Alpha EXPERIMENTAL 10.3.0

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by EleonGameStudios, Jul 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jacob Adjani

Jacob Adjani Captain

@Pantera ;

1) Don't have anything to make a formal bug report with, and not certain it's an issue - but - new behavior noticed in current EXP build... when exiting the game (as in when clicking exit from the main menu), it's taking anywhere from 30-45 seconds to actually exit out, and get back to desktop... another REALLY strange thing, as I'm sitting waiting for my desktop to come back up - staring at the main menu, in the last 2 - 3 seconds before it exits, my display flashes to a "frame" or "still image" from at least an hour previous in game... last time it was the inside of my SV cockpit in the middle of a survey of a planet...

Does it matter as it's occurring on exit? Don't know - no noticeable adverse effects so far, but as that time in most programs is used to perform memory unload functions, and write out cached information to disk... thought I'd mention it, as it could be indicative of big problems if those processes are not occurring correctly.

2) Do you have an ETA on the "Disable Volumetric Spotlights" option/toggle? I know that it was likely one of your colleagues hard work that added that into the game, and it looks amazing from the outside... but as a practical matter for navigating... at first it was kinda comical... "it's pitch black out, I can't see... hellooooo cliff face..."; then "it's pitch black out, I can't see *turn on spotlights*... it's white out blizzard conditions I can't see... heeeeelllllloooo big mountain".

Now that the humour has worn off, it's getting to be a problem both from an enjoyment of game perspective and a testing perspective.

stanley bourdon likes this.
  2. CaptRiker

CaptRiker Lieutenant

last few updates, all in mp games, my landclaim isn't showing on map and creatures are spawning under bases again... pair that with uncuttable/unmineable tree's and rocks and with trees/rocks growing inside of buildings (player and npc).. it feels like we're regressed in some way back to early alpha 9??

3. cmguardia

cmguardia Commander

Thanks !!!
    Last night my CV turned CRAZY !! Turning without control to the right and left and changing direction of rotation when I wanted to correct the course! I had just found a Zirax Cruise as I left a planet and attacked it by removing its defenses and as I approached it I collided with it. It seems that that unleashed several errors! First the coalition is effective but immediately the animation did a blink and my CV went through the Cruise. After that when trying to get closer my CV went crazy turning left and then right without control !! When I return to the helm, I make a jump to another planet and the problem disappears completely.
    It was the most exasperating thing that has happened to me in this game!
    I thought I had broken the keyboard or the mouse !!!
    I thought bitterly that I would have to go out and buy a new one !!!
    Translated from Spanish

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
  4. Pantera

Pantera Moderator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Strange I haven't seen this & for me the client closes after around 4 seconds on both my test PC's when I click on exit.

No ETA yet but it's not forgotten.

5. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Is the lighting effect a global one, or can it be altered per light source? The reason I ask is, as I mentioned before and @Jacob Adjani mentions above, when viewed externally, the current light effect looks cool. So, if I'm look at the lights on an HV I'm standing outside of for example. However, if I'm on that HV, the light effect is a hindrance to vision. If the only answer is on or off, that's fine of course, but I guess I wanted the best of both :)

Also, having the lighting effect be proportional to both atmospheric density and current weather effect would be dead cool. Personally, with the new effect, I sometimes like adding spots just for deco effects :)

Scoob.

6. cmguardia

cmguardia Commander

I see that my SV turns off its front lights (spotlight) when I turn on the night view. But the HV does not! Anyone else noticed this? Or does it just happen to me?

7. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

I really, really, really hope this is what happens. I think it should be a graphical option as well but the ability to set individual spotlights to use volumetric lighting or not would solve so much. Even if it means creating new spotlight blocks that are marked as "non-volumetric" so people can just put whatever spotlight type they want. Normal lights can already be set to not be volumetric by unchecking "spotlight" mode.

8. Jacob Adjani

Jacob Adjani Captain

I second (or third?:)) all the above @ravien_ff & @Scoob ... I would love to see either the separate blocks proposed -or- the option... that said, I think I'd prefer a "volumetric" checkbox (as opposed to the existing "spotlight mode" = volumetric, and other wise "normal" light).

Rationale is that the checkbox (or the dedicated blocks on the big long range spotlights AND "normal" lights) allows for maximum flexibility - I can have a couple "normal" lights in volumetric spotlight mode, some other normals in non-volumetric spotlight mode, mixed in with a low intensity normal setup with a different colour... etc. etc. to make for a almost limitless combination of lighting effects.

As to the longer range "big" spotlights, I think a checkbox there too, but the primary concern on those (for me anyway) is having a non-volumetric option - strictly for navigation purposes.

ravien_ff likes this.
  9. Booyaah

Booyaah Captain

What is up with ALT-O for saving BPs? I am like 2m away and it won't bring up the window to save unless I point at a block...very annoying for small vehicles.

Also the screenshot gets taken too early, I still see a faint part of my BP menu still overlayed. Please add like a .5 sec delay

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
  10. Jacob Adjani

Jacob Adjani Captain

@Pantera, I can backup/second Booyah's report - I noticed it a number of builds ago, but just keep forgetting to collect data/report on it. Pointing at anything other than a block, it won't work... I've also noticed on some blocks (perhaps certain shapes, but I've yet to conclusively confirm that) it doesn't work either.

Ditto for the photo - most of my active BP's right now have the "faded UI" overlayed over top of them - that is the exact same issue as occurred some years back.

11. Philipp

Philipp Captain

same here, but when it happend i thought i just didn't hit the keys correctly.

12. Jacob Adjani

Jacob Adjani Captain

@Pantera;

Jacob's Teeny Tiny Bugs "Report", Episode I :)

These are in the "trivial" category, and so minor I don't think they merit a formal report (if you feel any of them do, let me know which, and I'll collect a proper report on them)

Scenario: Was doing a "full salvage" on the Abandoned Mine (first time in a long while I've done that)

Observed:
    • Cargo Box 4 and Cargo Box 5 seem to have decon stats set incorrectly (it takes 3 hits and 5 hits respectively with a T2 Multitool to break them down - all other boxes take only 1 hit)

• All blocks in the Walkways & Railings category on the POI are returning HV versions of the block

• The 2 Ramps (blocking the land entrance and the decline into the "garage") are returning HV versions of the block

13. Jacob Adjani

Jacob Adjani Captain

@Pantera,

Not sure if this is cause for concern, but given recent issues with BP's, thought I should ask you:

(Error message in console when saving a blueprint)
    2531- Creative Planet_2019-07-13_13-17-48.png

Germanicus likes this.
  14. Booyaah

Booyaah Captain

Also what is up with BP spawning placement? When I hit the spawn button, my base stays locked at a certain angle instead of rotating as I turn my character. Is there a new 'feature' that allows you to rotate your base spawns that I'm missing? Cause this makes no sense currently to align a base with the proper orientation to the terrain (i.e. lake or mountain).

Please revert it to the old way like it's always been...

15. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

I noted that too with several BP's and started to wonder what kind of device that would be.

16. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Rotation works now with the Block rotation keys.

17. Jacob Adjani

Jacob Adjani Captain

Ok, either I've been drinking (which is a distinct possibility ;)) - or - base placement has always been locked to the cardinal directions. You can rotate to face a different one (N/E/W/S), or you can stand in place and use <Ins> / <Del> (or is it <Home> / <End>) to rotate the structure itself... but it'll always be aligned to one of the 4 compass points.

Of course, I could be mis-remembering, but I'm about 80% sure it's been that way since A1.0.

Germanicus likes this.
  18. krazzykid2006

krazzykid2006 Rear Admiral

Not always. It's only been this way since 9.0.
    It was changed to accommodate the AI pathing from terrain to base blocks. They had to lock bases to the cardinal directions to get it working correctly.

Prior to 9.0 you could place bases at any rotation angle you wanted.

19. bashfullsson

bashfullsson Lieutenant

Since 9.0 : https://empyriononline.com/threads/alpha-9-0-out-now.46807/

"- When placing a starter block or a BP, it can only be rotated by 90° (due to change in AI pathing)"

20. Pantera

Pantera Moderator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Can you make a bug report & show how it is reproduced ? I haven't seen this on any BP I have tried with.
    If it is always happening with 1 BP please attach the save game with it already spawned in & also a copy of the BP form the BP folder thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.