Alpha 9.0 - Hotfix Releases - Part III

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by EleonGameStudios, Dec 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EleonGameStudios

EleonGameStudios Developer
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Update: December 29, 2018 (Build 2099)

Bug Fixes:
    - Fixed: Exception when adding a input to a Furnace with Instant craft speed
    - Fixed: Deconstructor with Instant craft speed destroys items
    - Fixed: Offline Protection Shield doesn't do damage (MP)
    - Fixed: Reputation drop for StructStayInTerritory does trigger each 3 seconds instead of each 5 minutes realtime
    - Fixed: Exploit with inventory duplication when sat in a vessel
    - Fixed: Not using MapMarker: Neutral for faction-owned POIs anymore
    - Fixed: Not all POIs were correctly attributed to factions on Moon Nascent playfield

========

Update: December 25, 2018 (Build 2097)

Bug Fixes:
    - Fixed: Reputation system not working correctly in MP (more improvements)
    - Fixed: Container under the password give access to all containers via logistic
    - Fixed: Lock/Unlock signal logic does not work anymore
    - Fixed: Possible to shoot Weapons in virtual toolbar when seated in cockpit (another fix)
    - Fixed: Problem when using Control Panel to fill ammo from a connected toolbar to ammo containers
    - Fixed: Cargo boxes BA\CV become SV\HV cargo boxes after retrieve it
    - Fixed: Retrieving CargoContainerSmall/CargoContainerMedium with multitool did not give back any block
    - Fixed: Player toolbar has wrong color when opening player window ('TAB') with connected toolbar active (another fix)
    - Fixed: When switching to connected toolbar while in cockpit toolbar was read-only

Changes:
    - When entering a cockpit with the connected toolbar active the vessel toolbar is displayed
    - Issue with HUD colors with POI's using the core 'NPC Core (Admin)'

========

Update: December 23, 2018 (Build 2092)

Bug Fixes:
    - Fixed: Player turrets on vessel are not shooting or tracking enemy players or vessels
    - Fixed: Reputation system not working correctly in MP
    - Fixed: Steal O2/fuel with logistic
    - Fixed: Internal exception

Changes:
    - Re-balanced loot: Epic Drill and Epic Armor is now harder to find
    - Removed Epic Loot from Troop Transport

========

Update: December 22, 2018 (Build 2088)

Changes:
    - Re-added coloring system for HUD colors to distinguish enemy players
    - Console command 'faction' now also supports npc factions (like Zirax) and "Public" and "NoF"
    - Deep Forest biome is now less deep

Bug Fixes:
    - Fixed: Using DROP in Player Inventory with certain container blocks does not drop a box
    - Fixed: AI and enemy turrets do not shoot at public vessels
    - Fixed: Planet size not selectable on custom scenario.

========

Hi Galactic Survivalists,

We just released another hotfix for Alpha 9.

Please continue to report bugs here: https://empyriononline.com/threads/...play-read-introduction-before-reporting.46805

Thanks for your help!

Changelog: Alpha 9.0.3 (Build 2086)

Changes:

- Added tooltip infos to give hints for the connected container concept
    - Updated Talon POIs with new tribal deco: Thanks to Vermillion
    - Color PDA description text to white by default for better readability.
    - Public faction do not power per default any more, use property InitialPower in yaml.
    - Updated PDA Robinson Protocol with Preview Pics
    - Block CoreNPC will now always force "no fuel" and "no oxygen" consumption in structures where it is put
    - RipperDog is now a bit smaller
    - MoneyCard is set to volume = 0, mass = 0

Bug Fixes:
    - Fixed: Alien (Aln) Faction Turrets do not shoot at players in MP
    - Fixed: SHIFT-Clicking items to pilot toolbar will make them get lost
    - Fixed: AI and enemy turrets did not shoot at public vessels
    - Fixed: When accessing a container with 'F' the left side Player Inventory dropdown list has the container as well
    - Fixed: SSOR deposits does not work in MP anymore
    - Fixed: Zirax ripper dog npc floats when the player approaches them.
    - Fixed: Using ESC in the 4-Way Mode Screen (Survival, Freedom, Creative, Scenario) leads to un-escapable blank screen
    - Fixed: Vessels in Creative mode were powered and hovering in air
    - Fixed: Tribal Table1 and Table2 were not visible
    - Fixed: Some colliders and other adjustments for TribalDeco
    - Fixed: Invisible Deco
    - Fixed: Aim-down sight aiming with Laser Pistol
    - Fixed: Problem behind warning in logs "Player with id X faction inconsistency: ..."
    - Fixed: Signals on DerelictShip
    - Fixed: PDA exception

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
  2. xXDeathXx

xXDeathXx Commander

What about the problems with the EAH Tool causing major lag and not function right ?

3. Pataras

Pataras Ensign

I have a question regarding harvesting food as soon as you harvest it it comes like directly rotten in your inventory

4. jesterjunk

jesterjunk Commander

When will we be able to apply textures to the Container Extension blocks?

geostar1024 and Runeshadow like this.
  5. ASTIC

ASTIC Commander

6. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    Possibly soon - possibly anytime in the next 1-2 weeks. Not set yet, but definitvely will be added.

7. catalina

catalina Commander

ELeon please please please please please ....don't be like keen software house

Marty likes this.
  8. altcon_z

altcon_z Ensign

Anyone else unable to launch the game since this build release ? Had no issues will A9 experimental or with A9 stable, hotfix 1 & 2 were fine. Hotfix 3 will not launch through steam. Uninstall and Reinstall has not helped.

9. altcon_z

altcon_z Ensign

Fixed. Launches through the Installation Folder, just not through Steam.

Grandirus likes this.
  10. rebuilthk47

rebuilthk47 Lieutenant

Has anyone else had an issue with placing a retractable turret (so far only happens with cannon and personnel) to a base made of wood blocks? I play SP (MP server is down). When I do that, the retractable turret places for a split second, then disappears. There hasn't been anything consistent with causing this, other than it happens, and then it suddenly stops. I have to activate the item menu, grab several stacks, then keep placing until it stops disappearing. I'm not playing any scenario, or Akua/Omicron.

Again, what I want to know, is if anyone else has experienced this.

Another thing, that I doubt posting my game files will help with unless it records computer hardware usage, is that my frame rate drops when looking at a POI. I never had that before A9.

11. Daveroski

Daveroski Lieutenant

As I STILL don't have the privileges to be able to post in Bug Reports ...
    Since 9.0 When I place a solar panel Often the panel is removed from inventory but not placed.
    Even using the multitool to remove one and then replacing it in the same place can result in this bug.

None of the patches so far have touched it.

12. tallon1967

tallon1967 Ensign

And who's bright idea was it to make the backpack unaccessable while in the food processor or constructor? not functioning drop-down, no configure icon on the input and output boxes and a locked padlock, really!

13. Max 3

Max 3 Ensign

I´ve posted a few days ago a bug report in Terms of not working Player turrets in PvP. Why was the bug not fixed yet? It is impossible to build in a PVP area because anyone with explosives can gain access to the base. While the turrets do Nothing.

14. rebuilthk47

rebuilthk47 Lieutenant

But... the constructor/food processor pulls from and puts into a cargo box/fridge. So you access the cargo box/fridge used for the constructor/food processor. The dropdown menus do work as you choose what box/fridge to pull from and put into. You can still access your backpack via the default key.

I do find it a bit odd that accessing the output box/fridge (dunno about the input one) halts the constructor/processor.

15. tallon1967

tallon1967 Ensign

One of the starter missions involves cooking food but nowhere does it state, you must build a fridge first, same with a constructor, the backpack has become almost pointless. It should be, your backpack first and foremost unless you change it. That way, if you raid a base or come across a trade area before you have started making your own base, you can at least cook food b4 dying of hunger. Seems like a stupid move to disable the backpack for the simple tasks. As far as the default key, yes but as soon as you access a constructor or food processor, it becomes unaccessible.

16. IronCartographer

We've been discussing this problem. I have a possible solution here: https://empyriononline.com/threads/...r-modular-containers.46783/page-9#post-286426

It's because Empyrion doesn't have nonblocking parallel access to UIs and inventories.

Same idea as multiplayer lockout of the control panel when someone else is using it.

Really needs to be fixed at this point, for several reasons.

Spirit_OK and mR_kAt like this.
  17. dbeachy1

dbeachy1 Ensign

Since Alpha 9 dropped, the vehicle (and base) lights key no longer works: I have to toggle the lights via the GUI. Anyone else seeing this? Not a huge issue, but makes it a pain when I'm driving a vehicle and need to turn my lights on or off.

Loving Alpha 9 overall, though! The factions are lots of fun. :)

Andipro likes this.
  18. tallon1967

tallon1967 Ensign

IronCartographer likes this.
  19. rebuilthk47

rebuilthk47 Lieutenant

If the mission isn't saying that, then the instructions need to be fixed. If you have no mobile fridge or a base you should use your survival constructor which has it's own inventory. That's what it's there for. Same with the suit constructor. It's designed to take stuff out of your inventory directly.

I've never had an issue with the personal inventory being inaccessible at any time. I have only played SP, so that could be a MP thing.

Yes. Have the light keybind not working issue here too.

I also feel the same about A9. I'm loving it. The territories are really making it more fun. Making folks hostile due to looting has really made me focus more on survival and exploration rather than just looting and having it all there. I hope it goes further so that even the natives will find and attack the player's base if the rep is low enough.

dbeachy1 likes this.
  20. IronCartographer

It's a "Getting used to all I/O going through boxes rather than the active devices" thing. For some people it's intuitive and clearly shows the efficiency in the long run. Other people have more...immediate concerns. Both can be addressed, but the solution may involve some technical hurdles in the game engine's item management system.

mR_kAt likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.