Alpha 9.4 - Hotfix Releases

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by EleonGameStudios, Feb 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vscuorzo

vscuorzo Lieutenant

Do you know where that base assault demo video is? I'd like to see that. It'll definitely be fun to see more sophisticated base attacks when that gets implemented.

2. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

vscuorzo and SacredGlade like this.
  3. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Thanks for linking it @Germanicus - I only just saw @vscuorzo's post.

It's pretty brutal at the moment - I think "Base Attack" Zirax use special enhanced (aka uber damage) weapons, as they rip through base blocks in seconds. Hopefully a somewhat more balanced damage output will be in the final implementation. Sentry Turrets - which you'd assume were meant for this sort of thing - wouldn't last more than a couple of seconds of normal fire, let alone what these guys dish out.

Thought: I wonder if we'll gain additional "Sentry" type turrets with this change? Some time ago, I proposed a variety of such turrets, from the current one, to "Shotgun" sentries, excelling at close quarters, "Sniper" Sentries to take accurate pot shots at range, and even Lasers, Plasma and even Rockets if you're ok with some collateral damage when defending your base. The ideal of one of my "rocket sentries" blowing a hole in the floor and having the invaders fall to their deaths (via more turrets on the floor below) appeals to me lol.

Scoob.

MidareToushirou likes this.
  4. vscuorzo

vscuorzo Lieutenant

That's crazy. They definitely seem a bit overpowered but that attack style is pretty sweet. It'd be great to see more varied and progressively stronger attacks like that.

5. StyleBBQ

StyleBBQ Captain

Sry for delay in reply, rl right? :)
    Triple checked, replaced cockpit, tried both 1x3x3 models, removed glass, all had same issue...
    Bumping your toes against the fusia 'NO' block & entering cockpit is fine but on Exit you wind up stuck standing inside the cockpit block.
    [​IMG]
    (sry for the colors; wanted to make it easy to see relationships)

6. StyleBBQ

StyleBBQ Captain

The way I was thinking about was that Cargo Controllers & Extensions would add their SUs into a pool.
    EDIT: Meant "Control Panel" -not- the see-all F4 Logistics GUI, sry!
    Then in the Control Panel a simple window would list all the Controllers, and next to them would be 2 check boxes,
    one box for 'Default' {any added SUs & all non-assigned SUs are managed by the Controller w this checked}
    second box 'Player Assigned', when checked a field (or something) becomes available so the Player sets how many SUs that Controller manages.

Beyond being able to do away with the current need for "physical" connections, it would also remove the 'gap' requirements to seperate arrays.

Building would allow tucking extensions where ever they fit, and placing the Controllers where they make the most sense.

Example might be a CV where you managed to fit 50 Extensions; 400,000 SUs.
    You sort out the Crafting room and add in a Cargo Ore, Cargo General, Cargo Output & Cargo Ammo Controllers, another 32,000 SUs

In Control Panel you set Ore as Default, then assign 40,000 SUs to General, 20,000 to Output, and 10,000 SUs to Ammo.

Cargo Ore winds up with 362,000 which may be a problem : (400,000 + 32,000) - (40,000 + 20,000 + 10,000)

If the 320,000 SU per Controller limit is still required then the Control Panel might have a field for "Unassigned SUs [42,000]"

So, hopefully, it would never come down to players having to manually assign each and every Extension to a particular Controller. :)

Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
  7. SacredGlade

SacredGlade Commander

Talon PDA Missions - FEEDBACK

I have played through he Talon Mission for the first time. Really like the way the story has been developed since earlier Robison protocol versions. My favourite (but very small part) is new mine shaft/Stasis prison that you have to conduct the archology to find. This little part does show off the filler block well and its potential build possibilities.

Also I am on the Arid planet start, I thing the latest build of POI's and the distribution really gives a good atmosphere to the "Native" settlement.

- so in brief all positives!

8. SacredGlade

SacredGlade Commander

Space Station playfield - feedback

In the single player game. I have just thrown together a simple warp SV and I can see on the solar system map, that the nearby playfield is the "Roran Rho Station". The sector info lists Sathium Asteroids around the space station. Great! this is the only location I have soo far for raw Sathium, so I quickly warp to the Roran Rho Station playfield. However...

When I arrive, I am greeted with... nothing, no POI, no enemies, no asteroids - just a 360 sphere of empty space. The SV is equipped with a scanner. I fly around a bit in random directions and still nothing. I start to thing the playfield is bugged, so I then open the console and put in the map command - to my surprise there is a space station and asteroid in a cluster.

So my feedback is this, ether the space station should be very close to the warp in point or it should be immediately visible in some way (or perhaps a screen pop up to give you a hint). It is just not ideal to have an otherwise completely empty playfield that you could literally spend hours wandering about and find nothing. If there was a planet or moon, then you immediately have a go to reference point, but a blank empty void, well it is not fun.

EDIT: I am beginning to suspect that this space station location is part of the Polaris mission tree (which I have not completed). If so I can understand why it is hidden, but not that it is shown in the playfield name description and on the system map. If the intention is to link to the Polaris mission tree then the space station should not be shown on your system map/or playfield description name.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
  9. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Hey all :)

I thought cargo slots were supposed to increase dynamically now? I've got a container with 80,000 storage volume, yet it's "full" due to the number of slots used up - I have lots of different stuff in here, mostly salvage. It appears that 16 slot deep (by 8 slots wide) is the limit.

Are there any plans to extend this further, or is there some hard limit in place?

Note: I'm salvaging wreck and POI's so I've gained lots of limited stack items such as T1 CV Thrusters, which mounts up.

Scoob.

10. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

128 Slots Max Dynamic from 64 to 128 in steps of 8

11. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Ok, that ties with what I'm seeing - I guess that's the limit for now then. Ta.

On an unrelated note... Is it common to have a solar system with no Snow or Temperate planets what so ever? I'm getting just Arid, Lava and Alien ones in my current game.... I adore snow planets and had planned to set up base on such a planet, so feeling sad lol.

Also, I'm yet to find any Sathium or Neodymium in this game, yet I've been to ALL planets now...poor RNG luck?

Edit: Ok, the planet I just arrived on looked a bit like an Alien planet from orbit, but is listed as Temperate. However, it looks more like a classic Swamp planet to me, as it's mostly swamp so far with proper submerged forests...looks pretty cool...no snow planet cool, but pretty good.

Scoob.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2019
    Numonar likes this.
  12. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

They changed some of the Temperate Planets to a mixture of Temperate and Snow...came across one such Planet and wondered if it is a new type. Legio X_2019-02-09_10-33-59.png

I love the Swamp Planet.

13. GoldDragon

GoldDragon Captain

There has been snow on temperate planets (at least on mountaintops) since I started playing, but if it's been moved...

14. Taelyn

Taelyn Moderator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    There are threads about it. And no, no plans to scale it down. Increased Volume boxes comes at a cost. We might scale it down in the future a lil bit but atm it stays as it is

15. Taelyn

Taelyn Moderator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    The whole DroneAttack stuff is going to be removed in A10. A whole new way will replace it.

U can test it in the BaseAttackScenario. Just remove the .hide.txt file
    Keep in mind its already way more enhanced behind the screens

16. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

I just started a new Shadows of Starlight (?) Scenario - not tried this in an age - and I notice that it doesn't appear to be Volume/Weight enabled...unless I missed an option somewhere? Can I tweak this mid-game if I missed something?

Scoob.

17. Taelyn

Taelyn Moderator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Edit the gameoptions.yaml in your save game

18. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

You know, I thought editing that after you'd started the game didn't work....must have remembered wrong...will edit my save shortly.

Scoob.

19. krazzykid2006

krazzykid2006 Captain

It doesn't work if you edit it in the scenario folder after starting a new game. The one in the save folder will make the changes the next time you load the save.

20. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Yeah, I knew about that, but thanks. I just recall having issues editing the save in the past...though that was a long time ago. I don't really do much tweaking these days.

Scoob.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.