Alpha 9.5: Armored Cockpits, New Planet, Advanced Game Start

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by EleonGameStudios, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Szaone

Szaone Lieutenant

Problems with coop (two players, server: my friend)

I have some very old and new problems in coop game. I have container extension "312000 volume" but my constructor see only 8000 ("Full")?.. but if i acces container controller it shows 312000. Any ideas? Another (old) bug: Game slows down to 14 fps when it rains. I think it happens near big bases. Another (very old) bug: Game slows down when i (or my friend) use multitool (Retrieve block, Salvage). Every impuls drops frames and couses lag. I'm not sure if it happens in enemy bases only. Another problem: Game eats entire graphic memory (2gb) even if i play with lowest graphic settings. Another bug: If a player die and respawn drones stay in the air and do nothing. Another bug: Sometimes animals spawn on their own dead bodies and jump on those as... Never mind^^ I want to report these bugs but i'm afraid that your moderator will say again: "NOT A BUG"... Facepalm.

Sry for my bad english.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
    Needleship likes this.
  2. Needleship

Needleship Master of Custom Terrain

Please report them. Even if it might be 'not a bug', it will give very valubable indication- - that this is confusing or prohibitive for the gameplay. :)
    ('Not a bug' is probably more rare than plain old bugs.)

- Not an native english speaker myself. - Could understand you. All is fine. :)

Szaone and vscuorzo like this.
  3. TK85

TK85 Captain

Is it intentional that it is not possible to continue games started in 9.4?
    (Intentional in the sense of not being a bug)

4. Taelyn

Taelyn Moderator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    write a bug report with the save game where this happens

For the other things, special the fps related and memory stuff. More comes in play then just the game,
    Also your hardware. If u have any log files from it please provide them

Same as the first. Save game with bug report

Szaone likes this.
  5. Taelyn

Taelyn Moderator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    afaik you should be able to continue a save game from A9.4

U can write a bug report and upload the save game in question

TK85 likes this.
  6. Flash Hendricks

Flash Hendricks Captain

I'm slightly confused by the reputation points system. The other day I was expanding my base, on neutral territory, and as I finished drilling out a new underground farming room, I got "+25 RP Zirax". Are our evil, alien overlords very keen on home improvements? Or am I being rewarded for pushing up property values on their planet?

On an unrelated Zirax topic: I've just tried the Polaris solo mission to kill 15 Zirax for the first time and am finding that most kills don't register. I've wasted two dozen at least, but the count is still 9. It seems as if only the guys in the blue-tinted suits count, not the more common red-tinted, but I may be imagining that. Anyone else seen this?

7. Taelyn

Taelyn Moderator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    U get every interval so many rep with the Zirax to a certain threshold level

Bug report with save game where this happens please :)

8. krazzykid2006

krazzykid2006 Captain

The +25 RP is for staying out of their territory while you are hostile standing. As soon as you go above hostile you no longer get the +25.

In the faction window if you hold your mouse over one of the NPC factions it will explain all of that.

9. Flash Hendricks

Flash Hendricks Captain

Many thanks

10. Flash Hendricks

Flash Hendricks Captain

Done. Thanks.

Taelyn likes this.
  11. TK85

TK85 Captain

It will not be necessary. I found and fixed the error, which was mine: I renamed the savegame source scenario. Just go back with the old name.

Anyway thanks, because that's when you told me it was a bug that I looked at what I had done.

Taelyn likes this.
  12. Alex 040677

Alex 040677 Ensign

Star Citizen - but I warn you that it is a game not yet released and it is under development ... practically still an alpha

iliapugach likes this.
  13. Flash Hendricks

Flash Hendricks Captain

I've been playing through 9.5 (after a long break). Once I finally got a CV, I went looking for exotic ores (Zac and Erestrum). First few planets, nada, then a few tiny Erestrum deposits, finally a medium one. About the 5th or 6th system I visited, I finally found Zac deposits -- ringed with Zirax rocket defenses that blew my hardened steel SV out of the sky in about 2 shots, leaving me hopping through the continuous fire rain (but not for long). Yikes!

This was "medium" difficulty. I'm curious to know whether I just got unlucky with the seed, or has Emp got a lot harder in the last few versions? When I first played (about alpha 5 or 6, if I remember rightly) Zac was only found on one lava planet (in the original Akua/Omicron scenario), where it was usually guarded by drones. A challenge, but hardly a nightmare. Then around alpha 8, it seemed to start popping up on temperate planets, sometimes accessible via SV (i.e. short warp jump). Seemed too easy. But now the pendulum has swung way back in the opposite direction (at least, in this game). Any thoughts?

14. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

You are referring to the Rocket Batteries on the new Barren Planet, don't You? It is a hard not to crack, and yes, it is most likely a Seed depending story. I have 11 Planets, 2 Asteroid Fields and a Space Station in my Solar System and, I believe, about 2 Planet with Erestrum, Zascosium and Sathium/Neodymium in large and very large deposits.
    X.Gemina_2019-03-16_20-34-06.png

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019 at 3:40 PM
  15. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

@Flash Hendricks Seed 145130 if you like to know. Btw., Hades is a VERY suitable name for the Alien Homeworld :D:D

16. Tarc Novar

Tarc Novar Lieutenant

I have been following Star Citizen for a long time. At this point, I refuse to buy any ship package. They have enough money to finish the game, yet they will not. So I wait.

17. SacredGlade

SacredGlade Commander

Yes i am enjoying the new single player challenge, my settings are for hard difficulty, but i would not consider that i am a expert at combat.

The rocket/anti air defences o tge metal anet are formidable. However once you find an apprach that works, well you have kinda figured out the puzzle. For me approaching in a sv hugging the terrain, allowed me to get close enough to remove a turret at a time.

The hardest part for me is working thriugh a poi on foot!

18. Szaone

Szaone Lieutenant

I would be nice if someone could tell me where to report bugs.^^

19. Taelyn

Taelyn Moderator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Szaone likes this.
  20. Maverick241

Maverick241 Commander

am I the only one waiting for another sneek preview? :rolleyes: