Alpha 9.0: Out Now!

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by EleonGameStudios, Dec 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

I hate to say this but with A9 the Walkways have been changed ... You have now Walkways for SV/HV and CV/BA...
    I fear you have to go creative and remove/replace them

OOPS... didnt read your complete text, sorry

2. Trig

Trig Captain

I think they've split the Walkways and Railings block group into both small vessel and large vessel versions, and made them Illegal blocks when the wrong type is on the wrong vessel. In your case it looks like the the game decided to make the walkway/railings into up-scaled small vessel types, rather than large vessel variety. (also looks like you might have a case of sideways-monitor :p)

As far as fixing it, you'll probably have to manually replace each walkway/railing block with the version for CV/BA. This might be doable with the replaceblocks command, but I don't know if it will replace with the correct type and orientation.
    you could try:
    replaceblocks [id] WalkwaySmallBlocks WalkwayLargeBlocks

edit: also didn't read the last part, and was slower to respond (sry)
    still, the replaceblcoks command could be worth a try, not sure if it will work though

3. Ranger_Ric

Ranger_Ric Lieutenant

To be fair, I was right in the middle of a build so I haven't had time to play more than a couple hours. Mostly in creative right now so I haven't made it far enough to see the enemy AI improvements. If the clan/rep/gobbledegook improves the enemy AI, that's enough and all I care about regarding that whole new feature. Anything breathing was always an enemy as far as I was concerned, I can't imagine needing allies in sp. I've never made a buy/sell/trade in the game and managed to do just fine.

I was forced into a crash course in the new logistics/cargo stuff since I'm working on a cv and after a few more hours with it tonight, I still think it's overly complicated and awkward. As far as limitations, I don't care, I'm sure it can be changed in sp mode so if I don't like it, I'll edit it. I just don't like the interface or the aesthetics in game. I'm sorry, it's just butt ugly compared to the old cargo boxes in some applications.

There are some things I like. The new game interface/options are nice, the creative mode entry was a really cool touch. The new map stuff is also very nice. Love the idea of being able to only find epics in POIs, makes looting in the game more fun/purposeful. I know there will be people who hate that but I presume they can edit to make anything craftable if they want?

I'm sure there will be other things I find that I like as I get some time to actually play. I would have been happy just to get the block shapes we were missing and/or be able to move around in build menu mode...

4. D00mnoodle

D00mnoodle Lieutenant

Allright, but since it was a mistake on their part, do you think it would be better to wait untill they fix it? I don't need the blueprint anytime soon so i can wait :) or is this the kind of bug that has to be manually fixed? Whatever the case thanks for the replies so far. I've never had something go wrong with my BP's before and it really stressed me out lol

5. Thundercraft

Thundercraft Captain

I hope the devs realize that, because (a) Cargo Expansion Units require power and (b) vehicles and bases must have many, many times more cargo containers than before to hold a similar amount of items, vehicles and bases in Alpha 9 require many times more power then before.

It's not unusual for an HV, at least, to consume about 4 times or more power than they did previously after being redesigned for Alpha 9 to use Modular Containers (assuming they're designed to hold a decent amount of items). This means that such vehicles can only operate for about one fourth the duration (or less) on the same tank of fuel (unless more or larger fuel tanks are added).

There is a very simple solution that would alleviate this issue: Change Cargo Expansion Units so that they do not require any energy. As long as Container Control Units still require power, things should more-or-less balance out. The Container Control Unit is the actual device which the player interacts with and which is responsible for adding or removing items to and from the connected cargo space... isn't it?

IronCartographer and D00mnoodle like this.
  6. KnowItAllDM

KnowItAllDM Commander

Yeah, I'm trying to spawn a Admin POI near an Alien or Zirax POI, so the players have a beacon they can see through Fog of War (Admin POI), to know where the base was. But it no longer works.

7. KnowItAllDM

KnowItAllDM Commander

What I think should be done is make it so Alien and Admin factions (and any faction without territory) can spawn near other factions.

Thundercraft likes this.
  8. IronCartographer

Territory is created by a LandClaim device.

9. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    You can spawn POIs set to "Faction: None" and others nearby an Alien POI, but i think mixing them into other factions will not work at the moment. Will add the suggestion to our document :)

10. stanley bourdon

stanley bourdon Commander

I do not know where to put this so here goes.

It is possible to see all alien loot crates in a building you have cored through the F4 menus. Is this as intended? If so it is a bad feature! Also, I do not like the no core in crashed capitol vessels.

The new gameplay in EGS fuss endlessly with logistics and you will have plenty of time for that because you no longer need to search a poi for the hidden alien crate, no more trying to figure out where the core in that crashed ship is. Just plop your core to use the F4 menu to get all the goodies.

What is the gameplay goal?

Ranger_Ric likes this.
  11. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    Not intentional / bug / will be addressed

stanley bourdon likes this.
  12. stanley bourdon

stanley bourdon Commander

Not a bug but an issue.

The T key was bound to lights, it is now bound to switching from virtual toolbar to regular toolbar. Under options, controls, keyboard, lights, T is still listed as bound to lights. Binding a different key fails to control the lights.

Andipro likes this.
  13. krazzykid2006

krazzykid2006 Captain

To add to this, F4 is still listed as faction menu as well but it's now for the logistics screen. There is no keys that work for lights or for faction screen anymore.

Andipro and stanley bourdon like this.
  14. Ranger_Ric

Ranger_Ric Lieutenant

10 to 12 hours into a new game and my impression hasn't changed from the couple days I had logged in creative mode. If anything, it has worsened... significantly. Whoever came up with the idea of turning this game into mostly dicking around with pull down menus should be fired. I can do most of the management stuff the old way faster with about 10% of the mouse clicks and I can actually concentrate on enjoying what I'm doing in the game rather than feeling like I'm working on a messed up piece of software to do my taxes on.

I think I'm done with this game until somebody mods this insane garbage out completely.

elmo and SoCalExile like this.
  15. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    Please report in the bug thread so QA can take it from there. Thx!

stanley bourdon likes this.
  16. Andipro

Andipro Lieutenant

Same here! I've reported this in the apropriate Bug thread.

https://empyriononline.com/threads/...on-before-reporting.46805/page-11#post-286260

Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
  17. Moonsugar

Moonsugar Rear Admiral

Obviously you have not yet tried to abandon a base and move all your stuff and devices to another base. I did, just now, and while i did not (yet) use the volume and weight restrictions, is was done in no time. Formerly i more often than not cursed about the mechanics, that forced me while and after looting (or even destructing) a POI, to run back and forth and back and... and opening dozends of containers just to sort all the stuff in (oops, this one is full already... place a new one, sort into folder, rename it, finally put the stuff in...) this is all gone for good now.

Sorry for taking just your post as a hook for this post, but its something that i want to state for some days now:

Granted, its a very unusual way to handle things, but an ingenious one. You need to think outside of the box to understand the concept, and you need some time, to get accustomed to this. And just because its new, the UI really needs polishing - innovative mechanic concepts cannot use the dragged-in operation concepts. The devs need our feedback in this; if you develop this yourself, you can impossibly think of how someone who does not know every code line comes along with this. They need a description of where exactly the rough edges are, that ruin a smooth gaming.
    This said, you will allow me to point out, that it is NOT a helpful feedback to just state "its all crap and formely everything was better".
    "... früher war mehr Lametta." (untranslateble citation)

18. masel

masel Ensign

I agree, the inventory system for example is complete nonsense.

19. Moonsugar

Moonsugar Rear Admiral

Could you, please, give examples?
    Really - i am sick of reading that bashing. Nothing against criticism, even harsh one, but i would really like to hear some arguments. One would guess, after several days into the new system you guys should be able to give some concrete points of failure?

20. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

I like the new inventory system though I too am yet to play with the weight restrictions etc. It does feel a little more clunky at first when doing the "old" stuff we did in the inventory. However, the moment you want to move stuff around it's a revelation. Transfers from Mining HV to base in one click? Yes please!

I suspect, with a little more refinement, we'll not look back on the old system. Though I do expect things to be a little painful when I do start using weight limits lol. I'll get used to that too of course and, to be honest, I think it'll enhance the game overall and make that first HV feel even more useful, rather than simply carrying a base construction kit around in your backpack!

Scoob.

Sofianinho and IronCartographer like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.