Alpha 9.4.1: Bug Fixes and Changed Folder Structure

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by EleonGameStudios, Feb 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EleonGameStudios

EleonGameStudios Developer
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Hi Galactic Survivalists,

We just released Alpha 9.4.1 from the A9 branch with important bug fixes that cannot wait until the next major A10 release. Moreover, we changed the folder structure of the Client and the Dedicated Server in the Steam install directory to prepare the upcoming Unity 2018.3 game engine upgrade.

The new folder structure is as follows:

Empyrion Client:
    |----- Client
    |----- DedicatedServer (for local Coop)
    |----- SolarSystemGenerator

Empyrion - Dedicated Server:
    |----- DedicatedServer
    |----- PlayfieldServer

Important:
    - You need to adapt your firewall settings to take into account the new .exe files - otherwise the servers will not show up in the server list
    - EmpyrionAdminHelper (EAH) tool has been moved into DedicatedServer folder

After updating to A9.4.1, please make sure to "Verify Integrity of Game Files" via Steam Client before you start the game.

For bug reports, please visit:
    https://empyriononline.com/threads/...ort-template-requirements-known-issues.47082/

Yours,

Emp Dev Team

----

Changelog: Alpha 9.4.1 (Build 2288)

Bug Fixes:
    - Fixed: Terrain is not correctly removed for POIs that use playfield parameter "DroneBaseSetup" (eg drone bases)
    - Fixed: Wrong y-offset for several POI (especially drone bases)
    - Fixed: Issue with capacitor/battery amount not updating fast enough leading to problem with food spoiling in Food Processor and Fridge (MP)
    - Fixed: Problem with explosion calculation in PvE (MP)
    - Fixed: AI sometimes shooting through walls
    - Fixed: Docked ship not always getting attached to parent ship (invisible colliders)
    - Fixed: Cockpit collision exploit
    - Fixed: HV Docking exploit
    - Fixed: Not enough Upgrade Points to unlock all devices at level 25 (we added 250 more Upgrade Points)
    - Fixed: Normal Zirax had still new Base Attack weapon config and thus were overpowered (ie Zirax could easily destroy base blocks)
    - Fixed: Modular Wing Connector (Medium) was placed wrong
    - Fixed: Problem that SciFi Bed could not be removed / had strange collision
    - Fixed: Tribal Cauldron 2 cannot be removed
    - Fixed: Troop transports turning & moving away when they reach a destination
    - Possible fix for occasional problem with structure duplication
    - Fixed: SV\HV open cockpits have broken building size model
    - Fixed: Occasional PDA entity link didn't find the block due to the entity still loading. Wait up to 3 seconds for structure to load to link the pois.
    - Fixed: Pda NearPoi and NearUnit checks
    - Fixed: Missing new shapes for Xeno Steel Blocks and wrong Block Info for Xeno Steel Blocks
    - Fixed: Several problems with terrain deco (AkuaPlant2 and CrystalsPyramidOrange have wrong colliders, AlienPlant11Blue has broken texture, AlienPlant11 is placed deep underground, AlienPlantReef2 is scaled far too small and has missing texture on fruits )

Changes:
    - Changed folder structure of Client and Dedicated Server in Steam install directory
    - Removed NPC faction missions from MP Default Scenario (note that the MP scenario intentionally has a different setup of POI and playfield content. As a consequence, the missions that work in the SP Default Scenario do not work in the MP Scenario. We will have a look at more/new MP missions for the future)
    - PDA: Improved POI and Near unit checks to include prefabSpecialLocalName in checks for more flexibility

Updated EAH Server Tool (Version 1.46.2.0):
    - For the changelog, see https://empyriononline.com/threads/tool-emp-admin-helper-eah-free-v1-45-x.5771/page-54#post-297740

----

Sneak Preview of A10:

On the main development branch, our team is working hard on Alpha 10 features which will be announced in due time. What we can already say is that the new base attack with Zirax troopers invading the base is coming along nicely.

The Zirax are approaching your base with drones and troop transporters:
    [​IMG]

Troop Transporters are unloading their units:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Troopers are approaching and invading your base:
    [​IMG]

Do your best to fend off the attack:
    [​IMG]

What might this special Zirax weapon be?
    [​IMG]

In our opinion, the new base attack adds a completely new dimension to the survival aspects of the game. It will give you a new threat level. The probability that your base will be attacked depends on several factors (proximity to enemy bases, in enemy territory or not, reputation, energy footprint of the base, size of the base etc).

Not only Zirax will attack your base but we are also working on a Talon base attack with a different attack flavor - more like a siege than an assault on your base.

But the new base attack is only one feature of the upcoming major Alpha 10 release. Stay tuned for more info….

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2019
    Cleff, Supay, vscuorzo and 21 others like this.
  2. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Some great fixes here!

This. Is. AWESOME!

vscuorzo and Goffender like this.
  3. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

So, in A10, I will just power down my core remove it and they will stop attacking.

4. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

If the Spanj video is any indication, that would be a very, very bad idea. :D

5. StyleBBQ

StyleBBQ Captain

Looks like fun indeed :)

??? Eleon said "size of the base". How will that part be determined?

Would a base with a couple towers 'attached' that are 20 meters out (say one North and one West) from a small building (9x9 blks) be considered the same as a base that filled the same entire X by Y space?

... and, honestly, sorry to keep flogging the non-responsive equine, but "energy footprint" would seem to mean using the new CCC/CCEs would be a bad idea compared to the old style cargo boxes due to energy usage... unless a player wants more/tougher attacks?

6. Taelyn

Taelyn Moderator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    same way as we calculate now the class size

There is more then just energy footprint what calculates the attack

StyleBBQ likes this.
  7. Taelyn

Taelyn Moderator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    there is more takeing things in account then just removeing a core ;)

8. Sofianinho

Sofianinho Captain

Looks like a shield to me, but you're saying it's a weapon so I dunno, by the way is that the ForceField Effects shader ?

9. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

Until today for CV/SV/HV it is enough. I have test it in the past many times. For BAs I am not sure.

As for the A9.4.1 Thank you for adding heavy armor as a template on the constructors. :)

One question I have is if it is right/fair the player to be able to deconstruct armors that are damaged beyond repair.

Seems I messed up too much with config.ecf, my bad :p

Last edited: Feb 27, 2019
    Taelyn likes this.
  10. spanj

spanj Captain

We're going to need a bigger base!

D00mnoodle, ravien_ff and Sofianinho like this.
  11. YBAX

YBAX Lieutenant

Eleon Why have you changed the hight of the open cockpit from 2 to 3 blocks ? Now my HV is spawning without a cockpit! and I can't put another one cause i have slope windows on top of it and it dosen't fit anymore :(

D00mnoodle and Frigidman like this.
  12. StyleBBQ

StyleBBQ Captain

While I've always dreamed of an open cockpi that was only 2 blocks tall, they've always been 3 blocks tall. So they're just fixing a glitch.
    unfortunately :)

13. D00mnoodle

D00mnoodle Lieutenant

What about A9 part II that was mentioned some time ago? Was that just a misunderstanding or did you guys change your minds? Because it looks like you are going straight for A10 now?

14. Taelyn

Taelyn Moderator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    A9 part II is already released a month ago

15. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Is it preferred that we start new games after this Patch?:)

16. Taelyn

Taelyn Moderator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    As far as i know => no

PDA fixed and - Fixed: Terrain is not correctly removed for POIs that use playfield parameter "DroneBaseSetup" (eg drone bases)
    some of this might also be affected : - Fixed: Several problems with terrain deco (AkuaPlant2 and CrystalsPyramidOrange have wrong colliders, AlienPlant11Blue has broken texture, AlienPlant11 is placed deep underground, AlienPlantReef2 is scaled far too small and has missing texture on fruits )

only work with a new game ofcours

Germanicus likes this.
  17. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

We definitely now need a couple other styles of open-air cockpits where the player is laying down more flat, or laying over something with their head and arms forward (think tron cycle seat). Wouldn't mind a 1x1x3 'standing' cockpit too.

mR_kAt, StyleBBQ, Wellingtoon and 3 others like this.
  18. D00mnoodle

D00mnoodle Lieutenant

Sorry about that then, i was just confused. In the A9.0 patch notes it said:

["Hi Galactic Survivalists!

Christmas is coming closer and so we thought it is about time to release the first Part of Alpha 9 to our community, so everyone can play and test and gift us with a lot of valuable feedback on the most recent additions, like NPC Factions and the new Logistic Menu in particular.

Part I, you ask?

Yes. Unlike previous major releases, Alpha 9 was split in two parts due to the very nature of the features we added: Both NPC Factions and Logistics are adding game mechanics that are completely new and have a lot of touch points with nearly every game mechanic which means we need a LOT of feedback - and we only will get that feedback, if all of our community members can access these features. On the down side, this also means that there might be a few more rough edges than usual."]

So i thought there would be another MAJOR release called A9 part 2. But you guys probably meant that this was the initial iteration and part 2 would polish it up. That part 2 stuff that was released a month ago i thought it was just a generic update. So yeah i misinterpreted it, my bad lol

anyway keep up the good work guys!

Taelyn likes this.
  19. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Interesting stuff coming in A10 then, really looking forward to the new Base attacks.

I do hope the Zirax are slightly tougher than your average Trooper but, please, don't just give them a huge damage buff for the same weapons. They appeared to be showing a degree of enhanced AI in the preview of this feature - as covered by Spanj in a video - but their ability to blow through blocks seemed excessive, funny, but a little too much lol.

Keep up the excellent work guys.

Scoob.

20. Taelyn

Taelyn Moderator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Well they will be stronger,

they have there own special weapons => better then the troopers u know now
    It got changed already there dmg output :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.