Alpha EXPERIMENTAL 10.3.0

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by EleonGameStudios, Jul 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Yep, I have sooooo many rocks.... lol.

At least we have one repro case for losing fixed mode temporarily....I'll continue testing when I get time.

Edit: Yep, let me know if you ever run a server again!

Scoob.

2. Pantera

Pantera Moderator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    The trees that are found invincible found around planets are being checked with 2 saves I have found them to be reprodicible in.
    I'll update that thread when I have more feedback on a fix for it.

I can trigger the UI flickering but I cannot trigger the Fixed mode being disabled can you show some video of this in a bug report ?

Philipp likes this.
  3. Pantera

Pantera Moderator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    There isn't a way currently in game.....could something be added ? maybe but low prio there is more important things to fix & check through currently.

4. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Apologies...I might have missed a recreation step...

I was linked to the HV's Harvest Inventory at the time, as I'd pop out with the hand drill to tidy up any left over Ore after getting the bulk of it with the HV. Perhaps that is the missing ingredient to recreate this?

Scoob.

5. Pantera

Pantera Moderator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Ok I got it when you connect to the container then close the logi window then reopen & close the control panel the 'Drill Mode: Fixed' UI element disappears until you disconnect from the container, close the logi window again then open & close the control panel again.
    No need for a report I have it already logged thanks!

6. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Cool :)

Scoob.

7. Jacob Adjani

Jacob Adjani Captain

Thanks for the reply Pantera - no worries at all, I agree completely on priority - much "larger fish to fry" for sure! Just couldn't find a definitive answer, and now I have one - so thanks! :)

8. Jacob Adjani

Jacob Adjani Captain

@Pantera
    Hey... no fair! I have to submit formal bug reports... but Scoob gets away with a quick "heads up" post??

It's 'cause he's an Admiral isn't it... I used to be an Admiral, but I apparently got demoted when the forums switched over to the new/current ones... or maybe it was that fly-by past the tower at over 200 knots [bonus points to whomever can name the pop culture reference there]....

Or is it Scoob's lovely singing voice? That's it isn't it! Well, he does have a lovely singing voice... *whisper*... eunuch *whisper* [more bonus points available for that reference too! lol]

:p (Hopefully it's clear this is all in jest...)

9. cmguardia

cmguardia Lieutenant

TOP GUN :cool:??

10. Jacob Adjani

Jacob Adjani Captain

CMGUARDIA FOR THE WIN! :D Many free cookies for you!

cmguardia likes this.
  11. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

@Jacob Adjani - I think Pantera's just given up on expecting formal bug reports from me, so is resigned to it lol. To be fair, I do like to pop onto the current version thread to initially ask if anyone else is experiencing a problem I have. Get some quite valuable feedback that way I think.

As for my singing voice...pray you never hear it lol.

Scoob.

12. Jacob Adjani

Jacob Adjani Captain

I should pop in and try asking people about my problems too... but no one has that kinda time... oh, wait... you meant "game problems"... LOL. :p

Just having a little light hearted fun with you lads after a long day is all Scoob - all meant in good fun, and respect. You've been a reasoned and valuable contributor to these forums and the game for as long as I've been here, and that's getting to be a good while now... so hats off to you sir!

As for your singing voice... another thing we have in common... perhaps a duet some day... it'd likely sound like a rabid cat brutally murdering a set of bagpipes, would be my guess... :(

13. Combat Wombat

Combat Wombat Commander

I had this in the first 10.x experimental release but wasn't able to get it to happen again.

14. robchatc35

robchatc35 Commander

Just went into orbit approached a wreckage but couldn't get close enough to it, like a barrier was in the way and started spinning out of control. Same thing happened at a meteorite.

15. Taelyn

Taelyn Administrator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    • Administrator
    Alpha EXPERIMENTAL 10.3.0 (Build 2531)

Changes:
    - Since we introduced the new hitscan logic, we do not allow that ships can damage itself any more
    - Base Attack: size has now a slightly stronger impact on BAP

Fixes:
    - Uncontrolled ship rotation after take off from the planet
    - When close to walkway & shutter window blocks the avatar can continue moving with no directional key presses
    - Incorrect structure color palette selected with C/T tool
    - Sit in cockpit and leave can give CoQ

Robot Shark and ravien_ff like this.
  16. Nogitsune

Nogitsune Rear Admiral

Set the drone base POI to not regenerate, pop the drone base - no more base attacks, problem solved. On a server you could set the regen time of drone base to be long enough for largely the same effect. Beyond that, how many bases is it really reasonable to maintain for single player? If there is something in the game mechanics that makes it difficult to maintain a dozen bases all around the solar system - I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing either. With multiplayer, faction owned bases, you could expect people to be spread out to maintain the bases they actually want to keep. It's not like attackers in PvP servers just turn around and leave if there's no one home, either - and for those attacks you usually get little warning.

Aside from that, it's not like bases are toothless. Set up defenses, set up shield, build the base so it can defend itself. I don't remember if there's option to switch on the shield remotely - if not, that could be added too. A shielded base can take a fair bit of punishment.

Perhaps give bases a detector block that explains why they see the attacks coming further away, and maybe allow some kind of signal logic tied to it (when certain amount of time is left until expected attack), and let that tie into base shield.. so the base can automatically switch on shield - and maybe turrets too - to defend against imminent attack.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
    Inappropriate and Jacob Adjani like this.
  17. Jacob Adjani

Jacob Adjani Captain

Hey Nogitsune,

I'm in full agreement on all the points you made above - however, the idea at the end is brilliant! Effectively proximity alarms/proximity based signal logic! Much of that code already exists - i.e. the "motion detector"/area-based switch... you'd just have to expand it's range considerably, and perhaps code up a slight different interface to set it up (as I don't think the interactive setup UI would really work well on a m/km scale).

Being able to tie in both shield activation, and more so even turret power up, to the presence of the selected set of actors (as determined by the turret targeting UI) would be awesome. It would also fit the "narrative" well too - we are supposed to be survivalists, and as "power is life" in the game, managing/conserving power should be a critical aspect of design.

Not to mention, hearing an alarm sound - and activating the blinking "red alert" lights - whilst your retractable turrets all deploy at the same time would be way cool! :)

You should definitely write this up in the suggestions forum!

18. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

Thank you, that was very annoying.

19. Philipp

Philipp Captain

can i continue my save from alpha 10.2.2 and get the changes (hitscan & Base Attack) ?

20. Pantera

Pantera Moderator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    You should be able to continue your save game.

Philipp likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.