Alpha 9.4.1: Bug Fixes and Changed Folder Structure

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by EleonGameStudios, Feb 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CaptRiker

CaptRiker Lieutenant

can we please get an opacity slider for containers? more ten once I've tried to move an object to the lower left of a screen right side container only to put it in the trash box.. would like a slider to I can kill the opacity of the inventory window.. ie make it all black.. better if u could also increase box boreders in the grid a little?

mR_kAt, StyleBBQ and krazzykid2006 like this.
  2. Goat 2

Goat 2 Ensign

what is GMIV and do you have to edit every poi

3. Taelyn

Taelyn Moderator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Godemode Invisible

U type it in the command prompt

If u want the doors to open ye

4. krazzykid2006

krazzykid2006 Captain

^^^^This^^^^^.

Pleeeeaaaasssseeeee?!?!?

mR_kAt likes this.
  5. StyleBBQ

StyleBBQ Captain

<applause!> just noticed that the Statistics window thurst values -update- for Cargo Mass! Awesome! :D:D

So you can see if you have enough Newtons to safely land back on a planet after a mining/salvaging run in space :)

Wellingtoon and mR_kAt like this.
  6. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

So, here's an odd thing...

I had three Drones come to attack my Base, however their approach takes them around a hill. The first Drone has a bit of a lead over the others, and when it comes around the hill both my BA and CV guns open up on it. It lasts a couple of seconds. Nice.

As the first Drone goes down, the remaining two are still behind the hill, totally out of LoS and still a ways out - though not that far. Suddenly, I start hearing the sound effect given by a Drone being hit - but none of my guns are Firing, they don't even have LoS yet.

On foot, I run around the hill just in time to see the second Drone fall from the sky...yet my guns hadn't fired since that first Drone fell.

So, two "issues" here:

1) My Turrets (just Cannons, Six on the CV, Four on the Base) were not firing on those second two Drones. I was very near to them, less than 50 metres, and there was no firing sound as there had been for the first Drone and certainly no muzzle flashes, I checked.

2) Even if they had been silently and invisibly firing, they had no LoS - firing through hill was fixed an age ago!

So, any ideas? Anyone else seeing this weird behaviour? How did those Drones die?

As an aside, due to the shape of the terrain and the direction the Drones approach from, I'd set up my fixed defences (CV will be send back into orbit at some point) in ideal ambush positions for when the Drones round the hill. I designed them not to have LoS until the Drones got closer.

Scoob.

7. mR_kAt

mR_kAt Captain

I would love to see this as I found the black backgrounds with blue borders (buttons/slots) of the older alphas, MUCH clearer and easier on the eyes. :3

The current overlay looks like windows 10 on a tablet.

Wellingtoon likes this.
  8. mR_kAt

mR_kAt Captain

It sounds like some sort of DSL issue or an overlapping issue in the game deciding which calculation to use to determine a drone's death. One occurs when you are in range and the other when you are out (away from your base)???

9. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

As my base in in a mountain, I was over 100 metres away from the Core but right next to other blocks such as the Entrance (Hangar Door) and the aforementioned Turrets, as well as my CV of course.

I did notice other weirdness last night too. I was in my Base - so very close to the Core - and I can see my CV parked at the Cave entrance. It's about 100 or so metres away. However, a Troop Transport came in, delivered troops and flew away again all without triggering any turrets. The troops just sat there until I emerged.

The Troop Transport didn't even show on radar - I was keeping an eye on it the entire time as I was expecting the Transport - which was also weird.

So, despite me not being far away at all, the AI that controls turrets and the Troop's behaviour wasn't working. The Troop Transport however, while not showing on Radar, obviously did do its thing and offload troops before flying off again.

Basically, there appear to still be odd issues when the player isn't close enough to an event. It remains possible for things to sneak up on player assets, and the shooting AI only kicks in when the player gets closer. Meaning a CV / Base / HV that's perfectly capable of defending its self at range, is totally neutered and enemies can get right on top of it. We've seen this issue before of course when Drone Waves would arrive at a Base while the player is away, only "activating" when the player gets close - but they're already at point-blank range so will do damage they'd otherwise not have done.

I actually thought the distance a player could be away from an "event" and still have it function properly was a little further than 100 metres, but apparently not. It's perfectly possible to be at one end of your base and have turrets fire at incoming Drones if you're close to them, yet have them totally ignore the Drones if you're simply standing at the other end of your base. With the ability to "attach" blocks without a physical connection to the main Base, spread out bases that extend hundreds of meters aren't uncommon I imagine. I use it a lot to place remote Turrets, solar arrays and other buildings. Sadly though, it seems a very compact base works better vs. any sort of attack.

Scoob.

10. rebuilthk47

rebuilthk47 Lieutenant

I had the same thing happen when A9 initially released. Despite having one turret, the drones got close enough to destroy the core of my base (granted it was wood so two good shots...), but the turret stopped firing after the first drone was destroyed. I then put up a second turret and the same thing happened two more times. It doesn't happen anymore though.

I've also noticed this turret thing with Zirax PoI turrets. They'll take aim for a while, then suddenly stop. Not reloading (I assume they reload), but fully disengaging and turning back as if I wasn't there/not hostile. This lasts long enough for me to sit stationary and take out each turret. I've had this happen even in A8.

11. Geezr

Geezr Ensign

It is at times like this that I often pause to appreciate and enjoy the unique joys of participating in an early access game, which is like no other gaming experience. With every update and every patch, there is the possibility of some unexpected and amazing behavior on the part of the drones, or the Zirax, or a plant monster, or if nothing else, a tree floating happily in mid-air. I sometimes hope that the good people at Eleon will always have some form of development branch available because, let's face it: if the game were finished and polished, balanced and optimized and bug-free, then many of us might quickly grow bored with it and move on to other challenges because, as it stands, there is nothing inherently in the game "to do", and no reason to ever mine another ounce of copper or seek out another epic sniper rifle once the basic requirements of survival are met.

But today, I am still looking forward to positioning myself in different parts of my sprawling mountain-top base to discover new oddities of drone attack behavior; and when this line of inquiry is exhausted, it will be time for the A10 rollout, and a new cycle of base attack astonishment will commence. And increasingly, I find myself in agreement with Liebniz, that each world is the best of all possible worlds :D.

12. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

@Sofianinho It looks like the Devs liked your suggestion, thank you for making it.

It looks like BA repair will get a lot more involved after an attack, I hope the devs are adding a method to repair a BA back to blueprint.

Celthon, vscuorzo and Sofianinho like this.
  13. CaptRiker

CaptRiker Lieutenant

odd bug.. on MP world I put down 6 water gens and a portable constructor then came back a few hours later they where gone.. PVE planet, no where near enemy territory.. new bug?

oh and there wasn't a playfield wipe....

and before I left for the store.. I placed another 12 water gens with all the same type and amount of fuel.. came back an hour later.. 5 gen produces 9 containers ea. rest did 46 ea? they were all empty to begin with.. something wacky going on.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
  14. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

I'm on the fence about this.

With ships, its much needed, as ships... they gotta be ships! And one broken block, makes/breaks the whole thing/design. But with a base? A base is a built structure, with damage, and hack-job repairs, and tackons/addons.... so if it takes more 'hands on' to repair the base, then so be it. Otherwise after any attack, the player would just push a button and the whole thing is magically restored to the way it was. Big woop.

However..... with a seriously involved base, and getting a serious ass woopin (huge holes and busted functionality) ... a repair-to-something would come in handy....

So I'm torn.

nexus_absolute and Robot Shark like this.
  15. Kalista

Kalista Commander

be
    nice at the very least if there was some kinda ui element that let you know where the blocks were missing if you had the template saved at the very least.

16. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

The worst problem for me has been running down all of the "slightly" damaged blocks.
    The ones that are "slightly" damaged/deformed.

17. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

Which goes back to a multi-year request for a 'visual scanner' on the multi-tool which causes damaged blocks to light up with an overlay (like we see with SI).

18. rebuilthk47

rebuilthk47 Lieutenant

It's not really survival if your base gets a button push repair. And what will you do while your base is being repaired? You can't be inside it. You'll have to be in another base, or your CV. Hopefully you can use your CV as a makeshift base until repairs finish.

I'm pretty sure we actually kind of have something that tells us what's damaged. In the items list in the Control Panel (Settings) for whatever we're pointing at, items will have a percentage next to them. That percentage indicates how much HP they have. Though I think it gets a little boogered up sometimes as I've seen some items have a percentage and be at full HP (IIRC). But I do know for a fact that items that were damaged had that percentage, and it went away after repairing.

mR_kAt likes this.
  19. mR_kAt

mR_kAt Captain

I'd prefer that than an autorepair option for a base. What is the point of multitools then?

As it is now, you are encouraged to create bases in creative mode rather than survival mode (which is a real shame). There should be some sort of large exp incentive to building a base in survival, but then again, I can see how that can be easily exploitable with removing a block and placing it over and over again...

20. vscuorzo

vscuorzo Commander

I would like to see repair drones. Kind of like the zirax drones except it just uses a multitool on your base and repairs/replaces blocks according to the template. This drone wouldn't be particularly fast and could be shot down. It would also need raw materials to pull from, like the repair console so repairs aren't free.

This would give us a way to escape the tedium and frustration (for some) of repairing base blocks manually every time damage is taken. This kind of tech shouldn't be available until later in the game though and quantity of drones should be limited so you can't achieve near invincibility by having a swarm of drones instantly healing any damage taken.

The Purple Tail and Cluascorp like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.