Alpha EXPERIMENTAL 10.2.0

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by EleonGameStudios, Jul 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EleonGameStudios

EleonGameStudios Developer
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Update: July 7, 2019 (Build 2526)

Bug Fixes:

- Fixed : When spawning in some blueprints they lose their device list & signals setup
    - Reverted for: When spawning in some blueprints they lose their device list & signals setup (fix had too many regressions)

========

Update: July 4, 2019 - Alpha EXPERIMENTAL 10.2.2 (Build 2524)

Changes:

- Tweaked Ocean Planet (eg water plane now at 60m and several other improvements) and re-added to random generation

Bug Fixes:
    - Fixed: Constructor production can exceed the volume capacity of assigned containers
    - Fixed: Missing localisation when repairing a vessel with a lock code in auto mode in R2B
    - Fixed: After making a BP of a structure at max size the center of it is moved when spawning the BP in.
    - Fixed: Resource Terrain as Bedrock logic

========

Update: July 3, 2019 - Alpha EXPERIMENTAL 10.2.1 (Build 2523)

Changes:
    - Refinement of C/T tool by adding "Remove" toggle > it is now possible to remove symbols without changing color or texture
    - Adjusted HP and Mass of new Cockpits (added with A10)
    - Adjusted HP of Armored Double Doors
    - Removed Reload Delay from Alien Turrets and Sentries
    - Increased Anti-Shield Effect for Plasma Turret and Plasma 2 Turret (doubled)
    - New Ion Turret (Alien) now has EMP effect that only damages Shields (significantly)
    - Increased recharge speed for SV Shield (2/3) and HV (1/3)
    - Renamed (only loca change): Ion Cannon (Alien) > Plasma Turret (Alien), Ion Cannon 2 (Alien) > Plasma Turret 2 (Alien)

Bug Fixes:
    - Fixed: [MP] Shield is regenerating after being hit
    - Fixed: Currently not possible to start building underwater
    - Fixed: MP RtoBP issue with template password auto repair option
    - Fixed: Playfield server boot timeout check, improved log output to see how long a pf server needs to boot / prepare

==========

Hi Galactic Survivalists,

We just released the EXPERIMENTAL version of Alpha 10.2. Please check it out. If there are no show stoppers, we are planning to push it to public on July 2.

CHANGELOG: Alpha EXPERIMENTAL 10.2.0 (Build 2521)

Updated Base Attack:
    - Base Attacks now depend on presence of drone base. If drone base has been destroyed or there is no drone base on a planet => no base attacks (see new label "Drone Base" in Stat window)
    - Base attack will now spawn 600m from the edge of the base (not from the center of it)
    - Display message when a drone base has been deactivated

Updated Behavior of Pangolin and Triceratops:
    > the old charging behavior was removed where the animal tried to run over the position of the player in a straight line, causing damage along the way. This did not always work and sometimes lead to player damage without visible reason
    > New behavior:
    when calm:
    - the animals use the same behavior as for example Parasaur - wandering the land, considering the terrain and avoiding buildings
    - if they see player, they currently ignore him.
    when shot:
    - they run to the player and then use melee attack with occasional roars
    - the range of pangolin attack was reduced from 7 to 4 meters (it is possible to evade the attack)

Changes:
    - Internal optimizations
    - Increased render distance of thruster and mounted weapons
    - Apply click-able links to PDA Window Description panel.
    - Slight color improvements on planet map
    - PdaWindow: add format option to yaml to allow to print mapped hotkey to PDA messages.
    - PDA now takes into account custom keybinding, ie if you change your keybinding, PDA will take this into account. You have to use eg {keybind(Map)} or {keybind(Inventory)}

Bug Fixes:
    - Fixed: Shield does not protect player in open cockpit
    - Fixed: Shooting at NPC Faction POI with active shield does not have any effect on Reputation
    - Fixed: Explosive blocks missing explosion effect
    - Fixed: Sound and visual effects of weapon hit is missing
    - Fixed: New Drill destroys everything around
    - Fixed: CoQ triggered after multiple playfield changes
    - Fixed: [MP] CoQ triggered after closing the logistics window & reopening it
    - Fixed: Adjust Block Collider to prevent shots / interactions through them
    - Fixed: Passenger is booted out of active turret control as soon as AI is trying to shoot at a target
    - Fixed: Textures on solar panels looked different depending on angle of sun light
    - Fixed: Back button in constructor visible although no back-target set
    - Possible fix for error message found in logs '-ERR- Double faction found'
    - Fixed: PlanetLife: spawn points underneath bases, that are not completely touching the ground could get spawned
    - Fixed: Title menu buttons Single and Coop still visible when going back to title menu after clicking Back button.
    - Fixed: 'Heavy landing gear 2' & 'Landing gear 2' misaligned
    - Fixed: SSG 3D preview texturing
    - Fixed: CT Tool: Using Replace Mode on Walkway with Textures leads to vanishing blocks
    - Fixed: Exception reported from servers: sometimes playfield server reports too early unload of playfield, leading to errors
    - Fixed: Several internal exceptions found in logs

Last edited: Jul 7, 2019
  2. Pear78

Pear78 Commander

Shield does not protect player in open cockpit I would have moved this one to; "not a bug" forum ;)
    imo seems logic you can take a bullet to the face if there's nothing protecting your face..

GG guys, cant wait what is in store more

nottrox ¯\ (ツ) /¯ likes this.
  3. krazzykid2006

krazzykid2006 Rear Admiral

Na, shields are intended to stop the damage before it hits the blocks/devices. An open cockpit is still a block or device so it should be protected as well, hence the fix.

Germanicus likes this.
  4. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

I think one of the problems was a player in an enclosed room could take aoe damage through the shield.

5. LiftPizzas

LiftPizzas Rear Admiral

I guess that would be consistent with their apparent effort to create the worst shields in any game ever.

Pyston likes this.
  6. FRAGaLOT

FRAGaLOT Captain

Even in an enclosed cockpit the player took splash damage with shields up.

7. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    The hull polarization is an effect field that is projected on top of a block...so a pilot seated in a cockpit can of course be enclosed by the field as well (otherwise he would not be able to use that cockpit :D

Grandirus likes this.
  8. Supay

Supay Commander

Great fixes and adjustments, but once again what is going on with the Haze spot light deal?
    Can we get an option to turn it off?
    I have yet to see a response for this, so excuse me if has been posted else where and I missed it.:)

9. elmo

elmo Captain

I haven't seen anything more about this either. Since we first started complaining about this when it was introduced and having almost 5000 hours in this game I am disappointed that we are not being given the option to turn this off. I love all the changes to this game except this one and have tried moving lights around on my HV tank to try and see if it makes a difference , it did nothing. These past few weeks I have been so put off by this that I have only played a few hours in the game and am seriously thinking why bother playing when you cannot see where you are going, constantly slamming into trees, rocks and buildings. It's not fun for me anymore which is a shame because I do love this game.

10. Supay

Supay Commander

My wife refuses to touch the game now because of it and I am just in creative mode for the time being when i do play. I am shocked there has been no response to this what so ever. I am wondering if they upgrade the engine to the unity 2019, will that fix it and is that what we are waiting on?
    If they don't change it and want it to stay like this, i sure would like to know where the devs are standing on this issue as it mention on a lot of platforms from facebook to steam and here.

11. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Thanks for the update.

Has there been any consideration for an audio pass to fix the games audio positioning problems? Many sounds source from the Core when on a Base etc. making exploring POI's a nightmare as sounds might come from in front of the player, then an attack comes from the rear! This can be most obvious with Sentry Guns inside POI's. You start taking hits and naturally turn towards the direction of the sound, only to discover it's totally wrong. This is NOT fun gameplay. I expect most gamers these days have known nothing but correctly positioned sound effects, which is why this is so jarring.

Note: I've been reporting this one for a while in the Bugs forum, along with Saves that show the issue quite clearly. But I guess this isn't considered a bug as such, rather the sound hasn't been worked on yet. I'm sorta surprised that Unity's default audio - if that's what this is - is so broken. Don't mean to whinge, but this has been having a detrimental impact on gameplay for a while now. Plus it's NOT my audio settings or PC, every other game is 100% fine and only Empyrion exhibits these positioning issues. Youtubers, such as Spanj, have noticed it in their numerous play throughs too.

If there is some obscure setting people have discovered that can fix this, please share!

Scoob.

12. Flash Hendricks

Flash Hendricks Captain

This would be fairly near the top of my "to do (please)" list as well. I would add to your observations that sounds are always the same volume, regardless of where they are coming from; more than once I've gone all over a POI looking for that last Zirax, who sounds like he's doing his heavy breathing right in my ear -- only to find out he's not only outside the base I've just captured, but is several metres away from it. And as you fly across a planet in your SV, you get creature noises from the ground -- 200 metres below you -- that sound as if the critter is right in your cockpit.

I also notice that audio doesn't pause when you pause the game (which seems a bit odd), and that if you don't have your audio output working (e.g. bluetooth headset switched on and connected) before you start Empyrion, you don't get any sound even after you switch it on; you have to quit and restart (which may be a Unity limitation; I have no idea).

SacredGlade likes this.
  13. Pantera

Pantera Moderator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Update: July 3, 2019 - Alpha EXPERIMENTAL 10.2.1 (Build 2523)

Changes:
    - Refinement of C/T tool by adding "Remove" toggle > it is now possible to remove symbols without changing color or texture
    - Adjusted HP and Mass of new Cockpits (added with A10)
    - Adjusted HP of Armored Double Doors
    - Removed Reload Delay from Alien Turrets and Sentries
    - Increased Anti-Shield Effect for Plasma Turret and Plasma 2 Turret (doubled)
    - New Ion Turret (Alien) now has EMP effect that only damages Shields (significantly)
    - Increased recharge speed for SV Shield (2/3) and HV (1/3)
    - Renamed (only loca change): Ion Cannon (Alien) > Plasma Turret (Alien), Ion Cannon 2 (Alien) > Plasma Turret 2 (Alien)

Bug Fixes:
    - Fixed: [MP] Shield is regenerating after being hit
    - Fixed: Currently not possible to start building underwater
    - Fixed: MP RtoBP issue with template password auto repair option
    - Fixed: Playfield server boot timeout check, improved log output to see how long a pf server needs to boot / prepare

14. robchatc35

robchatc35 Commander

Every time a troop transporter is sent it never lands just stays there in the sky :)

15. Pantera

Pantera Moderator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    I have had multiple troop transports land, drop of troops & fly away.
    Is this something reproducible in your save game ?
    Can you make a bug report here with the save game supplied https://empyriononline.com/forums/bugs.24/

Germanicus likes this.
  16. Pantera

Pantera Moderator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Update: July 4, 2019 - Alpha EXPERIMENTAL 10.2.2 (Build 2524)

Changes:

- Tweaked Ocean Planet (eg water plane now at 60m and several other improvements) and re-added to random generation

Bug Fixes:
    - Fixed: Constructor production can exceed the volume capacity of assigned containers
    - Fixed: Missing localisation when repairing a vessel with a lock code in auto mode in R2B
    - Fixed: After making a BP of a structure at max size the center of it is moved when spawning the BP in.
    - Fixed: Resource Terrain as Bedrock logic

Supay and Germanicus like this.
  17. Watcher330

Watcher330 Commander

Hello,

Does taking into account the "windows" (normal and reinforced) (small and large) health points depending on the shape will be for soon?

18. Taelyn

Taelyn Administrator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    • Administrator
    Thats not beeing intoduced yet

19. Taelyn

Taelyn Administrator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    • Administrator
    Update: July 7, 2019 (Build 2526)

Bug Fixes:

- Fixed : When spawning in some blueprints they lose their device list & signals setup
    - Reverted for: When spawning in some blueprints they lose their device list & signals setup (fix had too many regressions)

20. Jacob Adjani

Jacob Adjani Captain

Initial testing seems good - able to spawn in proper BP's again, create new ones, spawn again, etc. When you say "reverted for" are we back to 2523 effectively? Wording/layout of those bullets confused me a bit (and yes, I'm easily confused... :()

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.