Alpha 9.0 - Hotfix Releases

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by EleonGameStudios, Dec 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EleonGameStudios

EleonGameStudios Developer
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Hi Galactic Survivalists,

Thanks so much for your feedback and bug reports. We are working very hard to polish Alpha 9 and to squeeze all remaining bugs.

We already released some hotfixes since our major Alpha 9 update. We will continue to update this thread as we release new hotfixes - so please keep an eye on this thread.

Please continue to report bugs here: https://empyriononline.com/threads/...play-read-introduction-before-reporting.46805

HOTFIX RELEASES:

Hotfix: December 19, 2018 (Alpha 9.0.1 - Build 2082)

Bug Fixes:
    - Fixed: Logistic Exploit: possible to circumvent code-locked containers
    - Fixed: When retrieving old cargo boxes with multitool, deco blocks were returned
    - Fixed: Trap doors now working anymore
    - Fixed: 'F' button does not close all device windows anymore after opening it with F
    - Fixed: PDA mission system does not spawn Drones as defined
    - Fixed: Backpack / Escape Pod had no HUD object anymore
    - Fixed: [MP] Players can be kicked when withdrawing fuel from a tank
    - Fixed: HUD/map issues with Guided PDA Tasks.
    - Fixed: Exception during login when a reputation update receives the client
    - Fixed: AutoBrake (Button I ) does not work in space anymore
    - Fixed: Several internal exceptions
    - Fixed: Overlapping of volume/weight info for Backpack and DropContainer
    - Fixed: Exception spam from Furnace (or other constructor related devices)
    - Fixed: "Minefield" task in "UCH Story Chapter II - Ancient Revelations" was not correctly working
    - Fixed: PDA Minefield task
    - Fixed: Mechanoids stuck a doors
    - Possible fix for System.Exception: Invalid read container size
    - Fixed: Several internal exceptions

Changes:
    - Robinson Protocol: Added own first chapter (Basic Survival) for Arid starter planet
    - Updated text in Main Menu to make clearer how to start a coop server: instead of MULTIPLAYER > JOIN A GAME, instead of NEW GAME > NEW GAME (Single/Coop)
    - Changed message 'Skipping double player with id...' to 'Player with id 1234 faction inconsistency:...' to occur only when it is a real problem
    - Doors can now be closed without having to enter the lock code (behavior should now be as in A8)
    - Added new tribal deco models for Talon POIs
    - Tweaked torch and firepit deco (blocks now increase light count on BP, added flare, better particle effect)

======

Hotfix: December 18, 2018 (Build 2077)

Bug Fixes:
    - Fixed: Problem that sometimes wrong billboard of deco object was shown and when approaching deco object, it changed to another model
    - Fixed: Sporadic exception when flying over terrain for a longer time
    - Fixed: [MP] Deconstructor Dupe
    - Fixed: Items in connected toolbar lost when connected container is destroyed
    - Fixed: PDA check "InventoryContains" does not work when picking via Logistic Menu
    - Fixed: Dedicated server game scenario supplying custom solarsystemconfig.yaml using default content instead
    - Fixed: Reputation was awarded outside territory even if not hostile
    - Fixed: [MP] Issue with switching the input of a constructor
    - Fixed: [MP] Output container can not be set to be the same as input
    - Fixed: PDA chapter line hides arrow when HideTasks is false but still has player or rep restriction.
    - Fixed: Wrong image shows for Creative new game window for a split second first time it's opened.
    - Fixed: Troops transport - animation bug in MP
    - Fixed: Faction warfare configuration reload bug

========

Hotfix: December 17, 2018 (Build 2076)
    - Fixed: Problem when leaving starter planet

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
    Isenrul, AlbaN, Robot Shark and 6 others like this.
  2. IronCartographer

Edit2: Fixed, see above. :)
    Edit: Known issue, fix planned!

Please allow "F" to toggle-close the Logistics menu again after opening it with the same key aimed at a box; many people will be very happy to stop reaching for Esc (or F4) so much. ;)

Man, that sounds so lazy, but across the entire playerbase it really does make a big difference... :p

3. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Squeeze IN or OUT?;)o_O:D

Just asking because I had CoQ when trying to sleep on a Bunk Bed...:oops:

4. SacredGlade

SacredGlade Commander

You are sooo right, this is such a constantly repeated task, that not being able to press the f key to close the window causes a major annoyance!

Runeshadow likes this.
  5. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

Agree. I've asked multiple times "if a key opens something, that same key should close it!" ... its just... intuitive.

Runeshadow likes this.
  6. IronCartographer

Good point, it's not just the Logistics screen, it's any UI that opens from interacting with a device! There is the danger that repeatedly hitting F will cause a UI to open and then close again (multiplayer lag), but in general it should be worth it.

Edit: It's been mentioned as a known issue (not a feature request, but an actual acknowledged regression!). Sorry for not seeing it Hummel! :oops:
    Thanks to /u/nameor on reddit for pointing that out after calling attention to the issue itself -- https://www.reddit.com/r/empyriongame/comments/a72x91/alpha_9_is_out/ec1szkj/?context=3

At least this helped show the desire for the fix! Simple things can make a huge difference. :)

Last edited: Dec 18, 2018
  7. mouflon77

mouflon77 Ensign

a little issue we have encountered is that the updated hotfix 9.0.1 seems to be updating from steamcmd but the server when we put it on says 9.0.0 preventing people from connecting to it? anyone else encountered this?

8. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

A9.0.0 is the Stable Version/non Beta while A9.0.1(2) are the EXPERIMENTAL Versions. Now it depends on what you are running on the server

9. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Thought: If we can now teleport items to remote inventories via the new "WiFi" feature, will we ever gain the ability to remotely access our Constructors using the same technology?

I'm currently digging out my first Base, with my HV parked on the surface. I'm able to teleport Crushed Stone to my Constructors Input container, but I cannot order it to build more blocks...

As an aside, being able to add a build queue that isn't cancelled if any of the required resources runs out might be interesting. I.e. queue up 1,000 Concrete Blocks, which just pauses when it runs out of Crushed Stone, resuming when you top up the Input container.

Would be useful to me currently! :)

Scoob.

IronCartographer and Spirit_OK like this.
  10. <Yaris>

<Yaris> Ensign

Наконец, исправьте невидимые деревья и препятствия. Надоело спотыкаться над ними. Это больше раздражает, чем POI, застрявший в дверях.

И зачем ставить так много тяговых двигателей? Почему бы просто не сделать обратный ход? Даже в самолете есть задний ход, и он способен тормозить воздух. А как тут космические технологии? Давайте возьмем ресурсы с топором, зачем мультитул?

11. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    Both is already added to the suggestion list :)

Andipro likes this.
  12. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    /deleted OT posts.

13. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Good stuff. Wifi is increasing my laziness... :)

Scoob.

14. xmacleod

xmacleod Ensign

You can order it to build remotely (unless this changed in A9; I admittedly haven't tried this yet in 9), it's just a bit of a cumbersome process.
    1. Open control panel <P>
    2. Go to Device tab
    3. Select the Constructor
    4. Click Access button in the top right

I used to use that all the time in A7 and A8 while flying my CV. But definitely +1 for tying that into Logistics or similar for easier access!

EDIT: I just realized you can't do that from a remote vessel, which is very likely what Scoob meant! I still haven't fully adjusted my brain the logistics' potential.

15. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Yep, that's what I meant - but thanks for trying to help out :)

Scoob.

16. Spirit_OK

Spirit_OK Captain

Товарищ, тут зарубежный форум, они по-русски не понимают и не обязаны, в общем-то. Хотя бы через гугл-переводчик пропусти.

Sorry for my compatriot, that would be "Can you please fix invisible obstacles, they are becoming a nuisance and irritate me even more then mobs who get stuck in the doors. And why there are so many thrusters? Can we have a reverse thrust on them? Even an airplane has reverse thrust and air brakes. [something about space tech] Let's use an axe to get wood, multitool is excessive here".

17. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    Fix for the invisible trees is in the works :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.