Alpha 9.4: General Update

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by EleonGameStudios, Feb 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taelyn™

Taelyn™ Administrator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    • Administrator
    If u put it on its on.

Creative not that i know off

2. Philipp

Philipp Captain

3. frank walls

frank walls Lieutenant

Love Windows 10. I've had a few games freeze from time to time (the games fault), but never had Windows crash. My PC is custom built though, so that may be a factor.

Marty likes this.
  4. Atola

Atola Commander

Exact same experience myself, maybe for the same reason... I based my build of of this site https://www.build-gaming-computers.com/ - of course my build is long gone by now as its been over a year.

Marty likes this.
  5. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

I noticed that Copper deposits look like Iron Deposits from a texture standpoint again. Seems like this older bug has crept back in. In my prior 9.x start, deposits appeared to have the appropriate texture. I've not mined any others yet this start.

Scoob.

mR_kAt likes this.
  6. Reznik75

Reznik75 Lieutenant

I've seen this with rocks at the edge of the water lately... leaves a square 'hole' in the water when harvested... volumetric water will bring a whole new level to the game!

Philipp likes this.
  7. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

A lot of awesome changes! Love the new block shapes and excited to see more added. :D

Just to clarify, mass currently affects vessels but does not affect the player.

Sofianinho likes this.
  8. Taelyn™

Taelyn™ Administrator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    • Administrator
    Not a bug. Only 15 textures can be used. 12 or 13 are used to make the planet look nice underground layers and such. So 3 or 2 stay left for the voxel deposits. U cant setup all the ores so if they ain't setup they use a fall back texture. And that's what u see, grey iron looking

malrose1 and Germanicus like this.
  9. Philipp

Philipp Captain

are those the child-numbers in terrain.ecf ?
    So if i only have 15 children there, i'm fine?

10. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Here's an odd one...

So, I made a small BA - actually a repurposed "Submerged Tank" POI - I add a Capacitor and three Solar Panels and also a Fuel Tank to dump a load of Fuel Packs I'd found into - I did not build a Generator, as materials were scarce and Solar Power was ample.

Anyway, I'm just getting ready to relocate - I have a MUCH better HV for hauling stuff now - and I thought I'd withdraw the fuel I put in. However, I cannot withdraw all of it! I put enough Large Fuel Packs in to almost fill it, it was showing 87% full and I could not add another Large Fuel Pack. Which, looking back isn't actually right. A single small Fuel Tank can take 1,200 units, a Large Fuel Pack is 150 units meaning eight Large Fuel Packs should have filled it perfectly, but it only got it to 87% & unable to add more.

This explains that when I came to withdraw the Fuel, I only got 34 Small Fuel Packs back, with some change in the tank - not enough to withdraw.

Is there any logical explanation for this? I know a Capacitor is sort of a Generator in that it provides power when charged, but why would it be using fuel? Most odd eh?

Scoob.

11. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Ah, I didn't know that. So, my prior game having the "correct" textures was likely due to the makeup of the terrain then? Interestingly, the layer of rock above the actual Copper deposit does look like the "Copper" texture I've seen before lol. Do you think this 15 texture limit will change in the future? I'm assuming this is a Unity thing rather than a game thing?

Scoob.

12. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

On another note... the Deco items outside the "Burial Chamber" POI are all floating:

Survival - 9.4.0 1175_2019-02-11_23-48-10.png

This might simply be luck of the placement, so to speak, i.e. it depends on the underlying terrain...though I thought the new filler block thingies helped with that?

When picked, most of the Deco items are harvestable plants, they collapse, failing SE it seems.

Scoob.

13. Taelyn™

Taelyn™ Administrator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    • Administrator
    Yes

It's a downside of the terrain shader we use since 8.x. makes the planet's look way better but limited numbers to use. I dont know if it changes soon guess that's up to Unity.

There are some fuel issues were investigating check the bug section if this is one of them.

Think we just got a bug report about this

Philipp likes this.
  14. The Purple Tail

The Purple Tail Lieutenant

Pretty happy with this update (and 9.4 while it was in the experimental branch). I've said it before and I'll say it again, two things I'd /really/ like to see added are a small built-in storage container for the motorcycle (around the player capacity, perhaps ~600SU?).

And another "pre-built" vehicle like a small Hummer/Hum-Vee type 4-wheel drive rugged all-terrain vehicle. Something that doesn't have any weapons or designed for such, but 1-2 seats plus some decent built in storage (maybe 1,200SU or so?). It'd make a good bridging element for players that want a very basic vehicle for getting around and hauling small amounts of resources and/or loot, but not going to replace the expand-ability and function of even the most basic HV.

On that note as a counter-point, I've built a ton of super basic level-5 unlock HVs with minimal resources (literally just the necessary components to move around and no framework), but that is still pushing 60-80 iron, copper and silicon. Having some kind of basic, static vehicle just to get around and haul materials would be really nice, even if you can't de-construct it with a multi-tool to regain some of the early game invested materials.

15. Taelyn™

Taelyn™ Administrator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    • Administrator
    Is requested already to get a 300SU storage :)

16. The Purple Tail

The Purple Tail Lieutenant

OH. Well that's pretty huge :D looking forward to /that/ specific update! I hope there will be some flags in the config.ecf so we can set those values on the client side.

Taelyn™ likes this.
  17. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Thanks for the replies @Taelyn and for being so active in this thread - very helpful!

Still getting my head around Volumes and Weights, just got caught out when my Constructor built something that didn't fit in the assigned cargo space, but still got placed there. This lead to stuff having to be dropped when attempting to move it to my linked quick bar. Going to build more storage extensions as soon as I'm able.

While it's painful at times, more in regards to getting accustomed to it, I do really like this system. When I looted a Combat Steel block and my light HV crashed to the ground was hilarious! Note to self: don't do that with an SV I'm standing on... :)

Scoob.

vscuorzo and The Purple Tail like this.
  18. Taelyn™

Taelyn™ Administrator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    • Administrator
    Iam trying my best + i cant sleep anyway :p

Ye it brings a different way of playing the game. Haveing it "on" on my server aswell
    Insteed of just hoarding u actually need to think =)

19. mR_kAt

mR_kAt Captain

In the future will it be possible to toggle off and on the "Hitpoint/Level" Bar above the enemy's head?

I keep asking this every build but don't get any idea if it is in the works or not yet.

It's a really annoying "feature" and it would be nice if a key binding in the game could turn it on and off so you can aim easier. In addition, for a survival game, the bar can really ruin immersion. I don't want to know how close my target is to death, it ruins the suspense.

If it is not possible to add a toggle in game, then maybe give us an option to have it on or off via a .cfg file or in the main menu? What is the entire point of the bar anyhow (if only to see how hard an enemy is, which should be learned through gameplay, not handed to you on a silver platter).

I can see it used as a learning too for beginners but for veteran players, the bar just gets in the way of targeting when enemies are in large groups. It makes the HUD really busy and too crowded. The neon colors, not to mention the flashing lights in the game are a stimulation overload as it is.

It gives the overall look of the game an unrealistic feel and reminds me of the color pallet of World of Warcraft. Sometimes less is more. ;3

Wellingtoon likes this.
  20. NimrodX

NimrodX Commander

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.