Alpha 9.0: Out Now!

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by EleonGameStudios, Dec 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Liang

Liang Commander

Will we have the ability to edit "player" carry volume? Would like a slightly higher amount. Thinking 750ish. Just starting a new game and hit 500 before I even had a personal constructor built lol.

2. KnowItAllDM

KnowItAllDM Commander

My hope is that when they impliment/enforce the volume limit, they give us a way to increase it on a per-player basis, ie. Through leveling skills (say a "Carry/Weight" skill) or through technological upgrades (such as a sort of "backpack upgrade" system).

3. Liang

Liang Commander

While that would also be nice, I hope they do not "lock" anything out of being able to edit.

4. krazzykid2006

krazzykid2006 Captain

They could just give a multiplier option when starting a new game. That way the players that want realistic can do so and the players that want to carry an entire planet in their backpack can also do so.

5. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Has anyone else noticed Inventories not updating in real time?

Basically, I have a Constructor, taking raw materials from a container "Input" and popping it into a container called "Output". Simple stuff right. However, if I watch the Output container while this is happening, NOTHING gets put into it.

I.e. I know my Constructor is producing 10 Magnesium Powder every few seconds and placing it into "Output". I can see this quite clearly when in the Constructor's screen. However, sitting watching the Output container inventory, it's simply NOT updated.

I was just sat there, waiting to drag some Magnesium Powder to other inventories, but it never appeared. Only when I exited the "Output" container and went back into it did all the Magnesium Powder show up.

Scoob.

6. Andreykl

Andreykl Commander

> Added vessel deco parts
    More then half of those will work well even on bases (or especially at bases)

7. Ravis

Ravis Commander

I've noticed as well, they said a box can only be opened by one thing at a time this might be an effect of that.

8. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

That's interesting, because if I watch the Input container while I'm crafting Concrete Blocks, I see the Crushed Stone go down and Stone Dust appear, before being used.

Scoob.

9. Thundercraft

Thundercraft Captain

I don't think it makes sense to have volume upgrades based on leveling skills, even if one can eventually build up endurance and strength. Human beings (or even pack animals) will eventually end up with worn out knees or severe back problems if they regularly carry heavy loads - say, around 40 to 100 lbs (depending on the statistics cited and/or the person). These problems are seen often in certain types of employment, such as construction workers, who often carry heavy loads daily.

I think the main reason weight and volume constraints were added was to force players to think ahead - not grabbing ever resource in sight - and, also, to encourage them to build a vehicle early to get around and carry stuff. This adds to realism and game immersion. Also, it strongly encourages a logical progression.

While I am not fond of the idea of skill leveling to increase personal carry capacity, I am fond of (late game) technology upgrades that could increase the volume constraints of vehicles, as I mentioned in the Logistics, Virtual Toolbar, Modular Containers topic:

10. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    If you try to spawn different POI of different factions nearby, i think this will not work.

11. ProtectorX

ProtectorX Ensign

Hello GAME GODS!! Here's something to add to the ship's options! How about "Auto Piloting!!"
    To set a vector (Destination) and allow the ship to pilot itself there (on Cruse, perhaps?), while A player can get up from the chair to do other stuff around the ship! (Organize inventory, crafting, etc. Including "Taking a Nap" LOL!!)

Thundercraft likes this.
  12. Ravis

Ravis Commander

I have to admit I am enjoying the ai theroughly in the pois even if they tend to enjoy the elevator music to much some times.:p

Furious Hellfire likes this.
  13. Thundercraft

Thundercraft Captain

Actually, that could work for an SV or CV, esp. since there isn't much air traffic besides, maybe, a PV and the occasional drone. But this would definitely not work for an HV with all the trees, rocks and animals in the way.

Also, there would need to be a "proximity alert" and "combat alert" in case the ship gets too close to, say, a mountain or if a drone comes to attack.

14. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    Jep, thats one of the (future) next steps to have som sort of "Autopilot" :) (The Cruise Mode works already like this, but you need to take care where you going .. at least on a planet.)

15. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Captain

Does this also mean we'll be able to snail pace between planets instead of warping if we so choose in the future?

16. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    I am afraid no, as playfield still "limited" (although since A8 several times larger than in A7)

17. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

If you had answered with YES...I would have taken that to start building Interdictor Cruisers:D

Sofianinho and Sasquatch like this.
  18. Liang

Liang Commander

Where are the Digout and Flatten options?!? Is this only for "new" blueprints? Does this allow for us to create bases built below ground that will spawn "below" the surface at least partially?

Thundercraft likes this.
  19. Ranger_Ric

Ranger_Ric Lieutenant

Logistics.... confusing, annoying and tedious at best. Reputation and clans... couldn't care less. First glance, I don't see anything of value that I like in this update.

20. D00mnoodle

D00mnoodle Lieutenant

Um, does anyone know what this means? The blueprint (berserker) was perfectly fine before but i accidentaly overwrote it with another BP (goliath) After that i re-blueprinted the ship (berserker) with the same original ship (berserker) as it was before being accidentaly overwritten (with the goliath). The ship only has large (CV) walkways in it so i don't understand the problem here. I think this might be a bug. (I saw a bug that was supposedly fixed about walkways) so that might be it? Any help is appreciated

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.