Alpha 9.0 - Hotfix Releases - Part III

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by EleonGameStudios, Dec 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Track Driver

Track Driver Captain

I thought it did, but I was wrong!
    Apparently, Lights in the Control Options list, is a new code for LOGISTICS NETWORK. There doesn't appear to be a key to work the kights anymore.

As things are fixed, other things get broken, It's a vicious circle with no immediate remedy.

sorry for the misinfoemation. It seemed like it worked at the time but not now, I'm afraid,

Anyway, Happy New Year!

stanley bourdon likes this.
  2. rebuilthk47

rebuilthk47 Lieutenant

I too am experiencing the freezing issue. Since A7 it's only been when I travel every few meters using HV/SV on planet. Now it's that and after a while when simply walking a few steps (really frustrating when in combat inside a base).

3. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Things do appear to degrade over time. However, travelling at speed in an HV or, especially, an HV is sure to trigger it.

I do wonder what's going on in the game engine to cause this. It doesn't appear to be the loading / streaming of the landscape, as drive access and the mini-freezes don't coincide. Plus, I tested running from a RAMDrive which had zero impact. Between the mini-freezes, the game plays flawlessly, plus CPU/GPU load dips of course, when the freeze occurs, suggesting it's not a hardware limitation.

Scoob.

4. dbeachy1

dbeachy1 Ensign

It's likely C#'s garbage collection doing a "full pass", where the entire memory heap gets locked for a short time. Hopefully the devs can minimize that, though.

5. IronCartographer

I haven't seen any issues client-side, but entire MP servers are freezing, crashing, and burning... =/

Co-op has had the "App not running" / disconnect issue too. It happened right after I used
    Code:
    sector '<an asteroid field name>'
    but ... not reproducibly, even after re-creating the server from scratch with the same seed.

6. rebuilthk47

rebuilthk47 Lieutenant

I've noticed the same thing. When moving, the freezing isn't consistent with how far one has traveled. It also doesn't seem to take place at specific time intervals because it doesn't happen when standing still. I know full well that my PC can handle the graphics, and I have a friend that has a PC with the latest hardware, and he has the same thing happen.

7. Thundershock_LT

Thundershock_LT Commander

Had those freezes too. I noticed when staying in one place for a while the fauna starts spawning in, and then the freezes seem to stop. So maybe that's where they should be looking into.

8. Thundershock_LT

On a side note.
    The hitboxes of the scorpion creatures seem broken. They seem only to be taken damage to the face... very frustrating fighting them in a wide corridor with them strafing from one side to the other while closing in. Not even a shotgun seems to be doing much damage.

9. Thundershock_LT

Power drain is shown for container controller box, but not for container expansion. On the other hand, shown or not, the current storage system drains power like crazy. A large storage capacity for a base quickly drains more than a solar array can supply.

Personally I look at the new storage system like it's an automated storage hall. Where the controller is the automated lift and thus is consuming power without adding storage space (or maybe less than the expansions). And the expansions are just additional storage 'racks', not consuming power, just increasing the usable volume.

If I'm busting in an open door here, then sorry. Just seems like the way to go.

Germanicus likes this.
  10. vscuorzo

vscuorzo Commander

I assume the power draw of objects that you wouldn't expect to be using any power is there to make it a bit harder to expand your capabilities despite the fact that it's not very realistic. I view these things in the same way as you but I don't think they'll change it without some other limiting factor being added in its place.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.