work out, and trying to keep doing it will drive you insane.

20. FRAGaLOT

FRAGaLOT Captain

What about my faith to them as a paying customer for their game? To hell with me and my opinions that hurt your precious feelings.. Boo hoo! Stop trying to guilt me about what I've said, since now you're just personally arguing with me, and not the topic at hand. That isn't how you win an argument, that's a politically correct way of telling me to shut up. well.. not gonna happen.

Just because I have a problem with ONE issue of the game isn't going to harm Eleon, if it does then they need to seek help and get over it. I still play the game, I still support the game, but a SANE person cannot like EVERYTHING about it. Sometimes things NEED to be pointed out, despite one's feelings; as I'm not responsible for someone knee jerk emotional reactions for words I might say. Feelings mean nothing if it makes the game worse and worse over time. Get out of your rut, and make Empyrion Great Again. :3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.