Alpha EXPERIMENTAL 10.0.3: Hotfix

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by EleonGameStudios, Jun 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EleonGameStudios

EleonGameStudios Developer
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Hi Galactic Survivalists,

We just released another update for Alpha 10 on the EXPERIMENTAL branch with more bug fixes and improvements.

CHANGELOG: Alpha EXPERIMENTAL 10.0.3 (Build 2514)

Changes:

- Base Attack: now base attack is not immediately executed when returning to a base
    - Added more variants of heavy doors
    - Added CubeHalf version of ventilator
    - Added ventilators to block group
    - Allow to make links in PDA clickable
    - SSG: scrolling/panning moves sector camera after sector generation click

Bug Fixes:
    - Fixed: [MP] Player taking damage through blocks (partly fixed: should be much better but can still happen in some use cases)
    - Fixed: Some item tooltips are cut at top or bottom of screen
    - Fixed: Thrusters will not idle when vessels are placed on a flat surface of a structure & docked to it
    - Fixed: Terrain-placeable devices can be placed inside each other's bounding box
    - Fixed: Problem collider problem with boarding ramp when closed: before player needed to jump over invisible border, now player can walk over border
    - Fixed: Wall Mounted sentry view clipping into wall and CAN shoot through wall (adapted camera position)
    - Fixed: When damaging Ventilator Thin it can become invisible
    - Fixed: Clipping problem when jumping inside Medic Station and Clone Chamber
    - Fixed: Some problems with turret aiming
    - Fixed: RenderTexture error message in logs (that was harmless)
    - Fixed: RakNetServer incorrect stats on player disconnect
    - Fixed: Planet life did try to load the same spawnpoint multiple times in certain situations
    - Fixed: Ranged animals did not always fire due to unprecise body rotation in time of firing, removed delay for spider03 attack animation
    - Fixed: SSG writing custom sector configs check color component values for culture invariance.

2. foxes

foxes Lieutenant

8 gigabytes of RAM are no longer the minimum requirements! Unable to play, game fails to start.

3. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Even with some other stuff like Firefox running in the Background my Laptop does not need more than 7 GB for EGS - 5GB EGS and 2 GB for Windows and "Friends"

4. foxes

foxes Lieutenant

I believe your SSD will quickly become unusable with such use.

5. Wayson

Wayson Commander

Greatly Expedited CHANGELOG, thanks Dev's!

6. KnowItAllDM

KnowItAllDM Commander

Great Job, Devs! Thanks for all your hard work! All the new changes and additions keep making my Ultimate IronMan scenarios more interesting!

7. SacredGlade

SacredGlade Captain

Keep squashing those bug! To me it feels as if A10 is more stable than A9 was at public release, so hear to see more and more bugs and anomalies being resolved.

D00mnoodle and Pach like this.
  8. Fossil

Fossil Lieutenant

An SSD isn't going to have a shorter lifespan because of RAM usage.

9. foxes

foxes Lieutenant

Ignoring the fact that the game uses more than 8GB of free space, and hence the swap on drive when 8GB ram, does not increase the life of the SSD drive.

Task Manager does not show how much total memory is used, only physical RAM memory.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2019
  10. arakan94

arakan94 Ensign

What are you on about? The game takes 4-5GB of RAM. If you have 8 GB of system RAM and do not run any other applications besides the game, you should be fine and experience no swapping to drive.

11. foxes

foxes Lieutenant

Already at the start of the game takes more than 6.5-7 gigabytes, and it is only physical memory that I can display, as well as all the others who have only 8GB ram can see only this. When you log into the game process begins to use swap for another 3-5 gigabytes every frame. The use of swap is not displayed in the Task Manager, there are also 6.5-7 gigabytes. For systems with memory greater than 8 GB, can see use beyond that.

if you reduce the size of the swap to 2 gigabytes you will no longer be able to play it will crash.

If you are running other applications using physical memory, you will reduce the memory size displayed in the task Manager of Empyrion.exe. But that doesn't mean it uses memory less.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2019
  12. Wayson

Wayson Commander

Thank goodness I am at 32 GB of RAM

13. [BB]Drifter

[BB]Drifter Lieutenant

Something seems very wrong with your setup or system. Even with players on my dedicated server I’m not using that much memory. SSD won’t care how much it’s used though since it has zero moving parts but that’s a non issue in this situation. Maybe others are having similar issues but I’ve noticed no issues with the latest update. I’m actually spawning in a “city” tonight of multiple prefabs just to see how it affects the system and resource usage since it will be wiped again soon anyways.

ravien_ff likes this.
  14. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    Can EVERYONE with a crash on startup PLEASE send in the Client.log or open a bug ticket? IF this is related to hardware it might be hard to track, BUT without the logs it is impossible to investigate the reasons at all :)

ButtonPusher likes this.
  15. chaser

chaser Ensign

11.jpg

Am I the only one with a feeling of déjà vu?

22.jpg

With all due respect!

16. foxes

foxes Lieutenant

Attached Files:

17. DragonHalo99

DragonHalo99 Commander

Good job devs! Patch has been pretty awesome. Haven't put much into it because me and buddy played factorio hardcore together. Will be putting some more time into the game tomorrow. I have to wonder though there's a recent review on EGS store page where the guys main problem with the game is it's missing the randomly generated solar systems and that got me wondering what that would be like once it makes it's way into the game in the future. Bought this game sep 1st 2015 so the games come an extremely long way since then.

18. ButtonPusher

ButtonPusher Captain

i see more people are noticing the game taking up more ram usage, kinda like the report i filed in bug section

19. arakan94

arakan94 Ensign

What is your game setting? When did you take that screenshot? My sister has only 8GBs of RAM and game works fine.

Also, in resource monitor, ignore the first number - that doesn't mean anything. What is important is the Working Set (KB). I'll show you screenshots from when I am in menu and in game (official server). Something seems to be seriously wrong with your system though.

In menu:
    menu.PNG

In game:
    game.PNG

20. wildboy

wildboy Commander

@EleonGameStudios
    Keep it up designteam nice details.

little less HP than a single door but love the design.

V10-2446cr_2019-06-23_16-10-19.png

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.