Alpha 9.4: General Update

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by EleonGameStudios, Feb 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EleonGameStudios

EleonGameStudios Developer
    Staff Member

• Developer
    [​IMG]

Hi Galactic Survivalists!

With Alpha 9.4, we are adding a completely new planet type, more variants and updated models of cargo containers and controllers, dynamic grids for large cargo containers, three new HV thrusters, many model updates, a major POI update, new building shapes, calculation of hitpoints and mass according to the shape of a block and much more.

Check out the full changelog below and do not forget to add your feedback on the changes, as well as report remaining bugs in our forum

Bug Reports Guidelines: https://empyriononline.com/threads/...ort-template-requirements-known-issues.47082/

Yours,

Emp Dev Team

----

CHANGELOG: Alpha 9.4.0 (Build 2275)

Added new Planet “Barren Metal”:
    [​IMG]
    - It is a highly radiated, dead planet with extreme temperatures
    [​IMG]
    - Added BarrenMetal to random solar system generator
    - Added new stamps and POIs for BarrenMetal

Added more Shapes for Building Blocks:
    [​IMG]
    - This is a first iteration to expand the shapes atlas (which was limited to 64 slots before).
    - The shapes added right now are some of those that were created a while ago, but did not fit into the old atlas as it ran out of slots.
    [​IMG]
    - We already created a list of desirable new shapes from all your suggestions (and beyond). Those will go in production soon, but it might take a while until more will be added (Alpha 10)

Model Update and Additions:
    - Updated models of SV/HV Container Controllers
    [​IMG]
    - Updated models of SV/HV Containers
    [​IMG]
    - Updated models of CV/BA Container Controllers
    [​IMG]
    - Added new CV Cargo Containers (Palette)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    - Added new plain emissive block texture (Xeno Steel)
    - Updated Talon Crossbow model
    - Updated model of Teleporter
    - Updated sofa model
    - Portal model has now a non-transparent backface to make clear that you cannot go through it

Thruster Update:
    - Added 3 new HV Thrusters
    - Updated Techtree for HV thrusters
    - Added missing specs for some thrusters (temperature, radiation)
    - Increased Thruster Force for all HV thrusters
    - Balanced other parameters based on the changed Thruster Force for HV Thrusters
    - Slightly adjusted SV Thrusters and Jet Thrusters
    - Slightly adjusted CV Thrusters

Gameplay:
    - Using voxel shape of blocks to calculate their weight and hitpoints
    [​IMG]
    - Added gameoptions.yaml parameter to limit the max number of spawned AI entities (MaxSpawnedEnemies): per default = 50
    - Added dynamic grids for containers with VolumeCapacity larger than 8000 SU: the grids now extend if they are full
    - Constructors using internal data containers (e.g. Portable Constructor) now also uses stuff from OUTPUT grid to craft next items
    - Reduced impact of actions on reputation > Feedback required
    - Removed motion sensor and light barrier sound > Feedback required
    - Added Tx signal to Retractable Landing Gears
    - Landing Gears are now visible in CP
    - TotalHorror NPC: Reduced attack range and reduced probability to get AlienParasite
    - Improved behaviour of Troop Transport: it now adapts its landing position dynamically dependent on player behavior

Major POI Update:
    > Over 60 POIs adapted (updated / added) > A special thank you to our Builder's League - especially Fractalite, Frigidman, Ramachandra, Pantera and Taelyn[​IMG]
    - Abandoned Buildings: Switched most of the Aln Buildings to Flat spawners and set to "Static" so you can actually clear an area without respawns.
    - Updated several POIs (Abandoned Mine, Orbital Spire, Weapon Bunker etc): thanks to Frigidman, Ramachandra, Pantera
    - Complete rework of Ghyst POIs > thanks to Frigidman
    - Added new set of Talon POIs on Arid planet > thanks to Ramachandra
    - Added new Talon Burial Chamber POI: thanks to Kaeser
    - Added new Polaris POI: thanks to ravien_ff
    - Updated POIs with underground part (now also set with "flatten terrain")
    - Fixed: Door codes so you do not need to blast doors when on neutral/friendly/honored state for some Polaris POI
    - Fixed: Wrong y offset of POIs (some POIs were not lowered sufficiently into terrain)

Updated Grass shader:
    - Better visuals (more realistic wind effect, grass looks wet when raining, etc)
    [​IMG]
    - Better performance
    - Added possibility to scale grass on a per-biome basis (added YScale param to playfield_dynamic.yaml - see eg TemperateStarter or ExamplePlanet)

Playfield Update:
    - Updated snow playfield / desert playfield
    [​IMG]
    - Updated POI underground texture on several Moon playfields

SSG:
    - Improved preview in SSG so that you can now see the terrain (stamps and textures) as it appears ingame
    [​IMG]

Modding:
    - Exporting "FoodDecayTime" to Config.ecf
    - Exporting more blocks to Config.ecf (eg all deco plants such as ElderberryBushDeco that are placeable in BA/CV etc)

Other Changes:
    - Updated "Shadows of Starlight" scenario and made it visible again: Thanks to ASTIC > Feedback required
    - Updated SSAO / Bloom Effects: should now have less performance impact
    - Better ordering of block stats (Mass, Volume higher up in list)
    - Directional sensor tuning for AI: should improve direction in which do animals wander or run away from the player
    - Use 'N/A' for orbit 'planet size' in new game windows, rather than hiding the button.
    - Depth-of-Field effect does not change with Quality Presets anymore - similar to SSR effect (if switched off, stays off even if Quality = Best)
    - Updated gameoptions_example.yaml: added better descriptions and fixed several inconsistencies (it is now also generated for Default MP scenario)
    - Updated Example Planet playfield_static.yaml
    - Updated UI of "planet info" in-game (Planet Size: Small, Medium, Large, Extra Large; Added Planet Difficulty; Removed Weather)
    - Constructor Filter: Improved tooltip texts to better explain the filter's meaning

Bug Fixes:
    - Fixed: [MP] Plants spoiling after being picked when re-joining a server
    - Fixed: Ventilator Oxygen exploit to get free O2
    - Fixed: Picking up Dropcontainer with SHIFT-F when inventory slots are full, excess items are destroyed
    - Fixed: Debug radar exploit
    - Fixed: Landing gears animation stuck after removing other landing gears
    - Fixed: Multiple NPC Trader spawn at one location after POI regenerates
    - Fixed: T key not switching between player tool bar & virtual tool bar when using the personal drone.
    - Fixed: When POI's with the 'BP flattens ground' box is checked the structures can get displaced & terrain can become deformed
    - Fixed: When a AI Turret reloads on a vessel the mounted weapons will be forced to reload.
    - Fixed: Problem that sometimes POIs were empty because NPCs have been despawned and did not reliably respaw when player re-enters POI (could happen especially for static spawners)
    - Fixed: PDA not showing chapters in certain cases.
    - Fixed: POI-Ground textures on DESERT playfield are showing black
    - Fixed: Strange cutout of stones in water on Alien Planet
    - Fixed: Animals spawning inside freshly build POI
    - Fixed: Superspeed glitch teleport to the end of the universe
    - Fixed: NPC Spawn trigger area is larger than shown
    - Fixed: Clicking on resources in Statistics display shows internal names
    - Fixed: Ore scanner outline not working with Drill Turret
    - Fixed: POI cutout area had a gap to the terrain and sometimes terrain was not removed if checkbox "Flattens Ground" was not checked
    - Fixed: When copying a save game, the new created game copy does not get highlighted
    - Fixed: In some circumstances info-popups are not readable in the tech-tree - refine placement of tooltip based on actual height of panel
    - Fixed: HV MultiTurret / DrillTurret > Naming wrong Block Group
    - Fixed: Unable to start game when adding probabilities to Moon Playfield types.
    - Fixed: [Volume limit] Using MultiTool to retrieve a block doesn't always drop the block if inventory is full
    - Fixed: Some issues with POI underground textures on MoonDesert
    - Fixed: POI group "TribalBazarStoneAux" was not spawned on AridStarter
    - Fixed: Console command 'ag' not working properly
    - Fixed: Problem that one could start in orbit in Akua-Omicron scenario and then fall on planet
    - Fixed: Exception spam in client & PF logs due to AI Planet Vessel
    - Fixed: Issue with selecting singleplayer & coop options in Start game menu > button was not always very responsive
    - Fixed: AI Hint system: WormDesert did not react if another WormDesert was damaged
    - Fixed: Problem that not all AI were able to “open doors” and “trigger sensors”
    - Fixed: Telluropod not following you under water reliable
    - Fixed: Holographic screen was not switched off on Scifi Deco Table without power
    - Fixed: Clustering in Terrain shader
    - Fixed: Typos in PDA

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
    Szaone, Slimer, Ex3me-1 and 26 others like this.
  2. Hellion

Hellion Commander

is this mass update going to change the way a ship handles?

Thanks for another great update!

spacefarmer and D00mnoodle like this.
  3. D00mnoodle

D00mnoodle Lieutenant

This is argueably my fav update so far. You have no idea how much those new block shapes mean to builders like me. Countless times i've encountered a situation in which i need a block that doesn't exist. Now those blocks are finally in the game and i'm eternally gratefull.

The new extending grids for 8000+SU containers is also a godsend. I allways wanted to build for mass and volumes enabled but that made the ships terrible for people that play without it. This unifies designs and removes the cluttering of the WS with double uploads (for both playstyles)

That's not all though, block HP and mass has finally been balanced as it should be. Which is funny because i was ranting a bit about that to a friend of mine like a week ago lol.

And finally the new HV thrusters are much appreciated as well. I didn't build very many HV's before but now i for sure will.

Thank you very much Eleon!

4. spanj

spanj Captain

Eleon!!! You Guys are rock stars, you crazy bastards. love it, keep up the amazing work chaps.

5. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Love the new Container Palettes. Looking real good! Thanks ELEON:D

6. Sofianinho

Sofianinho Captain

Does the escape pod mean the new barren metal is a starter planet ? surely not but that's what people would think.

spacefarmer and D00mnoodle like this.
  7. FUE DENIS

FUE DENIS Commander

[​IMG]

Dommage pour des palettes empilable!?

Wellingtoon and GEEKsogen like this.
  8. elmo

elmo Captain

Thanks Eleon. I was just on creative updating my HV tank with new thrusters etc and building a new starter base. I can now put them to good use on a new game start..

spacefarmer likes this.
  9. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Thanks for the update, lots of good stuff! :)

Scoob.

spacefarmer likes this.
  10. Sofianinho

Sofianinho Captain

Ils ne sont clairement pas fait pour ça, alors je vois pas pourquoi tu voudrais les empiler.

Wellingtoon likes this.
  11. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

:D:D
    Master Bratac's weird Ideas

spacefarmer and Sofianinho like this.
  12. Atola

Atola Commander

With the HV thrust update we are going to need more HV Jet engine models (I assume in work?) - They went from being the worst thing to use to the best.
    Also I think it would be more interesting if one thruster had the best Thrust/mass (for side and front thrusters) while another had the best Thrust/energy in (rear thrusters). Say by increasing the jet mass to 800. I do see that have the Jet be the clear winner means more of a separation between beginner and later game HVs

Current Stats below.

HV Thrust.JPG

13. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Somebody read your post ... and changed the picture;):D

14. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

We are less than a year close to the end of support for windows 7 and most of us do not want to migrate to Candy Crash OS Windows 10. Please Eleon consider a version that runs on Linux please.

15. Luzillus

Luzillus Lieutenant

I dont know why you think Win 10 is a Candy Crash OS. In my Opinion is this the best OS for Gamer. Yes, you have a lot of work to safe your Privacy after the Installation. But if You Done this, Win 10 x64 Pro is super stable. And EGS Use not more than 8GB Memory and run very stable, smooth a.s.o. But each his own...

Marty, spacefarmer and born4poker like this.
  16. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

Just because they wont feel the need to push needless updates... doesn't mean Win7 is going to magically stop working the day they stop pushing updates.

They stopped supporting XP eons ago, and that OS is still functional for what it does (ugly, but functional).

Win10 is not all that bad though, its got its edges, but so does Win7. And its not like it was when it first launched, thats for sure.

Apple depreciates its OS every 6 months with a whole new version.... yet people still run on the older versions just fine. Hell, I have a production machine running 10.6.8 which is more stable and predictable than my 10.14 unit.

Same is with my Win7 vs my Win10. I will hold onto Win7 for awhile after they 'stop supporting it'.

EDIT: Actually this is entirely Off Topic, so I will not add anymore responses on this subject.

Marty and flannan like this.
  17. Relo@d

[email protected] Lieutenant

Please help :)

We have a 9.3.1 dedicated server. Do we need a clean restart to use 9.4 or just update?

And how to set the clien to run older version (9.3.1) when it just got the update 9.4?

18. FRAGaLOT

FRAGaLOT Captain

Unless Eleon plans on dropping support for Windows 7, you can keep using it to play Empyrion.

19. FUE DENIS

FUE DENIS Commander

La nourriture pourrit dans les frigos allumé.

20. Taelyn™

Taelyn™ Administrator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    • Administrator
    U dont need a new save. U can just continue.

No u cant go back to 9.3.1

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.