Alpha 9.0: Out Now!

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by EleonGameStudios, Dec 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zztong

zztong Rear Admiral

I am also surprised. There must be some updates in this release that I haven't yet seen. I can roll with it as a Single Player with no qualms about using "gm" and "itemmode" to work around issues. If I were running a server I could see locking out the update for now to let the UI bake longer.

2. rebuilthk47

rebuilthk47 Lieutenant

HOLY CRAP!!! I was not expecting it so soon! THIS I S AWESOME!!! I CAN HARDLY CONTAIN MY EXCITEMENT!! LOOK AT ME! I'M PRACTICALLY GIDDY!!!!

3. Thundercraft

Thundercraft Captain

While I am extremely grateful that we can place CEU's (Cargo Expansion Units) in a variety of different shapes, I find it a bit frustrating that we are unable to place them in certain shapes. And it's not like we are unable to place them in shapes that are small (like "Cube Half" or smaller), because we certainly can. But the selection of shapes is less than half of what is available for placing regular blocks.

In particular, I wanted to place a bunch of CEU's in the "Ramp Top Double" shape, which is basically a full Cube with one corner slightly shaved off. I was surprised that this shape was unavailable, considering the other shapes that were, including some that are similar or that would fit this shape nicely.

Edit: While I can sort-of understand why players are not allowed to re-texture CEU's, what I can not understand is why we are not allowed to apply Symbols to CEU's. What harm could there be in apply letters or symbols to them? Or is this just a temporary limitation due to Modular Containers being an experimental feature still undergoing testing?

Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
    DesertRat likes this.
  4. Quarior

Quarior Lieutenant

Nice update. Just a question : What is cruiser mode ?

5. FUE DENIS

FUE DENIS Commander

Une grosse connerie votre gestion des stocks avec limitation?? tous les gars ce barre des serveurs pvp "BRAVO ELEON GG"

Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
  6. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

I like that epic weapons are now only found as loot and T2 weapons require weapon kits. It gives more of a reason to investigate POIs or trade.

Keep in mind that with the current game balance, hand weapons are really only used either for self defense on foot in the very early game, or to raid enemy POIs. A T1 shotgun is more than enough to take out any pesky predators or even drones trying to eat you when you're just getting started.

This gives POIs more rewarding without making them a requirement. Keep in mind, the T2 drill or multitool does not require a weapon kit to craft, and once you have an HV or SV the local wildlife poses no threat that you'd need a T2 weapon for.

Honestly, when they made epic weapons craftable I was disappointed because I could just craft the end game best rifle by just selling two T2 drills and buying a weapon kit.

If anything, POIs need more unique but optional rewards for doing them.

However, I would absolutely love a new weapon mod system that gives more depth and meaningful upgrades to weapons so don't get me wrong.

robchatc35 and Frigidman like this.
  7. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Pressing shift-w (or shift+any movement key) will make your ship go forwards without having to hold down the key.

8. Quarior

Quarior Lieutenant

Ah OK :) Thanks.

9. geostar1024

geostar1024 Rear Admiral

They could always allow just a limited subset of textures. But I expect that we may get more customization options as the devs get more time to work on the smaller issues.

Thundercraft likes this.
  10. Jawatraders

Jawatraders Lieutenant

Yeah I was also a bit confused, I thought it was actually an in game photo at first. Definitely fantastic though, the colors just pop right off the screen

11. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

I think when they asked, and I vehemently said "no" to allowing texture changes... they took that to heart. But since they then went ahead and added shapes, and locked in one of the ugliest textures to those blocks... I vehemently say "allow it" now =p So, yall just blame me for it. The devs are great, they will fix them now that the see how wrong I was.

12. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    This. Customization is just not added yet.

13. SceptreX42

SceptreX42 Lieutenant

Wow, those raptors sure have gotten smart! A group jumped me on my first night and I climbed on top of the wreckage POI, where I thought I was safe. I'll be damned if one didn't climb up after me while the other two circled below. When I knocked it back down, another would climb up while the others circled. Fortunately I managed to survive the encounter despite having just the survival tool for defense.

Sofianinho, GenghisBob, TK85 and 6 others like this.
  14. Space Beagle

Space Beagle Captain

Damn you @Frigidman! You ruined Hanukkah & Christmas & Kwanzaa for eeeeveeerybody!
    What to do now with such a limited texture, until next hotfix :D

Frigidman likes this.
  15. KnowItAllDM

KnowItAllDM Commander

So, when updating a custom scenario to Alpha 9, I noticed that "SpawnNear" only works with if both POI are the same faction or one is "Faction:None", otherwise the one with the "SpawnNear" protocol fails to spawn.

Is this meant to occur?
    I'm attempting to spawn an Admin POI between 1K-2K from an Alien faction POI. It worked in Alpha 8, but not alpha 9.

16. Perry

Perry Ensign

Ok love a lot of what you guys did, a whole lot. I am never cynical about games, but I really hate and I will say hate is a very soft way of putting it the whole moving stuff around via network. I am not a Jedi nor a wizard. I tried to mention with the Exp 9 that I played with a group and they went in to raid the place and I took all the loot from all boxes and left the just to salvage, they were in my faction so they got what they needed. If they were not they would hate the game. Need a way to turn that off. Having constructors pull from boxes same feelings. I have a very well laid out warehouse system that will now add way more boxes just for constructors, your original plan was realistic. Now going to be a little nasty but will 10 make us all trust fund babies and Amazon will deliver everything to us? Don't take the survival and the struggle out of the game as you have already in some aspects. The network is awesome for inventory and finding boxes if you're not into organizational skills, moving or raiding. Making the game too easy will lose players. There are many die hearts like myself still playing. Sadly out of 120 friends in my company I am the last one playing and I know of 3 really good sized servers that heald high numbers that are gone, so are the players. Many complain it is too easy. Though some will disagree, anything that removes the work out of the game is going to be the end of the game. You guys have made a game I loved but you guys took the last of the survival aspect and made it too easy.

17. IronCartographer

The Alpha 9 plans originally included new attack wave mechanics and escalating threats. Those are likely to appear in a slightly later release (part II). Don't complain about current logistics (or future automation) making things easy...it's going to come in handy when things heat up and you need to manage the defenses rather than queuing up exactly the right amount of each type of ammo over and over.

With increased convenience comes increased capacity to rise to new challenges. I'm still hoping for a Patrol Vessel entering atmosphere over your BA after warping in to figure out what happened to the drone base on "your" starter planet... ;)

Sofianinho likes this.
  18. agentoscar

agentoscar Ensign

19. DesertRat

DesertRat Ensign

I
    Here, here! I humbly agree with all of the above... MY sole addition to this game-changing issue is while we all understand the "one-block" separation of CEUs and their attached storage containers, as long as no "stack" of storage containers do not contact another "stack", why not just make ALL F4 windows in ALL uses when labeling each container or item, SHOW that label in plain text ON THE CONTAINER or item! Sorry for yelling but this has been frustrating for a lot of us that trial different aspects of the game in both hard and RPG mode. Not to say that a player can choose to "fancy up" his builds by applying holo displays that require rares to construct...

Thundercraft likes this.
  20. DesertRat

DesertRat Ensign

Rather than edit my first thoughts on Thundecraft's post to "KISS" (keep it simple sweetheart, NOT stupid), see storage units as simple paths with open-close switches leading to capacitors along an unbroken "wire" that does not loop but dead ends, all should be good no matter the configuration of the containers. Oh, btw, in rl I worked for years with epoxies and carbon fiber and still do. I LOVE the look and leave some of that beautiful lightweight stuff raw!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.