Alpha 9.0: Out Now!

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by EleonGameStudios, Dec 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IronCartographer

I'm not sure I'll ever fully appreciate volume limitations, because I enjoy the abstraction of stack sizes and game simplifications rather than True Realism...but we'll see.

2. Ranger_Ric

Ranger_Ric Lieutenant

I never had to do that in the first place, I use my move-n-store HV and haven't used a cargo box nor put anything in a base in eons. When I leave a base I take no devices with me, why should I? I have enough stuff to build a dozen bases by the time I leave my first planet after my starter which I spend about 3 game days on.

You might be looking back on the old system at some point, I won't be, I moved on already. Until someone mods this crap out completely, I am done with this game. No interest in playing it with this nightmarish logistics system currently in place and certainly no desire or intention to ever see what the weight and volume implementation looks like.

3. Ranger_Ric

Ranger_Ric Lieutenant

I have answered that question as have many others in the thread dedicated to the logistics system. I didn't see that one before posting about it in this one initially.

I assure you, I am not the only one willing to walk away from the game over this after logging over a thousand hours on it. Read the Steam reviews.

4. krazzykid2006

krazzykid2006 Captain

Steam reviews mean absolutely nothing when they are filled with people reviewing an early access game as if it's a finished product.
    They are filled with negative reviews from people that don't like the changes when they were warned before purchasing that it was an in-development game and they may not like the direction it goes, literally writing negative reviews for something they were warned about before purchasing.

Steam reviews have never and will never influence my decisions in any way.

Sofianinho and Moonsugar like this.
  5. Moonsugar

Moonsugar Rear Admiral

So what is the ranting in this forum good for? Just rooting against alterations?

steam reviews... vox populi, vox bovi
    somewhat relevant for making money, yes - but not so much in the development stage.

Jawatraders likes this.
  6. KnowItAllDM

KnowItAllDM Commander

@Hummel-o-War, is it possible, as a custom scenario designer, to set the starting reputation of a Faction?
    I have a custom scenario that has a start on a Polaris Space Base, and I want the players to be able to access the shops from the start of the game (Which reputation Neutral cannot).

IronCartographer likes this.
  7. KnowItAllDM

KnowItAllDM Commander

Oh, and I for one, LOVE the new logistics system. It took a little getting used to, but I've been wanting a Cargo to Cargo direct transfer system for a while. And I can see the need for it once the full weight/volume is implemented. The only problem I had was that the player inventory was on the right, and often overwritten by the fuel page in bases and such, but that's been fixed now, so all dandy!

8. KnowItAllDM

KnowItAllDM Commander

And one more thing! Retractable Landing Gear should be air tight.

9. KnowItAllDM

KnowItAllDM Commander

One More Thing.jpg

You Cannot access a Personal Container that is a different faction. ie. You cannot access a Personal Container on a Polaris base.

10. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Why would you like access to a "PERSONAL"-Container on a NPC Faction Base? ;)It stands most likely there for mere Decoration(now). :)

11. KnowItAllDM

KnowItAllDM Commander

It's for one of my custom scenarios. You start on a Polaris base, so you need access to the container.

Germanicus likes this.
  12. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

I see. I was only wondering because in SP you find now several, former, Starter Bases from the Akua/Omicron "Aera", at least on Arid Planets and some of those old Starter Bases contain in-accessable Personal Containers;).

13. KnowItAllDM

KnowItAllDM Commander

It's odd, though, because the orbital station I have is also Polaris Faction(Admin Core) and its accessible. I'll have to finagle with the factions and such to find out why one is, but the other isn't. The one that isn't should have only a Medium Armor in it (ArmorMedium in the yaml file), but you cant open it. The one in space has only a money card in it, and works.

14. KnowItAllDM

KnowItAllDM Commander

I'm Dumb. I had the Personal Container Inventory on the wrong POI.

Ignore my stupidity, please. LOL!

15. SifVerT

SifVerT Lieutenant

Why can't you issue a new changelog entry for each patch that comes out even if minor? At least round it up in summary please. Best is if you had a thread in which the changelog was and where normal users can't post, so it is clean and concise.

Also I miss some kind of mailing list or similar in which we, especially server admins, get notified whenever a patch comes out, automatically. That should require extremely little maintenance, you don't even need to print out the changes just say e.g. patch 9.0.5 is out.

16. Kubbu

Kubbu Ensign

Might be a minor issue, but i found that the mount block from the modular wings selection is missing

17. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

I have been going over my blueprints concerning this.
    ... and cringing.

While I agree that it makes logistical sense that there is only so much a computer core can handle, could you add a method of upgrading the core?
    Say a T1 and a T2 core, with different processing power?

Also, could we have a higher CPU value for a BA/CV core? (They are physically larger)

Final thought, auxiliary computer cores.
    Allow players to place more than one core to increase CPU points.
    (And prevent a one-shot kill when a core is destroyed).

18. geostar1024

geostar1024 Rear Admiral

A few patches ago, the devs stated they removed it as there was some issue with it.

If it's anything like my CU proposal, then there should definitely be devices that increase available CPU:

https://empyriononline.com/threads/computational-units-resource-proposal.35756/

Given the incompleteness of the system, I feel like it was a bad move on the devs' part to make CPU values visible now, as all it's seemed to do is make everyone worry unnecessarily about their builds.

19. stanley bourdon

stanley bourdon Commander

This:D

20. Liang

Liang Commander

Oh if only this post was noticed by someone...still cannot find the digout or flatten options...

Maverick241 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.