Alpha 9.4 - Hotfix Releases

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by EleonGameStudios, Feb 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Philipp

Philipp Commander

so for example i could say i let each temperate planet choose between 3 different music tracks, but after i started the game it will always play the one song that was chosen randomly of those 3 songs at the start, is that correct?

2. Taelyn

Taelyn Moderator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Yes

Philipp likes this.
  3. stanley bourdon

stanley bourdon Commander

Not if your server admin is determined to keep everything as vanilla as possible

4. stanley bourdon

that bites as to fully utilize a 320000su container you need to be storing things that have a stack su of 2500 or greater. For things that stack to 999, that is 2.502502502503 per item or greater. The only ingots are gold that has that much volume. The only oars are neo, sathium, E, Z, gold. Most of the compleated blocks do as well.

The issue is that the things you gather from a POI raid of a regenerating PIO do not. Steel plate hardened steel plate and lots of the miscellaneous bits and bobs.

Why in the name of all that makes sense would you introduce a new volume system, with all the heartache that produced, and then render it less than functional buy having the old volume system overlay it? This makes no sense the new volume system should always allow you to utilise all volume available.

You greatly annoyed lots of players by bringing in the new system and you greatly annoy the adopters of the new system (me at least) by not having it work as it seems it obviously should.

please reconsider

KuulKuum and Lizard_of_Fire like this.
  5. stanley bourdon

this

dpburke2 and Kargen Dracos like this.
  6. geostar1024

geostar1024 Rear Admiral

Stack sizes should really just be set to maximum now, since stack size is not relevant to balancing anymore (I've heard reports that stack sizes up to 50k are stable).

Frigidman likes this.
  7. krazzykid2006

krazzykid2006 Captain

Yep, 50k is the max attack size currently without it bugging out.

I agree, this should have been remedied in the very first patch. We still can't fully utilize the modular containers because of this.

8. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

I try to imagine a CV that has 5 Stack of 50k Ingots in its holds while the remaining parts of CV are empty to enable the ship to lift off:D

dpburke2 likes this.
  9. krazzykid2006

krazzykid2006 Captain

To be fair, I don't think they "need" to increase to the max of 50k, just that that IS the max we can set it to before it causes bugs.

I think we can all agree that something still needs to be done though. The recent doubling of the slot numbers helps, but it's still too little.

Either stack sizes need increased, or they need to make the slot numbers fully modular and infinite. Or both... since we're already limited by volume.

And I don't care that if people choose to not activate volume that they would then have infinite slots. Who cares? Those people choose to be unrealistic anyways.

10. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

I wouldn't say infinite slots. Rather an increase of slots by each Full Block Size CE added by a certain number.

dpburke2 likes this.
  11. geostar1024

geostar1024 Rear Admiral

That's not even 2 kt of iron ingots, which is easily lifted by an L thruster or a couple of M thrusters. 128 50k stacks would be ~32 kt, which can still be lifted easily by one XL thruster. 4096 slots would be great (~1 Mt of ingots :) ).

But why limit slots at all? Volume is what's important, not how items are grouped in an inventory.

12. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Especially trying to shuffle 2000 stacks into the BP-Factory:rolleyes:.

We live in limited times... Only the Universe knows no limit. Our Ships does. And so the available Volume to carry stuff.
    Over and out.

dpburke2 likes this.
  13. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

Maybe.... stack size be determined by a fraction of total volume, with an upward limit of course being 50k?

That way, something extremely heavy (warp drive), would have a smaller stack size...

Its all visual at this point though.

I do agree this '999' business needs to be put to rest once and for all. If anything but to sooth Tyrax's OCD.

14. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

The ideal sitation, is we get a hotkey to precisely pick up a specific amount (example: hold shift+right click, box opens, type in amount you want to transfer).
    But even if we don't, I still say that increasing stack sizes for common items is needed.

Increasing it to 10k would be a nice, even amount and easy to count. It would improve inventory management because you'll be looking at less icons total. Increasing it to 5k would also be an option.
    Increasing it to 8k would allow for easy evenly splitting of stacks (8k>4k>2k>1k>500>250>125), if there's no way to add an option to pick up a specific amount.

IronCartographer likes this.
  15. IronCartographer

Whoever made this graph needs [a /p]raise. This is the kind of fundamental consistency checking and thorough analysis/presentation required for sensible game development. :)

dpburke2, Sofianinho and ravien_ff like this.
  16. krazzykid2006

krazzykid2006 Captain

But why? You're limited by a max volume already.

It shouldn't just be a certain number of slots per extension, that still leaves us in the same boat of not being able to fully utilize all the volume. That should NEVER happen when we're limited by volume already.

geostar1024 and Kargen Dracos like this.
  17. ion_storm

ion_storm Captain

Guys, any time is a good time to move 00_cr.jpg to full shapes...

18. NimrodX

NimrodX Commander

Looks like you did what I figured you would do with the block HPs.

Haven't tried it out yet but I bet it will work out fine.

ravien_ff likes this.
  19. Inappropriate

Inappropriate Lieutenant

Just a hunch but try setting it to 65535 and see if it works. 65535 is the max value of an unsigned 16 bit int (aka a "short"). 50000 looks like this in binary: 1100 0011 0101 0000.

20. Garrett

Garrett Lieutenant

It isn't IMHO. Yes they've improved the blocks slightly but it has now gone from flying a triangle and class efficient vessel that's tissue paper and lasts just a few minutes against a decent POI, and even less in PVP, to double tissue paper and x2 the minutes. The whole point of the block change complaints has been completely missed I think. This needs to be changed back to the old way or you're just going to see more cubes which pushes up the surface area and screws up class efficiency. Why would you build any armor on a vessel unless it was the max HP per block?! That's the whole point of armor isn't it, to get the best defense possible for you and the important components within.

upload_2019-2-16_7-59-12.png

Case in point: this vessel is class 6 and triangle efficent - meaning that if any blocks are blown out to reveal a higher surface area and then increase the class size, it can handle that and not push the class size over the server restriction which would result in the vessel being taken. But with the new block changes, I have now lost 25% of the HP and in some places up to 50%. If your're trading a single block space for armor then it should be the max HP for that space even if the block is shaped.

Now if they want to make smaller blocks with less HP a half or even quarter space taken as the trade-off for lower HP, then that's a different matter......

I would really like an in-game poll for this if possible. Like the ones we get on HWS where it polls you when u log in. That way we will get a more accurate idea of the feeling about this change because not everyone reads this forum.

Thanks for reading and great job by the dev's (apart from this change) :)

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.