Alpha 9.4: General Update

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by EleonGameStudios, Feb 11, 2019 at 7:03 AM.

1. Philipp

Philipp Commander

would it be possible to deactivate the despawn of motorcycles for singleplayer in the future?

krazzykid2006 likes this.
  2. krazzykid2006

krazzykid2006 Captain

I would hope that they would at least increase the despawn timer IF they give the bike a storage in the future. I know I would be pretty upset if I had things stored in my bike and it just poofed 15 minutes later.

They could at least export the despawn timer to the config file so we can modify it how we please.

Philipp likes this.
  3. geostar1024

geostar1024 Rear Admiral

Or, at the very least, not just not despawn a bike that had things stored in it.

4. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

The pallets are a very very very nice TOUCH and I love the extra spaces added for future blocks

ravien_ff likes this.
  5. krazzykid2006

krazzykid2006 Captain

True, if for SP only. Otherwise we are back to the old issue of people parking hundreds of them on PVE planets on servers. I can remember a time when people intentionally did stuff like this to crash clients due to rendering.
    Now they would just have to put something in it, like a single crushed stone.

Whereas if they simply export the timer to the config file then it's up to the individual for SP and up to the admin for servers.
    Or add in a setting to the difficulty screen, or a line in the gameoptions.yaml just like the DespawnEscapePod: true/false.

6. Wayson

Wayson Lieutenant

With regard to BLOCK SHAPES...Its about time, thank you for finally adding those few "KEY" "MISSING" Block Shapes Eleon!!!!!!

Sofianinho likes this.
  7. geostar1024

geostar1024 Rear Admiral

True. Well, I guess another solution (for all terrain placeables) would be to remember who last placed it, and set some kind of limit on the number of them that any given player could place (or maybe set a despawn timer for the oldest one when going over the limit).

But, in any case, I agree about somehow letting SP players and server admins interact with this setting on a per-game basis.

8. jesterjunk

jesterjunk Commander

‌‌
    The icon for the Teleporter still looks like the old model of the Teleporter.

2019-02-11_234200.png
    ‌‌ ​

9. xmacleod

xmacleod Ensign

EGS runs on Unity. I've worked with Unity; you can make a Linux version by basically clicking "compile for Linux." I believe EAC is the limiting factor here preventing it from running on Linux. Or maybe it's another factor that only the devs know about. Or multiple factors. I'm not claiming to be an expert; I just know that by default, basic Unity projects can be compiled for a number of platforms without any extra work. KSP is an example of a Unity game that runs equally well across platforms.
    ---
    I for one would be ecstatic for a Linux client of the game, even if EAC was left out. I run my server without it enabled anyway.

I would also be just as ecstatic if there was a Linux server application available. I run a Windows Server 2012 VM for the sole purpose of running EGS, and speaking entirely for myself, find it incredibly difficult to automate and integrate with the rest of my environment, and I would love to power down that Windows VM. I'm professionally a Unix/Linux engineer and know very little about Windows, so this may likely be a problem of my own. Nevertheless, I'm sure the desire for a Linux server is quite strong amongst server admins.

I digress. I'm not going to leave just because it's Windows-only, but I sure would be pleased if there were options. :)
    Apologies for not quite being on the 9.4 topic, but it seemed as good a time as any to put forth my opinions and viewpoint since there was already some rumblings.

Moonsugar and flannan like this.
  10. Taelyn

Taelyn Moderator
    Staff Member

No such things is in the work afaik

11. Taelyn

Taelyn Moderator
    Staff Member

Cause the icon isnt updated yet

Gainesterism likes this.
  12. Taelyn

Taelyn Moderator
    Staff Member

It doesnt work that way.

The code is defently different. Eleon is a small team. No time to code two platforms for now

Without EAC? No thanks thats just asking for cheaters

13. Taelyn

Taelyn Moderator
    Staff Member

For performance reasons no

As server owner : would be nice to define our own timers in the config.ecf

Philipp likes this.
  14. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

According to Empyrion on Proton DB the caveat seems to be EAC

protonDB.jpg

Nevertheless your replies gave us more insight about the matter. It would be if it will ever be allowed for players to play Empyrion on Linux. Thank you.

Taelyn likes this.
  15. Taelyn

Taelyn Moderator
    Staff Member

Don't give your hopes up, perhaps in time things change to get Linux added. Afterall its on our wish list =)

Moonsugar and Myrmidon like this.
  16. J5Dev

J5Dev Ensign

Another option would be to still have it on a timer, which can be configured but only up to a certain limit. If it despawns with items in it, simply handle it the same as a destroyed container with items in it, and drop a temp loot container, which itself has a timer.

Wouldn't meet all required use cases, but would certainly meet a good portion of them.

Sofianinho likes this.
  17. Space Beagle

Space Beagle Captain

Now I want nice functional model for bed (or two) for SV/HV, 'cause I want to live hard on the road - RV style!
    C'mon make it happen in next build, simply reuse new mattress & pillow from new 'sofa' and make one SV Decco with 2x4x1 or 1x3x1 block size :cool:

Empyrion Spaceballs Eagle 5 needs it* :D
    (*not shawn on picture, fake Lego one used for forum deco purpose)

[​IMG]

18. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Likely a silly question, but when did Steel Blocks become pre-textured? In my prior 9.x start placing a Steel block gave a clean, textureless block. Now when I place them they're pre-textured... I just placed a few to patch up the "Very Old Base" POI I'd taken over in my fresh start. I just reloaded to save to confirm it didn't change.

Scoob.

19. Taelyn

Taelyn Moderator
    Staff Member

Start of A9 i believe

20. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Really? Lol. From the earliest Experimental or a little later? My last game was actually started in version 9.0.1 build 2053. Perhaps I've become texture blind in my old age lol.

Scoob.