Alpha 9.4 - Hotfix Releases

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by EleonGameStudios, Feb 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Numonar

Numonar Lieutenant

After a lot of pray'n try i've managed to relocate a HV from CV to CV in SPACE. However,i do NOT recommend it ,and i don't wanna do it again either. A easier way would be veeery welcome!

IronCartographer and StyleBBQ like this.
  2. StyleBBQ

StyleBBQ Captain

EDIT2: just saw the "Alpha EXPERIMENTAL 9.4.0 - Hotfix 2" thread. Since I've opted into experimental guessing this was the wrong thread, oops! Hopefully a mod will tidy up as needed, apologies!

Hey all, noticed a few bits that a quick read through the 9.4 General & Bug, Known threads didn't reveal?

Small Block Hardened "Thin" blocks HP/Mass aren't in line with changes. (sry, doing this from memory, Armored or Hardened?)

The Half block is 75 HP and 12kg while the Full Cube is 200 HP & 32 kg.

Looks like all the 'old' "Thin" blocks are using the first pass of the "Using voxel shape of blocks to calculate their weight and hitpoints" calc?
    EDIT: just checked in Build 2282, Half is the same, Wall is 62HP 10kg, while the Corner Small A is 131 HP 21kg.
    Also, monir thing, but block info says they're upgradable to Combat Steel when pointing at a SV, though attempting to upgrade them on a SV says no further upgrades. Combat Steel only on HVs right?
    ---
    Another bit was the Hanger Door. Smallest masses 10t while the next size up shows 1.x-tons (slipped a decimal?); might just be the description, couldn't check mass on base since not enough granularity in displayed value.
    EDIT: just checked in Build 2282, Hanger 5x3=10.0t, 6x3= 1.20t (one point two tons)
    ---
    ---
    Couple others that I likely missed seeing mentioned;

Exiting of SV cockpit borked again. :) Using an enclosed cockpit whose rear is full open into a cabin, entering cockpit from cabin, on exit you're standing on the cockpit roof, not back to where you entered from.

Open SV cockpit; if no open area on sides, but area to rear is open, placing a single block at the rear base of the cockpit results in exiting into the cockpit itself, not simply another block back, which is where you entered from, requiring gm/stuck to free yourself.
    ???
    ???
    Large Block Cargo Extensions power draw. Is there a thread where this was/is getting discussed?

I've already editted Config.ecf so they only draw 1 PU, not 10. Saves me about 800 PU on my 'starter' CV... :eek:

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
  3. Numonar

Numonar Lieutenant

i've already brought this up, but it got ignored....
    the more the better i'd say :D

StyleBBQ likes this.
  4. StyleBBQ

StyleBBQ Captain

Oh yeah, it's brutal right now!

I don't normally mod things in Empyrion, mostly so I can report bugs, but this was enough to push me over to the Dark Side, heh. :)

5. Numonar

Numonar Lieutenant

I did have a go on 1-2 builds with cargo extensions, but the power draw stopt me quite quickly.
    And on small builds especially SV/HV i could't fit enough ammo capacity without changing size and shape drastically.And even if i did fit it in, i had no place for tooth paste and brush anymore.

6. StyleBBQ

StyleBBQ Captain

I really hoping further down the line that the 'physical connectivity' bits will be removed. Just lump sum of all available "SU's" then divy up to various Cargo Controllers.

Would make small builds a bit easier, though it's not likely anything other than individual 'rounds' ammo volumes will really address going from 1000 SUs in a Small Ammo Box to 125 SUs in the same space. And since "15mm" is always 15mm... heh :)

The Open Cockpit issue where placing a block at the rear breaks exiting, is really vexing. Last night I built a smallish warp SV. Piled Cargo Extensions for ammo up on either side of the open cockpit and planned to bridge the two side with the Cargo Ammo Controller right behind cockpit. derrrNope! Dangit. now I have two non-connected sides.. :(

For the 'main' storage I designed a U shaped array. Only managed 4000 SUs so it's looking like I'll need to use more Extensions as the roof blocks.

Even with the challenges though, I'm finding I'm quite a fan of Volume & Mass :)

7. Numonar

Numonar Lieutenant

i have 3 open cockpit builds both sv and hv and did not have any issue with it ?! and iam 100% sure they all have blocks behind the cockpit.

8. StyleBBQ

StyleBBQ Captain

hmm.. Are both sides blocked as well? In other words, the only viable place to enter/exit is directly behind?

Might be something in the Exp builds? I'll double check later tonight.

9. Numonar

Numonar Lieutenant

the only sides are blocked behind and half the sides. i'll add some pictures ......

10. jesterjunk

jesterjunk Commander

[​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
    Maverick241 likes this.
  11. Numonar

Numonar Lieutenant

I'm pretty sure that this belongs to the suggestion threat.

12. Numonar

Numonar Lieutenant

here are some open cockpits from sv's and hv's
    the first one, courtesy of H.P. Strangelove
    upload_2019-2-21_2-10-53.jpeg
    another hv..
    upload_2019-2-21_2-11-33.jpeg
    and a sv
    upload_2019-2-21_2-12-16.jpeg
    No problem with any of them yet.

StyleBBQ likes this.
  13. Numonar

Numonar Lieutenant

I doubt that this is possible, how would one cargo extension know if it belongs to ammo or just cargo ?! Unless, you have to specify each extension to a certand group, ... just NO.

StyleBBQ likes this.
  14. jesterjunk

jesterjunk Commander

Perhaps, but I am trying to get it more exposure.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
  15. vscuorzo

vscuorzo Lieutenant

I'd love to see their explanation of that because that makes no sense to me but it's possible depending on how they structured their code. Unless there's a limitation in Unity somehow I don't see why they couldn't change their code to accommodate this. I should probably take this topic to the ideas section though since it's not really patch related.

IronCartographer likes this.
  16. Google_Brox

Google_Brox Ensign

Please allow a way for server owners to turn off the voxel / block calculations.

This game doesn't need to rush to be 'realistic', until something along the lines of shield generators is implemented, people should be free to build their ships in different shapes and designs without having to sacrifice HP for PvP combat.

17. IronCartographer

The HP and Mass are still fairly proportional. You may be getting less hp for a given material cost when designing in style, but from a combat perspective not much has changed--aside from the fact that you actually lose blocks more often, so repairs are more costly ... hmm. Okay, that could add up fast.

18. SacredGlade

SacredGlade Commander

Are player BA Turrets almost redundant in Single player now?

Well into my latest single player run, using A9.4. Have a nice starter base, built with no real urgency or concern, as I am not being attacked. The only reason I can see to placing turrets, is to generate some drones to have a bit of fun with.

This feels such a regression from earlier versions of the game, where building your first base successfully, required some planning and preparation, to get eh turret defences up before the first drone waves attacked. In the early days of game ownership, you would not always make it and loose stuff. Now the sense of threat and forward planning has been removed.

19. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

@SacredGlade - I think the "Turrets trigger attacks" is a great option for a newer player, or one who wants to play on easier difficulty level. However, for a seasoned player / one who wants more of a challenge it does feel a little odd.

I recall earlier games I've had where I've had no choice but to use a Pistol or Assault Rifle to take out the first few Drone Waves sent against my base - great fun. This triggered me to build "Bunker" type bases early-game, with minimal area exposed to Drones. I also loved building "battlements" on my surface bases, so I had stuff to take cover behind. Fun times.

Of course, those of us who prefer a challenge can always pop up a turret, but that sorta defeats the point. We could, I assume, place a turret to trigger the attacks, then promptly remove it, but that's not Survival, that's simply artificially making things difficult when you have the perfect tech to counter them.

Personally, I'd LOVE a Server / Single Player option when we can tweak the Drone triggers as we see fit. All the way from no Drone Waves, through various trigger events such as n Turrets placed, n hours (minutes!) after Starter Block placement etc. I'd even go as far to ensure that captured POI's trigger proper Drone Waves and even parking in one place for a long time in an HV/SV or CV will trigger Drones (and Troop Transports) being sent to investigate.

That said, there are further features due in 9.x as I understand it surrounding Base assaults by the AI, so perhaps that will include more options. I've seen the new base assault mechanic demonstrated - @spanj did a short video on it, well worth a look - and it's BRUTAL. Such a squad being sent against a player parked up in the HV doing some mining would be...hilarious! :)

Scoob.

20. vscuorzo

vscuorzo Lieutenant

I agree that my base in A9.4 feels totally unthreatened despite zirax hating me and attacking me elsewhere on the planet with random drones. I built a turret shortly after converting a cabin POI into my base, expecting drones to come but I don't even keep the turret on because there's no action. I've been going out to raid things so it's not a big deal but I didn't have that early challenge this time around. Not sure if that's a bug or maybe intended based on the new faction changes.

SacredGlade likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.