Alpha 9.4: General Update

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by EleonGameStudios, Feb 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taelyn

Taelyn Moderator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Space is lacking allot compaired to planets.
    I guess this we be taken care of aswell at some point.
    How far it goes we can edit stuff idk

I think the same counts for clouds all can u change allot on the planets

Needleship, ravien_ff and Sofianinho like this.
  2. Taelyn

Taelyn Moderator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    The N menu can only be used in creative for every Obvious reasons

3. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

Fair enough. Thank you.

No. The N menu is useful in survival also, i.e. to help find and close o2 leaks in BAs and vessels that were hit by enemy fire. Also positioning a BA and showing structural integrity is a feature that as a parameter takes the current surface the BA is spawn on.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
    IronCartographer and Germanicus like this.
  4. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

N = SI - > Shows which block you should not touch when dismantling a structure...Remember the "One-Block-Titan"-Disaster?
    N is a vital support mechanism on Arid Planets for Survival! Don't you dare to remove it!:)

Needleship and Frigidman like this.
  5. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

Agreed... the checkboxes part of the build menu are very helpful in survival, as all they are is to 'diagnose'.

However, Symmetry does work in Survival too... you just need enough blocks in your inventory to have it mirror.

Its all the 'copy paste selection' part of that Build Menu that should not work in Survival, since it would require an incredible amount of resources in the players inventory. And if they didnt have the resources, what then? A failed paste with missing stuff... god that would be a mess to clean up ;)

Germanicus likes this.
  6. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Symmetry and air-tightedness (I think I might have made that word up lol) are invaluable in Survival, particularly the former. The copy/paste and other disabled tools shouldn't be displayed at all in this game mode in my view. Only show what can be used. SI is important too of course, but it's still pretty hit and miss, with stuff collapsing despite being green. I still to this day get random, fully supported, blocks collapsing when placing blocks no where near with full green SI.

As we're on the subject, what I'd like to see is an overlay, similar to SI, that shows damaged blocks in red, with full health in green, perhaps those with over 75% health (for example) could be yellow, and only those below showing red. Before I get a repair bay up, my vessels are often taking damage that cannot easily be seen without inspecting every block, so a way to highlight this would be welcome.

Scoob.

7. vscuorzo

vscuorzo Commander

So I noticed yesterday that after returning to base from a long trip to the moon all of the food in my fridge went bad and my fuel was all used up despite having plenty of solar saved up. Has this been reported and is there a workaround? I think I saw somebody mention something like that.

8. Pantera

Pantera Moderator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Please retry in the latest release -> https://empyriononline.com/threads/alpha-9-4-hotfix-releases.47696/

9. AlbaN

AlbaN Commander

It's time for new tanks without wall of thrusters ;)

Btw any plans for different color or texture between container controllers minatures ?

10. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

I know it's been gone a while now, but why did the positive status effects - like the healing one when food levels are high - get removed? I liked the almost full = slow health regen one, and hoped more would be added in future. Of particular interest to me would be the ability to immunise against certain status effects for a while, so you only need worry about the pure damage done to you for a short while. Just wondering why positive status effects went away...unless I'm missing something.

On a somewhat related note (damage dealt) it makes sense that worn out armour gives zero protection, but is there any sort of scaling from 100% down to 0% when it comes to damage taken? I thought it'd be cool if fresh 100% armour got a damage reduction buff when above say 80% and this reduced steadily. I find myself often taking 50% damage from some critters simple melee attacks when wearing fresh Heavy Armour with Armour boosts, which seems a little excessive.

do recall at one point feeling like a walking tank while wearing heavy armour in an earlier game version, so things needed to be tweaked certainly, however, I find Heavy Armour does really feel that special any more and, often, I feel the agility bonus possible with the lighter sets of armour is more valuable. I.e. don't get hit in the first place > getting hit while in heavy armour.

Just wondering what people thought. I quite like being able to soak up more damage, but being slow and ponderous as a viable alternative to agility & dodging attacks - I notice that several critters, the desert worm to name one - still appears to be able to regularly hit me when I'm no where near, which does negate being nimble at the moment.

Of course, what we really need is a personal shield, so we can take a couple of hits, then allow it to recharge while not being hit. This would lend its self to being able to take the odd hit - but not sustained fire / hits - while remaining nimble. This shield would be able to recharge a number of times (after being hit) but would ultimate need recharging in the Armour Locker thingy...

Random things pop into my head far too often... lol.

Scoob.

11. Taelyn

Taelyn Moderator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    The check boxes of the N menu work in any game. They always did. That's the Debug menu just the same button

The cut and past not. And that is for very obvious reasons. Same reason mergestruct only works in creative aswell

Germanicus likes this.
  12. Track Driver

Track Driver Captain

I was about to suggest that "Container Controllers" should look like they have controls. Since you've gone ahead and done that, I won't bother.
    The new containers and pallets look great.

The new HV Thrusters are nice. Having them in slant and enclosed models would make them GREAT!

I'm decidedly NOT a fan of this new graduated mass/hitpoint system for hull blocks. Personally, I think it is an unnecessary attempt at reality in a game whose very premise is a suspension of reality. You might just as well list many of the partial blocks as "DECO"! I really don't see how this improves the game. To say the least, many of my designs that I thought were well protected are now highly vulnerable.

If you must have this graduated system, is it possible to have as an option?

Otherwise a great job.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
    The Purple Tail likes this.
  13. Track Driver

Track Driver Captain

I'd like to see the water get choppy and show white caps when the weather turns windy.

14. vscuorzo

vscuorzo Commander

Thanks, I'll try again when I can and report back. My specific issue isn't listed there but maybe what fixed the food processor bug fixed it. Looks like a few other issues I ran into are addressed with that build too.

15. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

I'd imagine visual effects like that are far far easier to implement than physically accurate water, so perhaps we'll get things like that first.

On another note: Has anyone else noticed how the Left inventory windows scrolls fine with the mouse wheels, whereas the Right inventory window doesn't, and we need to drag the scroll bar manually?

Scoob.

16. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

Please use the bugs forum for all the random oddities you come across. The spew in announcements is harder for them to track and tackle. And all of these things you bring up are important to fix if they are bugs.

17. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Just in the process of doing exactly that... I hadn't realised bug reporting had changed, though I was away from the game a little while there.

Scoob.

Frigidman likes this.
  18. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Sorry, another random query:

My understanding was that any starter planet will have the basic Iron, Copper Silicon and Promethium deposits with some surface Cobalt & Pentaxid in irradiated biomes, along with possibly some Gold in Oasis biomes. Then, the starter planets Moon should have the likes of Pentaxid deposits and surface nodes, Magnesium, Cobalt, Promethium and Neodymium. However, in my current fresh 9.4 start, the starting Arid planet's Moon ("Lodra Moon") has no Neodymium at all. This has largely scuppered my CV build plans as I cannot recover all the CV Thrusters from wrecks, due to them being in Polaris or Talon territory - I don't want to annoy these guys, but I might have to.

Perhaps it's just late and I'm being daft, but Neodymium on the starting planet's Moon is how things are supposed to be, right?

Scoob.

Track Driver likes this.
  19. Philipp

Philipp Commander

no i dont think so. you dont need neodymium to build a sv with a warp drive to go to other planets. As far as i have understand, with your starter planet + starter moon you should be able to build everything to get a sv with warp drive to go to other planets where you can get nedoymium to build a cv to go to more far away planets then.

20. krazzykid2006

krazzykid2006 Captain

Yeah, neodymium was removed from starters back when the SV warp drive was added to the game.

IronCartographer likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.