Alpha 9.1: Bug Fixes and Improvements

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by EleonGameStudios, Jan 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TmikeS3

TmikeS3 Commander

Most planets in game do have some O2 in the atmosphere, The reason its not breath able is because there's not enough of it, or other trace gases are present... Earth has about 21% o2 the temprenet planet has 20 % a little low but not bad really (so how are the giant incets able to breath...….maybe I am not meant to notice that) on like the Aired planet its about 10 if I recall which is not enough for us to breath but enough for a fire to burn if not as hot as it would here.

2. Moonsugar

Moonsugar Rear Admiral

From biological view, not the share of O2 in percent is crucial, but its partial pressure, which needs to be within certain borders.
    On top of the mount everest, the share of O2 is still 20%, but because the overall ressure is so low, the part of it, that falls upon O2, is so low, we cannot catch it out of the air (no special training given).
    Diving below a certain deep its the same thing, but now the partial pressure of O2 is so high, it gets toxic.

3. TmikeS3

TmikeS3 Commander

True but higher levels ofO2 or needed to for Giant insects., because of how insects breath the don't have lungs, same with Spiders I think. When we had them on earth we had truly massive trees taking the high levels of CO2 and turning it into toxic levels(for us any way() of O2

4. EvilDave

EvilDave Lieutenant

5. EvilDave

EvilDave Lieutenant

9.2 patch notes thread? Guess not.

6. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

7. EvilDave

EvilDave Lieutenant

8. EvilDave

EvilDave Lieutenant

I'm probably just missing something...how do you spawn a large constructor now?
    I tried a few things - survival constructor, portable constructor, an hv constructor AND an sv constructor on HWS. None worked, but like I said I probably just missed something.

9. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    1. Build Base
    2. Build Small Constructor in Portable Constructor (or HV Mobile Constructor)
    3. Build Large Constructor in Small Constructor

Sephrajin likes this.
  10. IronCartographer

Oh, right, volume reasons.

Well, it's still a possibility to make the Large one take cobalt or something. It would make as much sense as CV growplots requiring it... :D

11. Track Driver

Track Driver Captain

Many of the new 'Improvements" are amazing. The new retractable landing gear and boarding ramp are works of art. Also the new fuel and O2 tanks. I hope something similar will be forthcoming for BA & CV. Congratulations.

I thought the same of the modular wings when they arrived. Why did you have to mess with them?? You did away with the mount. Why?
    The medium connector no longer centers on ANY medium wing!! What goes on here? It used to connect seamlessly. Now, it's either too far forward or too far back!

it's not a game breaker, but it should be fixed. Please?

dracconis69 and GoldDragon like this.
  12. IronCartographer

I just checked and POIs no longer run out of power when you destroy the fuel tanks...

They should have unlimited fuel/O2/ammo, but not if those containers are destroyed! :eek:

mR_kAt likes this.
  13. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Place a large Cargo Box (16k volume) connect yourself to the the container, pick up the Large Constructor by putting it into the Virtual Toolbar...place it...I assume:)

14. mR_kAt

mR_kAt Captain

Yeah, a bug to be sure since you can target parts of an AI's base or ship. The targeting system is based on the theory that you should be able to cripple a base or ship without destroying it by targeting key parts.

I would love to see some day the AI enemies die inside of a space station due to blowing up all of the O2 tanks... XD It would be like laying siege to a castle. I just hope Eleon works out AI production as well someday so they can repair vital systems if they have the resources in cargo containers or a constructor system.

That would require "loot" in enemy POI containers to be generated at the start of a seed (or at the very least when you enter the area for the first time) not when you open a container. Currently you can just cheat in single player survival mode by saving before opening a container. If a player doesn't like what they find inside, they can reload the save before opening it to get a different RNG result.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.