Alpha 9.3: Bug Fixes and Improvements - Part III

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by EleonGameStudios, Jan 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Philipp likes this.
  2. rebuilthk47

rebuilthk47 Lieutenant

Wow. Love the Golem model. It's a bit weird to see rock flying off of them though. And to hear rock being hit by bullets when shooting them. And the old loot sound.

So glad to see the small constructor back again. I forgot it even existed. Right now it's too easy to build past it. I have my leveling set to slow in SP, and I already have the resources to build a large constructor, making the use of the small constructor only for getting the large. I do anticipate some adjustments though, so I'm not disappointed. I'm forcing myself to use the small for a while so it doesn't feel like a waste.

I do find it funny, the last several SV, HV, and CV I picked up from the Workshop ended up being part of the list of stock vessels a few weeks later.

I do have one question though. If I pick up my survival constructor while it still has resources in it, then I shift+f to quick loot the dropped container, several random resources go missing (eg. Zacosium was in constructor, but gone after using shift+f on dropped container). It's not even in the container. Is this intended?
    Note: I haven't checked the container before using shift+f.

3. rebuilthk47

rebuilthk47 Lieutenant

Try turning SOAA and Ocular Occlusion off in graphics settings. When those are on, I can't look at big buildings and ships without my FPS dropping to 10.

4. Philipp

Philipp Commander

i have that already disabled.
    With 9.3.1 it is better and i did a fresh install. Now i have between 60 and 80 fps again, about 100 when i'm inside a poi.

5. stanley bourdon

stanley bourdon Commander

is there another name for Ocular Occlusion, because I cannot find it
    thank you

6. IronCartographer

They were talking about two things: SSAO and Parallax Occlusion Mapping. You'll probably have to scroll down on the right side of the Video tab in the Options menu.

stanley bourdon likes this.
  7. rebuilthk47

rebuilthk47 Lieutenant

Yeah, I meant Parallax Occlusion Mapping. No idea where "Ocular Occlusion" came from.

stanley bourdon likes this.
  8. vscuorzo

vscuorzo Lieutenant

Finally ran into some of the bugs with the scorpions and nightmares. Man did those things whoop my butt. I was in an epic battle with a scorpion which I was winning by using the jetpack to shoot from above until a nightmare came running out to back him up. Couldn't fly high enough to get out of range for him. At that point I hopped into my HV thinking they'd be no match for the minigun and 2 gatling guns but due to the screwy hit boxes I was mostly just shooting right through them. After a few minutes of that I gave up and decided I'd have my revenge when that issue gets patched.

@Hummel-o-War has that hit box issue been officially reported to the team? I can do so if it hasn't.

mR_kAt likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.