Alpha 9.3: Bug Fixes and Improvements - Part III

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by EleonGameStudios, Jan 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Philipp

Philipp Commander

i don't know why, but with experimental (especially build 2203) i had about 60 - 70 FPS or more (sometimes up to 100), now with that build 2209 i have ~40 FPS.
    Does someone else have this, too?

2. Wayson

Wayson Lieutenant

Nice Updates!

3. CaptRiker

CaptRiker Lieutenant

PLZ PLZ PLZ make Background Darkening slider effect cargo boxes and the logistics window.. lower left logistics window inv space is too close to TRASH area.. and with the opacity too light, I've accidentlly trashed too many items.

oh and can you make the darkening faster? seems what we have now when on full darkness is delayed? very noticeable and annoying.

and pretty please add a power on/off button for fridge's in logistics window? pain having to go into devices to turn them on /off

Last edited: Jan 29, 2019
  4. BagoHerder

BagoHerder Ensign

I had to give up on 4k with the last few patches and others on the server noticed the same thing, particularly in areas with lots of trees or cargo extension containers. (ie: Moons are quite fast still!)

2206 seems a little better for FPS but I'm still not back at 4k. :p

5. Philipp

Philipp Commander

I'm just having 1080p :D

I made a fresh install now and it is a bit better, i also deactivated windows 7 aero.

i really wish we would get a low memory mode in the near future (then my girlfriend would be able to play this game again, too) :)

6. Thundercraft

Thundercraft Captain

I'm a bit confused. Does that mean we should increase the version number of our Config.ecf? If so...
    Code:
    VERSION: 3
    Should this line be changed to read "VERSION: 4" ? But, AFAIK, the most recent Config_Example.ecf still had the line "VERSION: 3"...

That is a very high quality model and quite a scary-looking creature. That said, this does not look at all like a stereotypical "golem" to me. This looks radically different. As such, why not do the extra step of renaming this creature from "golem" to something else? I think doing so would improve game immersion.

According to popular culture as well as mythology, a "golem" is an artificial humanoid construct (i.e., a magic-powered robot), typically made of clay or stone (but could be of other substances). One could, perhaps, stretch the definition to include theoretical silicon-based life (as opposed to the carbon-based life that we know of) that happens to be humanoid.

Thank you! This was very much needed. I just hope that golems are now commonplace enough for me to run into one. According to Steam, I have well over 1000 hours logged in Empyrion. Even so, after all that time, I do not recall having encountered a golem even once.

To be fair, I spend the vast bulk of my time on a Temperate planet. (I have been to and even set up a secondary base on other planets, including an ice planet.) But, even after searching mountain areas and the arctic pole areas for golems, I don't recall ever seeing one.

Again, a very high quality model and a scary-looking creature. I especially like the creepy creature behavior.

However, I really do wish that you had not gotten rid of the plant monster entirely. I kind of liked it. No, I did not believe that the plant monster was 'silly' or broke immersion. Plant-based creatures are not that uncommon in science fiction novels. And I don't think that there's anything in science that says something like that can't exist.

I have no complaint. I really like variety in creatures. And this is another high quality model. They look good. And the behavior sounds believable and interesting.

Umm... Can anyone decipher this for me? What does this mean?

Myself, I haven't had decent framerates with Empyrion since Alpha 7. But then, my hardware is a few years old now.

Lately, I've noticed my FPS drop to around 20 in or near big bases. Sometimes, my FPS dips to 10 or even 7... :( I have a slightly better gfx card on hand I've been meaning to swap in. But I'd be forced to switch to water cooling to use it.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2019
  7. mR_kAt

mR_kAt Captain

Is there a way to turn off the Hitpoint Bars above creatures and NPCs yet while in combat? They really get in the way in combat. I have yet to see in the latest build if there is an option to do so or not.

Frigidman and Maverick241 like this.
  8. Thundercraft

Thundercraft Captain

To answer my own question:

The reason that my Config_Example.ecf still said "VERSION: 3" was because I was still subscribed to the Experimental branch at the time. Now that I've rolled back to regular Alpha 9, the new Config_Example.ecf does say "VERSION: 4".

ravien_ff likes this.
  9. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

I cannot be sure, but maybe drones will try to move around a bit when a player stands under them.

Thundercraft and Philipp like this.
  10. Space Beagle

Space Beagle Captain

This need to be connected with 'F6' HUD option - usually when I have problems with info data above POIs & stuff, I turn them off during attack by vessel - and that's 1 click on F6, this should be the same!

Having this together with similar information about POI (range, class, etc.) on 'F6' key is logical gamewise - like that we have 'combat computer' (and that should also be device that we make, same as 'ore scanner' or 'personal detector' :D)

mR_kAt, SacredGlade and Philipp like this.
  11. InvertedCow

InvertedCow Ensign

Was going to post this earlier in the bug reports, but then you did 2 hotfixes So I will just ask a question instead.

Is anyone getting locked into a HV cockpit with the "wait until reloading is finished" message? Have to restart the game to exit a HV is very disturbing in the middle of a heated battle!

Also can you at some point make the turrent AI somewhat smarter? Or at least make it so it acquires targets based on a priority system?

stanley bourdon likes this.
  12. Taelyn

Taelyn Moderator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Changelog: Alpha EXPERIMENTAL 9.3.0 (Build 2210)

Bug Fixes:
    - Fixed: Trader sell value is set to 0 when buy amount is 0
    - Fixed: Missing ground fog on lava planet
    - Fixed: Screens of different devices did not switch off when structure was unpowered
    - Fixed: Wrong naming of Small Constructor when accessing device

Changes:
    - Armor Lockers: Added volume capacity info
    - Console command 'faction entity' can now also set faction None to structures/entities
    - Not allowed to open ControlPanel on faction None structures anymore
    - Structures with Faction "None" no longer available for Logistics

Cluascorp likes this.
  13. InvertedCow

InvertedCow Ensign

Please wait until reloading is finished.

TK85 likes this.
  14. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Facing a un-usual Situation which I can't define if its worth a Bug Report or a simple matter of bad luck with a seed:
    Procurator_2019-01-30_14-17-22.png

15. Philipp

Philipp Commander

do you mean because of talon territory?

16. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Yes. You cant start to mine there without starting a War with the Talons

17. vscuorzo

vscuorzo Commander

I wouldn't consider that a bug unless they tried to add logic to prevent that from happening. Their intentions aside, I think it's fine for that to happen. It's more realistic without ruining the experience by making things too difficult.

18. InvertedCow

InvertedCow Ensign

Had that happen as well... As long as you don't start in zirax territory it should not be a big issue. Take advantage of it and kill spiders for a little while. The talons will be your friends then you can mine. You can still break rocks for resources.

Sofianinho likes this.
  19. Philipp

Philipp Commander

Theres also a talon quest where you need to kill 10 predators. i would suggest to activate that quest and kill 10 spiders, then you will get bonus reputation for the quest + the reputation for killing spiders in their territory.

20. vscuorzo

vscuorzo Commander

Has anybody else noticed that much less crushed stone gets returned from mining than before? I've found mining surface rocks to be way more efficient than mining underground in A9 vs A8. Not sure if that's a bug or an intended change.

Thundercraft and Philipp like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.