Alpha 9.7: Unity 2018.3

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by EleonGameStudios, Apr 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EleonGameStudios

EleonGameStudios Developer
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Update: April 23, 2019
    We are really sorry, but we had to temporarily revert back to Unity 2018.1 (Alpha 9.6 - Build 2307) since UNET causes some problems that we need to address first. Your save games should be fully compatible with Alpha 9.6.

Alpha 9.7 (Build 2316) will stay on the EXPERIMENTAL branch.

===========

Hi Galactic Survivalists!

Given that our Unity 2018.1 version finally seems to be stable, we released Alpha 9.7 where we upgraded the game engine to Unity 2018.3. For this upgrade, we had to switch the network protocol to Unity UNET.

Please let us know if you notice any problems in multiplayer.

==========

Changelog: Alpha 9.7 (Build 2316)

Changes:

- Upgraded game engine to Unity 2018.3
    - Switched network protocol to Unity UNET
    - Increased wait time for local coop server from 10 to 20 seconds
    - Improved telnet connection
    - Added PDA parameter ListVisibility to allow for previews of deactivated, invisible chapters. To help guide players to activation positions
    - Mod: Player inventory modifying requests don't respect open Logistic window showing that

Bug Fixes:
    - Fixed: Instant-Production speed does not trigger PDA checks when used in any constructor
    - Fixed: Broken inner glass texture on vessel cockpits for last damage state
    - Fixed: Sometimes consuming an item reduces body radiation
    - Fixed: Several internal exceptions

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
  2. Minotaur

Minotaur Ensign

No teases for Alpha 10?

TK85, Cleff, D00mnoodle and 2 others like this.
  3. Space Beagle

Space Beagle Captain

you have them on official Discord channel (if you didn't know) ;)

4. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

I was wondering the same myself about a little more information on Alpha 10 but maybe they're don't have have a tease picture ready yet.

5. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

So are they doing all the tease picture on Discord now ? I know Discord is popular but not everyone uses discord.

TK85, Siege Inc. and Frigidman like this.
  6. Taelyn

Taelyn Administrator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    • Administrator
    Ive released a couple there yes. Ill try to remind my self to post them here aswell next time :) Sorry forgot about it

7. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

ok I signed into my old Discord account. Haven't used it in a while. So will all teasers officially be done over on Discord now? Thank you for letting me know where they're at.

8. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

No need to apologize . You guys are busy developing a game. I doubt finding the perfect place to share pictures is at the top of your list right now. haha ;) . I have a old discord account that I signed into and I see them now.

Andipro, Grandirus and Taelyn like this.
  9. Powershard

Powershard Ensign

Between the two, forums and discord, I say discord is the better medium to share information.

You don't need the discord app to see discord, you don't need to download anything.
    There is a browser edition where you can join with whatever information given as login.

But then again, why are you a forum user and not a discord user?
    They are both free services, with the exception that discord has nearly EVERY game covered, these forums cover only for this game.

It is like my granny saying: "Why should I switch to something else, this 90's computer still serves me well!"
    Well of course granny, but you miss out on a lot of things and are behind your time.
    (for discord it is this: you don't need to make a forum account for every single forum you want to participate in. +the communication is in real time)

So the core problem is not discord, it is You not wanting to use it. People who are not on discord do not want to "install malware" or whatever other excuses there are.

I recommend to re-evaluate your values, same goes to businesses whose PR weighs on forum side and not reddit/discord. Because that's where the people are.

Ephoie likes this.
  10. Taelyn

Taelyn Administrator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    • Administrator
    Personaly iam more a discord guy. But some people said something about it on the Steam Forum. Some here.

Guess its the best if we releases the teasers on all 3 platforms

runlykhel, TK85, Sofianinho and 7 others like this.
  11. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

Oh first of all. I have a discord account but there is a thing called an OFFICIAL SITE . That Elon uses for official releases and up til now have always released teasers on this forum. Also other developers for popular games release teasers and official releases on their official SITE or STEAM as well. Also comparing an official site vs a platform which main function is for gamers to communicate and share info to someone using a 90s computer vs updated technology doesn't make sense. It's pretty much an apples to oranges comparison and doesn't make you sound as intelligent as you think it does. Also if you want to be accurate Discord is kind of a old service itself. It isn't anything new. So I believe the core of the problem is you in a failed attempt to sound intelligent you put ignorance on full display for the world to see . Oh well.. Have a nice day.

12. Powershard

Powershard Ensign

Oh.. sorry. I didn't mean to offend you, nothing I said was supposed to personal, I just used you as an example person.
    I understand your stance how eleon has done its things through the official site and it is true, it was not announced anywhere that "guys come and join our discord channel, we have more content there!"
    So of course I understand your frustration.
    But I want to say this however:
    "Official site" is an excuse of sorts, nobody uses official sites anymore as their first choice of selection for their source of information unless it is some blog text announcment hunting.
    People want information? They go reddit and/or discord.
    It is like a social wikipedia.
    People give you the source of information when needed when you ask for it.
    Majority of the time official websites have less information than the people given sources provide.

I personally hate forums for this excuse of mine: people are trolls, get offended easier because the method of communication gives you the "pause" of being mean to others.
    I never intended to be mean to you, you are not the granny in my message.
    Please I ask of you, don't insult my intelligence out of pure spite, I don't consider your sole opinion strong enough for me to believe it because I just see it as troublemaking because we are in the medium called "forums", the universe of hate.

You have a genuine nice day :)

Ephoie likes this.
  13. Kenny_66

Kenny_66 Lieutenant

Discord has it's uses for quick communication, Q&A, and updates.

Forums however are more organized and the search is (usually) much better at helping you find what you need.

Also, the major search engines can't scan Discord, so any Google searches you want to do to find something are only going to bring up whats in the forums.

Anymore you have to use both to keep up with everything.

TK85, Mireru, Frigidman and 2 others like this.
  14. Squelch

Squelch Lieutenant

The link on the menu bar of the forums takes us to the Empyrion Discord, but there is an invite to join the "Official" Empyrion - Galactic Survival Discord within. I do not see a similar announcement or invite here, on the forums, for what I too considered to be the main source of information.

I would prefer not to have to check multiple sources for news, or need to be logged into and constantly monitoring a chat application. "Merry Christmas" is the most recent item in the forum news section, and I dare say is a little out of date :)

Perhaps the Discord server could be announced here and the link updated?

15. Pantera

Pantera Moderator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Update: April 23, 2019
    We are really sorry, but we had to temporarily revert back to Unity 2018.1 (Alpha 9.6 - Build 2307) since UNET causes some problems that we need to address first. Your save games should be fully compatible with Alpha 9.6.

Alpha 9.7 (Build 2316) will stay on the EXPERIMENTAL branch.

Kassonnade and Grandirus like this.
  16. Squelch

Squelch Lieutenant

Thanks for the update, and good luck with finding the UNET/Unity upgrade issues.

17. vscuorzo

vscuorzo Commander

Agreed. From the perspective of a business there is rarely ever just one place to do anything. A business aims to make money which requires sales and customer engagement which in turn requires putting your company and product in front of as many people as you can (aka marketing). Even if most people are in one platform or location, if a significant amount are in another location then it's usually worth having a presence there too. In this case, that means duplicating things between here, steam, discord, and anywhere else Eleon's current or potential customers can be found. A little copy/paste can make that less painful.

18. vscuorzo

vscuorzo Commander

That sucks but hopefully you guys got the info you needed to fix the 2018.3 issues. Will 9.6 saves work in 9.7? It would be great if there was a way to migrate old saves so a full restart wouldn't be required as often.

19. Pantera

Pantera Moderator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    9.6 saves should work in 9.7. I haven't yet seen a example of a save not working when switching between either builds.

Kassonnade, vscuorzo and Germanicus like this.
  20. vscuorzo

vscuorzo Commander

Awesome, thanks. Haven't had much time to play lately and I finally got my last save to the point that I can work towards building a CV so I don't want to restart just yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.