Alpha 9.3.1: Hotfix

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by EleonGameStudios, Feb 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cleff

Cleff Captain

Ummm...I do :p I'm too much of a sucker for new things in Empyrion that I almost always read through the entire log for each update. Except sometimes I only skim-read the PDA ones 'cause to me, those are boring ;)

Only if I see something cool or groundbreaking then I'll jump in game to try and find it for myself. Otherwise I just keep watching the game from the sidelines for now until some major core features are finally addressed.

Kargen Dracos likes this.
  2. mR_kAt

mR_kAt Captain

Likewise. I'm waiting for a really stable bug-free'ish release to happen to wade back into a version. The reason is that I mod so heavily and create, I don't like to waste so much time when a buggy version is out that makes me re-write all of my code from scratch again.

Mostly I play version 3.x (a nicely balanced and bug free-ish version) or mess around with 8.x if I want to add the new weather/survival features.

I do pop into the new releases only to check out and help people verify bugs (but I try to do that in advance in the experimental branch). I then normally post in the forums giving my 2c on the changes and try to convey aspects of each patch that I felt were a good innovation or need work (and maybe even an entire re-work).

In general, so far I like what I'm seeing, but I hope the starter planets in the future have far less aggressive POI's and a much less edible fauna, making survival a real challenge.

I can see the starter planets being ghost planets for the most part, focusing on man vs. nature survival and other planets being more about fighting not the elements, but the alien factions once you are well off in the tech tree. That would help as a general tutorial and progression line. I assume there would be some exceptions to the norm, like lava planets and the need for extreme protection for the elements.

Acid rain that damages blocks need to be added or corrosive fog. Falling meteor showers could be a problem on planets with no atmosphere like moons.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
    Cleff likes this.
  3. Vordrak

Vordrak Ensign

Sorry. I took that from the version number. I thought it was 0.9x (i.e. with 1.0.0 being first release and 1.x.x being patches / DLC). Either way, still my most desired features are shields and longer view / render / draw distance for ships and buildings both on planets and in space.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.