Alpha 9.5: Armored Cockpits, New Planet, Advanced Game Start

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by EleonGameStudios, Mar 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EleonGameStudios

EleonGameStudios Developer
    Staff Member

• Developer
    [​IMG]

Hi Galactic Survivalists,

To sweeten the waiting time for Alpha 10, we decided to release Alpha 9.5 from the A9 branch with some goodies such as armored SV/HV cockpits, a new planet, an advanced game start for experienced players, bug fixes and more.

In addition, we are still working on preparing the code for the Unity 2018 upgrade. Unfortunately, it takes more time than expected.

For bug reports, please visit: https://empyriononline.com/threads/...ort-template-requirements-known-issues.47082/

Yours,

Emp Dev Team

----

CHANGELOG: Alpha 9.5.0 (Build 2294)

New Armored Cockpits (SV / HV):
    - Added armored cockpits for SV / HV that have much higher hitpoints than standard cockpits
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    - Armored cockpits can be upgraded from standard cockpits
    [​IMG]

Re-Balanced SV/HV Cockpits and other Cockpit Tweaks:
    - Slightly increased Hitpoints of most standard Cockpits
    - Reduced Hitpoints and Mass of both Open Cockpits considerably
    - Reduced Hitpoints and Mass of standard Closed Cockpit 05 to match size/block count relative to the others
    - Do not display old legacy cockpits anymore
    - Added max count of 2 for SV/HV cockpits (per group) - only active if enabled in gameoptions.yaml
    - Updated model of Cockpit 3 (less frames to have better visibility)

New Planet:
    - Added new Ocean Planet
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Improved Game Start:
    - Added alternative start on Temperate Planet (TemperateStarter2):
    [​IMG]
    Start in wreckage base with advanced equipment and no Tutorial (Robinson Protocol)
    > for experienced player who do not need the tutorial and who want to progress faster
    - Added Wreckage POI instead of JunkT2 so player has already a base earlier in game (only on Temperate Planet - Escape Pod start)
    - When Robinson Protocol is skipped, the player gets Portable Constructor, Motorbike and Detector
    - Added more info about starter planets in New Game Menu
    - Reduced amount of Crushed Stone needed to obtain Iron, Copper, Silicon Ore in Constructor
    - Added more rock resources in starter biomes to easier obtain Crushed Stone
    - Zirax POI is now sufficiently far away from JunkT2 / Wreckage

Other Changes:
    - More code preparations for Unity 2018 upgrade
    - Removed CPU Points from main page of Control Panel (now CPU Points are only displayed in Statistics window): It seems that some players were irritated by the prominent place CPU points had in the control panel.
    - Adapted info text in gameoptions_example.yaml to make clear that CPU Points is WIP
    - Decreased energy consumption of CC / CE (BACV: CC = 10PU. CE = 3PU, SVHV: CC = 3PU, CE = 1PU)
    - Updated terrain of moon playfields
    [​IMG]
    - Renamed "Body Temperature" into "Suit Temperature"
    - Added energy need for "Wireless Connection"
    - Added new (non-craftable) items for Trading:
    [​IMG]
    AlienOrganism, AncientRelics, Fertilizer, Leather, Liquors, LuxuryGoods, Narcotics, Optronics, RawDiamond, Robotics, ToxicWaste
    (items not yet used for traders in the Vanilla version but you can already use them for your custom scenarios)
    - Sun is now less flat to have better lighting in Creative Mode > Orbit
    - Added new yaml parameter "PlanetClass" which can be used to not display PDA chapters if multiple planets of the same type are available (see TemperateStarter and TemperateStarter2)
    - Exchanged PlantMonster with Creepy in PDA (Akua-Omicron Scenario)

Updated PDA Robinson Protocol:
    - Better integrated Wreckage into PDA Robinson Protocol
    - Updated information given for some PDA Info descriptions (e.g. Vessel building description)
    - Crushed Stone now also completes rock mining
    - Added references to Empyriopedia (Doctors Journal, Biologist Guide) in appropriate places
    - Removed info-reference about arid playfield in temperate playfield Robinson Protocol mission

Bug Fixes:
    - Fixed: Not possible to add blocks to a starter block placed on a Base surface
    - Fixed: Troop transporters constantly attacking player base
    - Fixed: Backpack sync exploit
    - Fixed: Creative Mode: cannot access POI after replacing NPC type core
    - Fixed: Mining rocks did not give XP
    - Fixed: Container Scrollbar cache makes smaller containers first rows sometimes inaccessible
    - Fixed: Survival tent destroyed when dropped and when picked up with inventory full
    - Fixed: Dropping Antenna Blocks did not give back any devices
    - Fixed: Problem that all devices displayed mass of 2kg in Control Panel
    - Fixed: Problem that MoonNascent playfield was always the same (fixed seed)
    - Fixed: Problem that under POI texture was changing between Forest and DeepForest on Temperate Planets
    - Fixed: Problem that lava fog was activated in all Lava playfields
    - Fixed: Colliders too wide on 2 sector map buttons

TiwBras, oz3n3u, Slimer and 29 others like this.
  2. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Woohoo!

I posted a comment on my scenario saying I was going to update it once 9.5 goes live, and then I noticed 9.5 had just gone live. :D

spacefarmer likes this.
  3. michaelhartman89

michaelhartman89 Rear Admiral

Good job with the non craftable trading items!!!! I am very pleased to see that, you have no idea. This is going to be huge for building an in game economy :)

4. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

What he said. :D

spacefarmer and michaelhartman89 like this.
  5. Cluascorp

Cluascorp Lieutenant

Looks good. Awesome work.

CyberMech, Sofianinho and ravien_ff like this.
  6. michaelhartman89

As for 10.0, I hope we see some serious progress with the npc's.

Crews and employees, mission log, quest designer (dungeons), programmable consoles and computer terminals, dialogue editors
    would be HUGE additions for creativity in the community. We would go from having small scenarios to entire empyrion storyline spin offs.

Crews and Employees: Referring to my thread @ https://empyriononline.com/threads/wishlist-for-npc-crews-and-npc-faction-members.28730/

Mission Log:
    A system similar to Skyrim or Mass Effect to track your progress on missions. I know the PDA does this currently, but this would really be more of a marketplace with advertisements for local jobs from major companies in the area. There could also be some coordinates or hints for the player to discover locations for new missions. These would only be accessible through talking with npcs in cantinas, mob bosses, etc

Quest Designer:
    Something easily set up with a nav system that can be linear or be made with multiple paths.

Talk to NPC > Find Coordinates for Dungeon Ransacking a Facility > locate Dungeon > Explore and Complete Dungeon > Final Boss > Reward: Lvl'ed or rare item

Programmable consoles:
    Being able to set up consoles linking to devices to manually control (on/off switch) constructors and other machines. There could be other scripting options available using LUA. This has nothing to do with replacing the "P" menu; this is more for the creative crowd to use in POI design and local buisnesses.

Computer Terminals:
    Something similar to Mass effect. It would be set set up similar to windows file design. You could set up categories or folders with sub categories. This would be instrumental in creating game lore and missions!

Dialogue Editors:
    Option to select any npc you place and write dialogue. This could be structured the same way as the terminals. Think of the way dialogue was structured in Knights of the old Republic, Fable, The Witcher or any non linear RPG made in the last 10 - 20 years it would be structured as:
    Initial greeting> several npc dialogue category options> your character response> npc response> End Conversation

Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
  7. pashOOk

pashOOk Ensign

Great update. thank you for doing.
    There are a couple of questions, the first is banal. Do you need to start the game again?
    Second about the new planet what is the depth of the oceans on it ?
    Will the oceans be so deep as to cause feelings of bottomlessness ?(subnautica ?)

D00mnoodle likes this.
  8. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

If you want the new planets or updates to the moons, yes.

They're pretty deep from what I saw.

michaelhartman89 likes this.
  9. Niolon

Niolon Ensign

Will the Ocean planet be added to the solar system generator? Not seeing it available as a type.

10. Furious Hellfire

Furious Hellfire Rear Admiral

@EleonGameStudios Thank you so much for the water planet ! this is awesome news for me for obvious reasons :D
    I am one of only 2 active boat builders in empyrion :p

Especially since i suggested it as a random planet to find or starter :)

Thanks again !

Supay, elmo, michaelhartman89 and 3 others like this.
  11. TNTBOY479

TNTBOY479 Commander

Hehe that front page title...
    Anyways looking forward to get online now!

12. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

You guys have really got to stop spawning 'wreckage' at offset 0... it looks terrible. Honor the original -1 settings and stop changing them back to zero!

mR_kAt likes this.
  13. michaelhartman89

Up Next:
    Fully functional NPC Fifth Element Cruise Lines :D

14. Thundercraft

Thundercraft Captain

Yay! Wonderful news!

Respectfully... Booo! I still use legacy cockpits! Indeed, I just redesigned a mining HV a few weeks ago for A9 with "Cockpit 7 (Legacy)":

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Why would I want to use an old legacy cockpit? Because this one is different from the others. It allows a wide view, especially directly in front and below. All other cockpits obscure what's directly in front and, especially, below. This is a mining HV, where being able to view what's below can be quite useful.

Yes, I do like the concept of an Armored cockpit and being able to upgrade a weaker cockpit. Even so, I want legacy cockpits available. I don't care about the fact that such cockpits can not be upgraded to an Armored version, I still think they should be available. I don't plan on intentionally taking this mining vessel into combat, anyway.

Respectfully... Booo!

First, this is misleading. Actually, you increased the energy consumption of the CCU for SV/HV. They used to draw only 1 PU, but now they draws 3 PU? By way of analogy, that's almost like the deceptive pricing scheme some retail stores pull by trying to advertise an item as "reduced price" when, in fact, the item first had it's price increased and then, almost immediately, had it's price "reduced" to a level above what it was originally.

As for the energy consumption of logistics for the CV:
    I do not mind the 10 PU for the CV CCU. But 3 PU is still way too high for CV CEU's. As mentioned in the power requirements topic, the A9 - Logistics, Virtual Toolbar, Modular Containers topic and elsewhere, the energy draw of Cargo Expansion Units is too much.

Consider this post:
    Even reduced from 10 PUs to 3 PUs (a 70% reduction), the energy for CV CEU's is definitely still a non-trivial amount. If it was reduced to 1 PU, then I'd (begrudgingly) find it acceptable. But, until they are officially "fixed" better, I'm definitely keeping my Config.ecf with the power draw of CV CEU's set to zero and the power draw of the SV/HV CCU's set to one. Hopefully, the devs will do a full examination and re-balance of the energy consumption of all devices before the game leaves Beta.

Respectfully... Booo!

As mentioned in the Power requirments & turn Healing Station & other devices off/on topic, the Please make energy vampires less of an issue topic and elsewhere, the game already has a lot of devices that should draw less power. Instead, as new power-consuming devices get added to the game and as old devices keep getting tweaked to consume more and more power (such as the Deconstructor being added and the Furnace, Large Constructor and Advanced Constructor consuming far more power in Alpha 8 and 9 than they did in Alpha 7), the power consumption of bases keeps increasing while players are forced to either refuel their base more often or build several separate bases as a workaround.

As such, I dislike seeing any device that used to require zero power suddenly given an energy need. For better game balance, I firmly believe that the devs should move in the opposite direction - reduce or even remove energy needs from certain devices.

Consider, also, how some players like to use multiple Wireless Connections in their base in order to (a) make it easier to access vehicle containers parked far from the base's center or in different locations or (b) as decorations, because the Wireless Connection looks so cool. I've even heard of a player placing a whole bunch of Wireless Connections on "poles" to give the visual impression of futuristic cell phone towers.

[Grumble...] I still say that the Plant Monster wasn't a bad creature and I can't understand why it was removed. What's wrong with having both the Plant Monster and the Creepy?

Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
  15. Thundercraft

Thundercraft Captain

You mean... building something like these? ;)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Space Beagle

Space Beagle Captain

Wellingtoon and Thundercraft like this.
  17. YBAX

YBAX Lieutenant

@EleonGameStudios please add in the next update something for the build part of the game... let me be more specific here... when we build something using the blueprint factory well... there is no factory... this is a bit of immersion braking for me and I guess for others... in the past there was a thing that you need to build a platform to spawn SV's and CV's but it is still kinda mehhh... add a type of device that emanates a particle beam that is constructing the blueprints like a 3D printer or something like that... is annoying to spawn something big or small out of thin air.

P.S I did make a similar post in the suggestion thread on steam a while ago, so I post here too cause I see you are more active here.
    Hope you and other players (that can back me up on this) find this suggestion interesting.

18. IndigoWyrd

IndigoWyrd Captain

Can we please have the legacy cockpits back, along with armored versions? Legacy #6 is one of my favorites for small attack craft.

mR_kAt and Wellingtoon like this.
  19. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

I hope it means that some new models are coming... like the ever-hoped-for "Standing" cockpits, and "Bubble" style...

[​IMG]

20. krazzykid2006

krazzykid2006 Rear Admiral

Can we please follow this up with changing the models of the current cockpits, please??

Most of the newer cockpits have braces and whatnot right in the players view.

mR_kAt and Wellingtoon like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.