Alpha 9.2 Bug Fixes and Improvements - Part II

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by EleonGameStudios, Jan 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

After playing with logistics some more I have a request . Can we have another system that uses connectors as a second option instead of just the wireless system? I know it's a weird request but using pipes or some connector device that ships and bases would need in order to transfer inventory would be more satisfying to me than the wireless system.

2. Pantera

Pantera Moderator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Update: January 16, 2019 - Alpha 9.2.1 (Build 2166)

Bug Fixes:

- Fixed: All Constructor-like devices are switched off when assigning another INPUT container (only deconstructor and furnace should do so)
    - Fixed: Any construction device is set to OFF when game is quit and resumed
    - Fixed: In Multiplayer the container name annotation (e.g. "(A) Cargo Box") did only work for devices that have been opened once
    - Fixed: Logistics window: Deco containers in own structures not accessible
    - Fixed: Container Controller in X-build sharing Container Extensions
    - Fixed: Intermediate left over items of recursive crafting lost
    - Fixed: Carbon Fiber Blocks could not be deconstructed
    - Fixed: If volume check enabled: Issue with putting items back into the player inventory after picking them with the mouse cursor
    - Fixed: Ship on planet having weak vertical thrust in some cases

Changes:
    - Improved Constructor UI: more width for containers on left side, less for construction queue
    - Removed collider of entity spawner (thin plate): should now ONLY be used for static spawners
    - Added 2 new Tribal Outpost POIs (thanks to Kaeser)

3. IronCartographer

The nice thing is you can simulate that in a design's appearance with cylinder/pipe-style blocks--people have been doing so for ages, even without the container-to-container transfer capability to make it functional. :)

malrose1 and banksman45 like this.
  4. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

True and plus we have cylinder shape containers now so I could do that. ;)

5. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Quick query: Has anyone else noticed that the Telluropod has a crazy long-range melee attack? I was barely in shotgun (T1) range of them - i.e. my hits did minimal damage - yet they were able to hit me hard.

I've had issues like this in the past, dating back to version 3.0, where a melee attacker somehow manages to hit from further away than should be possible. Not experienced this for some time though, but then I don't often attack critters when on foot.

Note: while they do appear to be able to attack from range, there's also the issue of course when critters start their attack, the player dodges out of the way - it can be up to 10 metres away with a quick jet-pack boost - yet they still score a hit after completing their animation, despite the plaer having moved. Almost like the hit is pre-calculated when the animation starts. With Light Armour and jet-pack boosts the player can get out of the way VERY quickly, yet it doesn't always appear to count.

Anyone else noticing this?

Scoob.

iliapugach and krazzykid2006 like this.
  6. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    We plan to release at least one more Alpha 9 version before starting on Alpha 10. Maybe it is more than one (depends on the progress of some of the A9 features - like the new Base Attacks)

ravien_ff, TK85, Maverick241 and 2 others like this.
  7. nexus_absolute

nexus_absolute Captain

YES! Just those few words are what I was longing to hear. Thank you sooo much :D

3 or 4 parts with such big features that really change the game. This is shaping up as one of the most significant major updates yet. Kudos to the team!

vscuorzo and Sofianinho like this.
  8. jadefalcon

jadefalcon Captain

9. jadefalcon

jadefalcon Captain

Also randomly falling out of the sky is still an issue

10. LoSboccacc

LoSboccacc Lieutenant

what's the point then of scouting a nice location? this is not even multiplayer.

[​IMG]

11. Itchy Stank

Itchy Stank Ensign

You guys have been getting me really excited with all of these "Release Candidates". I hope that we are getting close to a true stable release. I love seeing all the changes and it is impressive seeing how fast you work, but I would love to start a game knowing that it won't be broken in a month. Keep up the good work!

Frederick Taer, Marty and TK85 like this.
  12. jadefalcon

jadefalcon Captain

^ this

Marty likes this.
  13. GingerHuntsman

Hi Everyone,

I'm really excited about all the updates and releases that have been coming out! Is there a way to manage a dedicated server and have it auto check for updates, apply them, and restart its self? What I'm finding is that my community is loving the server but it's inconvenient when it constantly goes down due to a client/server mismatch. I'm not always at the server and this can pose a challenge for people wanting to connect and play.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Ginger

14. IronCartographer

Players can disable the Automatic updates in Steam and then use a shortcut to the game itself (bypassing the update-on-launch check in Steam) to retain access to the previous version until the update is applied to the server. Sometimes saves some issues with temporary bugs, no less. ;)

15. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

Try to remember this game is still in alpha so you shouldn't get too comfortable playing your games until maybe beta and I'm just guessing beta because it could be longer than that. I rather have everything done and done right even if I'm still having to restart my games late next year

16. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

New Base attack ? Please tell me more :)

17. Itchy Stank

Itchy Stank Ensign

True that. I was trying to avoid sounding like I was complaining. Evidently I failed at it. I have been playing the game for years and intend to for the foreseeable future. The day there is a true stable game, even Beta, where the only remaining updates wont be game save breakers...I'm gonna be pretty thrilled.

vscuorzo and Sofianinho like this.
  18. IronCartographer

19. Szaone

Szaone Lieutenant

Great update! BTW: Take a look at the first picture on the top. Many textures (normal maps) are inverted. A small example: Stones look like holes.

20. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

Oh that's the new base attack. So it's going to be army of drones and Zirax patrols ? WOW I wished the devs added this feature first because that looks EPIC!!!! I really hope after the Devs get finished with the NPC factions on planets that they will work on adding more NPC ships in space and giving us more NPC ships in Space to battle. Maybe filling certain areas of space full of NPC Fleets with CVs and SVs that will chase you just like the NPC characters on planets do.

Itchy Stank likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.