Alpha 9.4: General Update

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by EleonGameStudios, Feb 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taelyn

Taelyn Moderator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Dont recall exactly when :)

2. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Cool. I'll continue pretending that that early version didn't have it and I'm not going mad then lol.

Scoob.

3. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

4. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

Yeah, I had noticed the default steel texture changed from smooth to paneled at some point there in the middle of A9. I got balked at that it "had been that way for a seriously long time" ... so I said "whatever, I still don't like it, and its news to me".

5. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Thanks @Germanicus - I don't mind, though it'd be nice if I could select which texture when I place the block. Perhaps have an option to have placed blocks take the current Texture / Colour tool's settings for a given block type...just an extra check box.

Scoob.

6. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Ok, here's something odd, maybe someone can advise?

I've got a symmetrical HV and I've just added some additional Cargo Extensions and some more Hover Engines. However, now when I add items it MASSIVELY tilts to the right, making it unpilotable. Why would this be? Do Cargo Extensions not evenly distribute the load then? I've collected some heavy items, like CV Thruster blocks but I thought the load should be evenly distributed.

Note: HV is 100% symmetrical other than having a Fridge one side and a Wireless Connection the other. Cargo control block and extensions are 100% symmetrical.

I could widen the HV, adding more Hover Engines, but it really has no valid reason I can see to tilt like this unless Cargo is not evenly distributed.

Scoob.

7. Moonsugar

Moonsugar Rear Admiral

Each cargo space should fill itself evenly distributed to its own geometry. Several spaces, however, wont distribute their load amongst them, so the ship will heel.

8. krazzykid2006

krazzykid2006 Captain

See this thread. I was able to reproduce the OP's issue perfectly and even provide a save with a stripped down version, but @Hummel-o-War was unable to see what we were showing him.
    https://empyriononline.com/threads/...-added-under-weight-volume.47561/#post-294136

The OP of that thread had the exact same issue you are describing and it was reproducible for me with their blueprint.

9. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Thanks @krazzykid2006 - let me test a Save / reload cycle and see if the issue is still present. If it is, I'll add my save to that report.

Edit: I can recreate it, uploading save now.

Edit 2: I've added my save to that report, hopefully it's of use.

Scoob.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
  10. IronCartographer

Look in the N menu at the Lock button; use it while targeting a block with the texture/color you desire to set as default.

11. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

I thought that was a Creative only thing? I'll try it!

Regarding my HV. If I add four of the T2 Hover Engines it then hovers evenly. I wonder if the bug is that the six T1 Hover Engines shouldn't have been able to lift it at all?

Scoob.

12. IronCartographer

Huh. If it is, it really shouldn't be.

13. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Many of the "n" menu controls are greyed out in Survival, as I only really build in Survival mode, I'm unfamiliar with most of them.

Scoob.

14. MidasGunhazard

MidasGunhazard Captain

I think the recalculation of volume on cargo extensions needs to either be way more generous, or it needs to offset other values like weight of the block. Currently having cargo extensions any smaller than a solid block is purely a penalty. It's not any lighter, it doesn't cost any less materials, it just gives you less space for no benefit. This is basically punishing a player for using a creative design as opposed to a cube, and I don't feel that's a reasonable direction for this kind of game.

If the volume storage of blocks is going to scale down with the block shape used, then at the VERY LEAST the weight of the block added to the ship's overall mass should also scale down too.

IronCartographer likes this.
  15. krazzykid2006

krazzykid2006 Captain

It would also be nice if the power requirements scaled down with the reduced storage as well.

16. VISION305

VISION305 Captain

Any plans on updating the look of skies and clouds? Especially the clouds.
    Also any plans to be able to mod or change the skybox for space? I am one of those people who would like space to look more like dark.

Needleship, Sofianinho and ravien_ff like this.
  17. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Me too. I like some of the pretty bright nebula but they don't fit in with every space playfield. Darker options would be awesome.

Sofianinho likes this.
  18. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

@Taelyn I just found out yesterday that Empyrion does not support steam cloud save. Wanted to continue my saved game on a laptop, but I had to copy the folder with USB stick. Any ideas/plans about that? Thank you in advance.

vscuorzo and Luzillus like this.
  19. Taelyn

Taelyn Moderator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    I can ask

Germanicus and Luzillus like this.
  20. Taelyn

Taelyn Moderator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Got an anwser. No, no plans for it.

Saves can become very big and only a few players would use it then with a small save

Frigidman likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.