Alpha EXPERIMENTAL 10.0.1: Hotfix

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by EleonGameStudios, Jun 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EleonGameStudios

EleonGameStudios Developer
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Hi Galactic Survivalists,

We just released the first hotfix for Alpha 10 to EXP. We plan to push it to the public branch tomorrow morning CEST.

CHANGELOG: Alpha EXPERIMENTAL 10.0.1 (Build 2507)

Bug Fixes:
    - Possible fix for missing chunks on connect to a server
    - Fixed: Definitions of new templates in Config.ecf didn't work in public builds
    - Fixed: Color Tool usage permission
    - Fixed: Setting Video quality to FAST by keeping Textures on MAX results in billboard issue and exception
    - Fixed: Possible exception when disconnecting from server running PDA.cs.
    - Fixed: Problem that turrets sometimes did not aim accurately
    - Fixed: Clone chamber: not possible to paint/texture below (Removed baseplate from MedicStation and ClonerStation and added a separate screen)
    - Fixed: Internal exception linked to Status Effects
    - Fixed: Cockpit 8 non armored has the same model as the armored version
    - Fixed: Internal exception found in logs

2. grg3d

grg3d Lieutenant

Hi Just asking....Will you be adding the PDA Missions for Akua/Omicron?

3. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

670 MB - rather large for a Hotfix! Thanks for the update though, downloading now :)

Scoob.

4. Pantera

Pantera Moderator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    imlarry425 and Pach like this.
  5. icehot

icehot Commander

been playing for just under an hour now, not noticed any devices disappearing so far!

Pach likes this.
  6. Pantera

Pantera Moderator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Thanks for checking it out

7. shargett2

shargett2 Commander

Anyone else getting this error when starting Empyrion?
    upload_2019-6-18_17-44-8.png
    The issue resolved itself. Not sure what the issue was.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
  8. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Just looking at my Base stats:

Generators 2 (one is a Solar Capacitor, the other a Small Generator)
    Max Output: 2.50 kPU
    Current Output: 7.5 kPU
    Consumption: 221 PU

Current > Max there.

Scoob.

9. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Here's a funny one...

I was flying my SV back to base after an excursion, when I saw my path home would intersect an old POI (Unknown Structure) I'd placed my own Core in a while ago and performed some partial disassembly. To prevent this POI cluttering up my list, I thought I'd land and reclaim the Core. However, the second I landed and got out of the SV, I got a Base Attack warning!

This is good as it proves captured POI's can be targetted - something I've wanted for ages - but sorta inelegant how it was implemented in this specific case. This POI is unarmed, has no generator, fuel tanks etc. yet is suddenly deemed a threat. I continued with my plan and recoverde the Core, only to be greeted with a message stating I'd been defeated (or words to that effect) and I'd need to take out the enemy Core to gain this base back again. There's no Core present. Also, the Troop Transport was still on its way - it'd not arrived at the base yet - so some calculation is a little premature there.

My query here is, when there are multiple player bases, which ones get picked for a Zirax assault? Additionally, I assume a base attack will only be sent against the Base a player is on these days? I know in prior versions (a while back) I could be on one base, only to have an attack launched at another base - the player only being aware when they get back to that other base / see Drones on the way to it.

Edit: Interestingly, the second I got out of the SV back at my main base, I got an attack warning again. This base is also small and totally undefended! Should be fun...wonder if the Zirax will see the CV parked out front...

Edit 2: ...Nope, they didn't :) I note that I saw the Troops Transport touch down, deposit just two Zirax troops, then take off again - it withstood six CV Cannon Turrets shooting it for probably a minute. While the Zirax Troops made a bee-line for the Base initially, they turned and went for me once I started shooting them. What I find odd, is where the Troop Transport landed there is now a fairly major excavation in the ground - though no troops were digging. Can the Troop Transport dig now??

Scoob.

10. RazzleWin

RazzleWin Captain

Oh Please! You have to come back and tell us what they do! :D

TK85 likes this.
  11. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

I was actually about to abandon this base and fly off in my CV. However, this is the first time the new base attacks have been triggered in my game - thanks for the fix! - so I'm digging in and fortifying now!

@Pantera - I've had no vanishing device issues so far and I was away from my base for an extended period, and circumnavigated the planet (without going into space) while I was away - which used to be the sure fire trigger for this bug...at least for me.

Scoob.

Pach likes this.
  12. imlarry425

imlarry425 Commander

Yup .. just a couple days ago- right after Microsoft pushed an update that required a reboot. The underlying software (Themida) is an obfuscation engine used to prevent decompiling code. I'm not sure if Steam requires it or Eleon chooses to use it but in either case it's a problem they're very aware of and hardly ever happens. In either case it isn't their problem until more of us encounter it. :) Since it is related to library signatures from update pushes to the OS the reports will come in like weather.
    https://empyriononline.com/threads/...occurred-while-hooking-dll.49973/#post-314211

13. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

I'm looking forward to the next Zirax attack... I'm low-tech, having not left the starting planet yet, but here's my updated base:

A10.0.0 2446_2019-06-19_01-20-30.png
    I've used some of the new block shapes added in A10 to give myself places to shoot from. I know this isn't as effective as the base's Cannon and Sentry Turrets, but it adds to the fun when I get to let off a few rounds personally :)

Currently at 48% attack chance, most of that from Reputation which is as low as it can be with the Zirax...bring it on.

Note: Zirax attacks seem to be coming from the East - to the left from the above perspective - hope that doesn't change, other side of base is soft and squishy normal concrete.

Any tips for raising the threat level of my Base?

Scoob.

Germanicus and Pach like this.
  14. [POEX]GosuYolo

[POEX]GosuYolo Lieutenant

I can not connect to server's with 10.0.0.0 I am hoping this hotfix work's. Something very strange is happening.
    upload_2019-6-18_20-9-16.png
    I can hear noises like I am in game but I only get that screen, can still access shortcuts like escape menu tech tree and toher's as shown above . No matter how many times I restart empyrion this happens. I can not even play unless single player :(

15. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    It would absolutely help to report these issue in the bug report forum, as no one might have seen this inconsistent behavior here ;)

Mojomann71 and Pach like this.
  16. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

I was going to see if I can re-create this before I do any sort of formal report. I've not been attacked since at my main base, so want to check if landing at another claimed POI triggers another attack. Now I'm looking for it, I can time a backup save just prior to a potential trigger event - ideal for a report. I had nothing to recreate the issue from last time of course.

@Hummel-o-War - I've managed to re-create this on another captured POI in my game - formal bug report submitted on the main A10 Bug report forum (not Exp)

Scoob.

17. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

As an aside, what's the best way to make my Bases look more threatening? I've added Turrets and gained a tiny amount, upped my energy output and gained a Tiny amount, more than doubled the size of my base and gained a tiny amount - by tiny I mean 0.something percent, no more. The only thing that increased it significantly was dropping my Zirax rep to the minimum.

This looks like a fun addition to the game, but I'm having problems actually triggering an attack outside of an exploit.

Scoob.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.