Alpha 9.4.1: Bug Fixes and Changed Folder Structure

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by EleonGameStudios, Feb 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

No single shot to kill a full-health cockpit though I hope? Normal Zirax Snipers gained that ability a few versions back, I think it was fixed though, as "base attack" class Zirax were spawning in POI's.

Question, are these guys going to ever drop their super weapons on death, or do they vanish like current Zirax weapons? :) Make it a tiny chance - lore can say weapons usually self-destruct when owner dies - but to gain a beyond Epic weapon might be cool...make them delicate though lol.

Recently I had repeated Troop Transports landing where I was founding my Base, and it was great fun fighting these guys off. So, this addition should add a lot to the game. However, it won't be fun if they can simply one-shot you with ease and you respawn with no base. Careful balancing required!

Have the devs considered officially launching the base attack scenario in a more complete (and enabled) form prior to A10 in order to get some early feedback on how the attacks play out? Give the player several levels of Base to test and an ability to trigger progressively stronger attacks perhaps? I know this isn't how things are usually done, but this has the potential to be a HUGE game changer so some advanced testing might help :)

Scoob.

mR_kAt, SacredGlade and vscuorzo like this.
  2. Taelyn™

Taelyn™ Administrator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    • Administrator
    Overall the whole BA Attack stuff is already way more enhanced then what u can try out.

The Weapons got updated to a more High Res version that way we CAN let them drop

3. D00mnoodle

D00mnoodle Lieutenant

will the zirax use that welding thing attack that quickly destroys blocks? like in that one hidden scenario you had a while back?

4. Taelyn™

Taelyn™ Administrator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    • Administrator
    Yes, but it's damage got adjusted

5. rebuilthk47

rebuilthk47 Lieutenant

YYYEEEEEAAAAHHHHH! So cool! Looking forward to it! I thought the bigger base attacks was in A9 and I just wasn't incurring their wrath enough. Now I see I misunderstood.

That Zirax weapon is an EMP?! Or perhaps a shield generator.

6. Monroe

Monroe Commander

So, there were screenshots of base attacks teased for A9, but I've seen nothing other than the standard drone attack. There was a 'BA' console command added though. Are there base attacks in A9 that I'm just not seeing?

7. Kalista

Kalista Commander

Question I have with the new base attacks coming in is if on planets where a patrol vessel is present will they to sometimes assist in the base attacks ?And to add to this is their a future plan to spice up base attacks in space as well ?

8. R-TEAM

R-TEAM Lieutenant

Can we have an server setting to display/Hide specialy Zone infos ?
    Here the nonbuildable area and owned area .. this make anything like sensor/radar upgrades obsolet as it shows now in the map long before in radar range this places where sit ore deposits or (even more bad) hidden player bases ..... (the guy/team whre have this idea for zoning realy dont overthink his idea "with" the existing game machanics to found "thing" ...)
    This is my second post about this -> will this change to a more consistent game machanic (you need sensors/radar to found structures) or will the now free for all visible zones (non buildable and owned) unhide all resources/player bases of long distances and make so the game again more an action game with less immersion/logic ...................... ?
    [or will it be like the zelda RPG style XP system - only an (still the same) temporar placeholder machanic .... i hope you get the sarcastic touch ..]

Regards

mR_kAt and Wellingtoon like this.
  9. StyxAnnihilator

StyxAnnihilator Captain

Spikes and barb wire please ... Wait, too year 2020, so instead laser fence and plasma spikes - for defense in A10 :p

Gainesterism and StyleBBQ like this.
  10. Moonsugar

Moonsugar Rear Admiral

Sorry for pouring vinegar to the wine, but...
    the preview of A10 i see there is most likely of deterring me from any more playing this game.
    I searched for a survival game, what in my opinion means: coping with harsh environment like heat/cold, poisons, predators, plagues. NOT enemies, and for sure not an army. I dont need another shooter or tower defense, nor a blend of that.

mR_kAt and R-TEAM like this.
  11. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    Do you play the Freedom mode with enemies off? If not, the BA Attack is simply the improved BA Attack with a LOT more modifiers than you can get from the 1st post here. Maybe wait until you can play it. No worries - Empyrion will not become a tower defense game, but more challenging when you offend your opponents too much or too often :D

12. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

No Problem! Rome wasn't built in a Day either;):D

Taelyn™ likes this.
  13. Taelyn™

Taelyn™ Administrator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    • Administrator
    with the current system => No

14. Taelyn™

Taelyn™ Administrator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    • Administrator
    It doesnt work in the standard game. The Concole commands u can use to "test" things out.

If u really want a test delete the .hide.txt in the Secnario/_TestBaseAttack folder and play that scenario

15. Jawatraders

Jawatraders Lieutenant

I bet it's an EMP blast or something like that. It looks like it's expanding

wildboy likes this.
  16. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

17. Bloomsfield

Bloomsfield Ensign

This looks great I wonder if you could persuade as a friend the Zirax to attack another person in multiplayer? and then join in on the attack.

that would be cool

18. Fossil

Fossil Lieutenant

19. Supay

Supay Commander

20. rebuilthk47

rebuilthk47 Lieutenant

I looked up the update to the engine. Wow. The improvements. I can only imagine the changes to come that will improve Empyrion. I don't need to know Empyrion's current Unity version or how the game is made with what tools or the set up in Unity to do that.

Maybe I'm just tired and am overestimating what the difference will be. Perhaps I'm not close to just how much of a difference it will make. Either way, I'm interested in seeing how it will change things. I won't be going away any time soon, not that I planned on it in the first place.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.