Alpha 9.3.1: Hotfix

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by EleonGameStudios, Feb 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Hey all,

Not sure if this is new, but I'm having something odd occur while raiding POI's...

Basically, while hovering outside in my basic SV, I take out a block revealing a Zirax. Said Zirax proceeds to fire once with what I think might be a sniper rifle, and this one shot takes out my fully intact cockpit. Considering how relatively weak even my T2 Sniper Rifle is, isn't this a little excessive? I'm about 100 metres or so away at the time, so cannot identify the Zirax in question - I just saw a muzzle flash, I'm not even sure the Zirax was rendered.

Note: I play on Hard, so critters and NPC's are bullet sponges - especially if a higher level - perhaps their damage output receives a huge buff too?

Shouldn't the Sniper - both player and NPC - be an anti-personnel (and critter) weapon, not something able to take out an SV / HV in one shot? If said Zirax was using a Rocket Launcher or Plasma Cannon I'd not have been so surprised, though I can take several direct rocket hits and survive in my SV, albeit very damaged.

Scoob.

2. Philipp

Philipp Commander

i've read that before, that zirax could destroy a cockpit really fast. Never happend to me (yet).

3. Philipp

Philipp Commander

Just found that in config.ecf:

special this part:
    Damage: 150, display: true
    and this one:
    DamageMultiplier_1: 10, data: metal|metalhard

if i understand correctly, the cockpit is out of metal, so the Zirax Sniper does 150 x 10 = 1.500 damage to the cockpit, and a cockpit has about 700/750 health i think. So this is a one shot.

4. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Thanks @Philipp - I keep forgetting the stats are in files for me to browse!

Hmm, looks like the Sniper - at leasT the Zirax One - is designed to take out vessels then, that explains the one-shot.

Still, it strikes me as a very odd balance when, or so I assumed, we have Rocket Launchers and Plasma Cannons that'd traditionally be the heavy damage dealers vs. vessels. I do wonder if this is a deliberate balance choice or an error.

Scoob.

Cleff and Philipp like this.
  5. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Another oddity...

In my current game, Drones only attack at night - this has been the pattern since the attacks started. However, I've noticed that if I choose to sleep the moment night falls, I can totally avoid any Drone attacks - they don't simply show up later. I've done this now several nights in a row, while being busy on or around my base during the day. I guess this isn't intended?

Note: it is sorta moot in many ways, as attacks only trigger after we build defences now...I only built defences to attrack Drones for their loot.

Scoob.

Germanicus likes this.
  6. Philipp

Philipp Commander

You have to look what the PresetStyle of the DroneBaseSetup (playfield_static.yaml) from the current playfield is:
    # 0 = no drone attack base,
    # 1 = day + 2 triggers (base power and turret),
    # 2 = night + 2 triggers (base power and turret),
    # 3 = at once + 2 triggers (base power and turret),
    # 4 = night + turret trigger

If this is set to 2 or 4 the drone attacks come at night, only.

Myrmidon likes this.
  7. Philipp

Philipp Commander

I agree with you, i changed it in my config file, cause i don't want ground troops with non explosion weapons to shoot down a vessel that easy. As you said we have rocket launchers and cannons for that.

8. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

You know, I remember that from back when I used to .yaml edit all the time. However, I thought they'd changed things in more recent versions. For example, my current 9.x game nothing triggered for many game days after I'd built three Minigun Turrets. Then, suddenly, things started working - with my first attack occurring in the day and subsequent ones at night.

That said, those triggers were never fully reliable, with attacks triggering the second you placed the starter block or failing to start at all regardless of settings. That's why I thought they'd moved to a more simplistic trigger.

Currently, I'm just on the vanilla Temperate planet start.

Scoob.

9. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Me again lol.

Is there something wrong with the "Cruise" function on certain planets?

I've just flown to an "Alien" world and have been using Cruise in my light SV to explore. However, I just noticed that rather than flying at 50ms max speed, my SV only cruises at 30ms... is this right?

Edit: note this slower speed is no more economical, plus my CV happily cruises at its max speed of 40ms.

Scoob.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
    Philipp likes this.
  10. krazzykid2006

krazzykid2006 Captain

I've been noticing this lately as well.
    It appears as if cruise mode isn't applying the full throttle AND it seems like it has an extremely hard time reaching max speed.
    I've observed this behavior planetside and in space now.

Philipp likes this.
  11. malrose1

malrose1 Commander

Confirmed.. except mine was a "one shot" by Zirax RPG...(this was the second time I'd had the "long walk of shame") :rolleyes:

12. Philipp

Philipp Commander

same here. Sometimes it works good, but sometimes it doesn't. My HV reaches max speed in about 3-4 seconds when i press W but when i use cruise, it sometimes takes much much longer or never reaches the max speed.

13. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

My believes for Cruising Speed:

The Gravitational Pull and Atmospheric density together with an economic fuel consumption = speed for Cruising mode.
    It seems that many forget that 'cruising' does not mean to move with maximum velocity but with a speed that combines all the environmental factors.

Example:
    Ships at Sea in cruise mode sail at a speed which allows them the max range with an economic fuel consumption, i.e., top speed 32 kn, Range 8000sm at 12 kn.

I think to remember a very dense Atmosphere on the Alien Home Planets all the time as well as on the Lava Planets but here combined with high gravitation.

My 2cts;)

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
    Cleff and Philipp like this.
  14. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

If Cruise were slower but more economical then that'd be a thing I suppose. However, currently it takes more fuel to travel the same distance in my SV vs. flying manually, due to the slower speed but same consumption rate.

Cruise really does need to be full speed all the time. Also, it should be smarter as there's no way it takes the same amount of fuel accelerating up to full speed as it does holding said speed. So, in that sense, cruise should allow for more economical travel as the vessel isn't being accelerated once it hits full speed, it's just overcoming atmospheric resistance. On moons with no atmosphere I'd regularly get up to speed then disable auto-brake, so just my lower thrusters were firing, saving fuel.

Of course, it all depends on how accurately Eleon want to simulate this, if proper aerodynamics become a thing, and wing blocks actually start providing lift and aiding manoeuvrability then we're talking! :)

Scoob.

15. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Sure thing, but as I said, its my opinion. And if THAT was the general idea the Devs had mind with Cruise Mode they have a lot of tweaking and balancing ahead of them;):D

Cleff likes this.
  16. Vordrak

Vordrak Ensign

As before … nearly at V1 / release. When are we getting shields? :) Also, slightly longer draw distances and clipping distances too please.

Cleff likes this.
  17. krazzykid2006

krazzykid2006 Captain

I'm not sure where you get this information from but there is zero information to indicate they are close to full release. All the hints we get indicate that there's still 1-2+ years to go.

18. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Take a bit of time and read through the releases so far and, by careful reading you may find the following line ->
    https://empyriononline.com/threads/anniversary-update-preview.42667/

Outlook for the Future:

Even though we have come a loooong way with Empyrion, we are not stopping here - we still have big plans for our baby. Here are some features that we still want to integrate in the near future (either during Early Access or shortly after):

- More solar systems
    - Better skill, research and progression system (rework of the current tech tree unlock system)
    - Better collision model and more realistic controller for vessels
    - Energy shields for vessels
    - Automatization
    - Introducing realistic weight
    - More threats (AI and environmental)

Sofianinho and Frigidman like this.
  19. stanley bourdon

stanley bourdon Commander

and people kept saying that they did not prepare us for this change

nexus_absolute and mR_kAt like this.
  20. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Yeah. Sometimes I wonder who actually read through those Changelogs the Devs/Mods so carefully prepare for us. Yes, sometimes I fly trough to pickup changes that may concern my gameplay style. Sometimes I am so exited by the Changes that I actually start reading the changes AFTER I encountered them.:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.