Alpha 9.3: Bug Fixes and Improvements - Part III

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by EleonGameStudios, Jan 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

I've noticed this too. Also, most often when I'm using heavy armour, I see my own health bar instead! It literally says "Scoob" and my level! So, yes, the health bars are a bit glitchy currently and I, personally, would like an option to disable them.

Scoob.

mR_kAt and Philipp like this.
  2. Thundercraft

Thundercraft Captain

I believe I've noticed this as well. At least, it did seem that I was getting less Crushed Stone from mining than I did back with Alpha 7. But I had figured that, for whatever reason, this was a conscious decision made by devs (as opposed to a change that was a side effect or otherwise happened by accident).

BTW: I'm still sad that using the Flattening mode of the Drill will not yield any Crushed Stone, unlike with the digging mode.

Also, since the game now has Composite Blocks made from Composite Material (formerly Plastic Material) and since Nanotubes are now made from Composite Material (instead of Iron), there is a much, much higher need for Stone Dust (and, thus, Crushed Stone). Remember: While Composite Material is mostly Fiber, it is made from both Fiber and Stone Dust.

We also need Stone Dust for certain other templates, including Nutrient Solution. Also, I'm a big proponent of building my bases from Concrete, which uses up a lot of Stone Dust. And Armored Concrete uses up Stone Dust at an alarming rate.

I haven't tested it thoroughly. But, from my experience, I think I can confirm that we get more Crushed Stone by mining with an HV than we do from mining with a hand Drill. When I was digging out the rock from around my underground base, I seemed to get noticably more after I switched from my hand Drill to an HV.

Philipp likes this.
  3. Philipp

Philipp Commander

yes, same here. I already made a bug report because of that:
    https://empyriononline.com/threads/own-healthbar-is-visible-when-looking-down.47266/

4. TmikeS3

TmikeS3 Commander

I have noticed less stone form mining for some time, I think starting in alfa 8 when the interduce the recourse baring surface rocks instead of giving stone and random or for regealer rocks, Which is a shame since I liked to build my base out of concrete because its cheap and stronger the steal bocks . But since we can now convert crushed stone into or it does make some since to limit it I guess

5. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Here's a random thought.... should NPC's and Critters gain injuries?

I'm playing on Hard and when I encounter a levelled NPC or Critter they are total bullet sponges. Your typical levelled Critter needing many clips from a T2 Assault Rifle or T2 Sniper (head shots) before they drop. Yet, all this time they appear to be perfectly mobile.

I'm not talking about full injury modelling here, though that would be cool, but about them suffering some sort of penalty for being shot point-blank in the face with a T2 shotgun. Sure, not enough to kill them outright with the current level of health NPC's and Critters have when they're levelled up a bit, but enough to slow them down a bit.

In prior game versions the "stun lock" mechanic often near totally immobilised a given target, which was great one vs one for the player, if a little cheesy. Totally ineffective vs. multiple foes though. What I'd like to see is some sort of recognition of where the player is hitting. I.e. shoot the legs and the NPC / Critter might be slowed for a short while. Shoot the weapon / arms and they cannot fire / lose accuracy for a few seconds. A head shot might stun them for a moment, unable to move or fire. Sufficient damage dealt might even cause an NPC or critter to regroup - a bit like the spider swarms do now.

While I would of course support a much more detailed injury / incapacity model for NPC's and Critters even a much simpler approach of time-limited effects would work really well. In combat, you foe being unable to move / fire for just a couple of seconds can make all the difference. Of course, heavily armoured foes would be largely immune to this, though armour status could be simulated too of course. I proposed something similar regarding armour in a post elsewhere some time back, with your basic Zirax Troop's armour being in poor condition, so a couple of shots would make it ineffective.

Now that the player has gained a whole list of potential status effects, wouldn't it be great if NPC's gained there own? I think it'd be dead cool if a smart player were able to shoot a foe running towards them in the legs, slowing them down, buying a little time. A really skilled player might be able to land head shots on several foes, temporarily incapacitating them for a few seconds. Just an idea of what might be achievable if NPC's and Critters had various injury states. Like I said, I see these as being temporary status effects for the most part, but it could be expanded further.

I'm all for smarter foes - something Eleon has made great strides in recently - as well as a degree of realism. A giant Armoured Golem soaking up everything I can throw at it while continuing to advance is fine, a more squishy Critter doing the same....not so much.

I would suggest that this feature primarily be for a players hand weapons, as they are weak compared to any mounted weapon so would, I hope, benefit more from such a feature.

What do people think? Does this sound like a good evolution of the NPC / Critter PvE foe?

Scoob.

6. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

I've continued a slightly older 9.x game and I'm seeing Zirax Drones "guarding" Polaris POI's - is this intended? I thought the two were neutral at best, not allied?

I wonder if I gain or lose rep shooting said Zirax Drones in Polaris territory? Guess I'll find out! :)

Scoob.

Ingolenuru likes this.
  7. Philipp

Philipp Commander

you should gain reputation by polaris and loose by zirax. I've seen drones from zirax in polaris territory, too, but just guarding ore deposits or flying around.

8. Philipp

Philipp Commander

Question: Is it intended that you can damage your own base with a shotgun? (Singleplayer, PVP & FriendlyFire disabled).

9. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Yeah, it's normal to gain Polaris and Talon rep when taking out Zirax, however, Zirax Drones appearing to be protecting a Polaris POI isn't right.

On an unrelated note: I just returned to base after an excursion to another planet, and most of my food has rotted away, despite 100% Solar charge and a small reserve of fuel remaining :/ Anyone else?

Scoob.

10. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

One more thing, sorry...

When I add additional volume to Storage via additional Container Extensions, I do not gain any additional slots! I've built some fairly large storage modules, yet I'm hitting a slot limit long before volume is an issue. Is this as intended? I'd assume not as it's proving quite restricting for me.

For clarity, I have A Furnace and a Deconstructor with their own inputs - I dump raw ores and anything I want to recycle respectively into these - which in turn feeds into my central "Constructor" storage, from, and to which my Constructors take what they need and deposit the resulting item.

Thought: Likely mentioned before, but some sort of filter would be good to allow the sending of specific items created by a Constructor to a specific storage - Ammo would be a prime example of this.

Thought 2: Being able to set target limits would be great too. I.e. I say to my Furnace that it has a "target" Iron Ingot level of 500 Units. It'd then process Iron Ore until 500 units were in it's Output Storage (likely Input for Constructor(s)) and move on to another Ore type and process until its target levels are met.

With these two ideas, it'd be possible to keep useful amounts of various processed Ores etc. in a particular Storage inventory, only processing additional items as needed.

I wonder if Empyrion will every gain any sort of Scripting language, allowing us to define rules like this? That'd be very powerful.

Scoob.

11. Philipp

Philipp Commander

is that a old save? I've read that before, but just with older saves

Lhando Rage likes this.
  12. jlego

jlego Commander

I looked through the YAML files (well, grepped through them, thanks to having WSL installed), and they aren't on the Temperate planet. They're only on Alien and Temperate Swamp planets.

elmo and Thundercraft like this.
  13. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Yeah, started in an earlier 9.x build, so I'd not be surprised if that was the reason. I've not been getting much time to play of late and every time I fire up the game another update has dropped lol.

Scoob.

Germanicus likes this.
  14. mR_kAt

mR_kAt Captain

I really think the entire kinds of sprouts should be revisited first before drop rates are adjusted. The current system of a tomato sprout, durian sprouts and pumpkins giving the same kind of item to be used in templates (vegetables) really a step backwards in the game.

I think each and every plant should drop UNIQUE items as before but some templates can accept more than one recipe template. Pizza for example should require tomato to make but roasted vegetable should take any form of vegetable to craft.

I also think some plants SHOULD NOT be available on the starter planet. This will give players a reason to search other planets for fauna to create better medkits and food.

With this in mind, it is logical that the Creepy should NOT drop any sprout that is NOT native to the planet it is on. That would circumvent the entire concept of traveling to other planets because once you have a single sprout you can create 1,000 more. It not quite the same as say finding rare ore on a golem. You can't grow more ore.

I really also rather the Creepy drop the actual fruit/vegetable/herb etc. rather than the SPROUT. That would give players a reason to use the Food Processor to create sprouts from raw material that they find. It would make more sense too because the seed might have to be adapted to grow in various environments, temperatures, soil, etc that Humans use.

iliapugach, Philipp and Cluascorp like this.
  15. Timothy Smith

Timothy Smith Ensign

I want to say that I have also had my frame rate drop in build 2210. I have my game capped at 75 fps and in build 2209 it would be right at 75 the entire time. I might also add that build 2209 was the best, most buttery smooth Empyrion experience I have ever had. It was beautiful and absolutely none of the micro-stutters, just smooth.

With 2210 fps dropped to 58-60 with occasional to rare micro-stutters. Frame rate in settings still set to 75 fps. It just doesn't seem as crystal clear as 2209 was.

Loving the bug fixes and changes to the wildlife though!! Keep it coming, I'm still happy with the game just wanted to report this.

malrose1 and Philipp like this.
  16. Ravis

Ravis Commander

Dido on the FPS loss i can look at the Portable heater and crafter in the dark and loose 10 FPS.

Driving around in talon area gives me 14 fps. use to be 60.
    9302210_2019-01-31_19-26-15.png

17. geostar1024

geostar1024 Rear Admiral

Nope, and dynamic slots are being worked on.

This sort of automation could in principle be handled with signal logic; we'd just need a few new functions: output a signal based on the number of a particular item in a particular inventory, set a particular recipe in a particular constructor, and move a particular number of items from one inventory to another.

18. Philipp

Philipp Commander

I would add that they also should rework all recipes in the food processor (now you can craft things like Alien Plasma and other rare things).
    And about starter planet: I would like to see that you don't get that much things on starter planet, which you couldn't find as ressources there, such like power coils, cobalt alloy and energy matrix.

mR_kAt likes this.
  19. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Just Play on ARID Starter Planet where "finding" Things is much harder, i.e., Mushrooms, Eggs(NONE), Corn (None) and some other Stuff to make Meds and Food.

20. Philipp

Philipp Commander

I prefer starting on temperate, cause i like the idea that i start on the easiest planet and it will get harder than.
    Also on Arid starter you can get power coils and other things from drones, i would prefer that drones on the starter planet just drop things, you can also make on starter planets. Maybe some things made out of cobalt, too, but with a lower chance and also less minigun ammo ;)

mR_kAt likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.