Alpha EXPERIMENTAL 10.4

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by EleonGameStudios, Jul 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jacob Adjani

Jacob Adjani Captain

@Pantera / @Taelyn

Hey guys, quick request (hopefully not a big deal to accomplish) - would it be possible to get a 1x1x2 and/or a 1x3x5 boarding ramp?

2. Bar0th

Bar0th Lieutenant

I think he means it is to prevent people from placing 2 shields (1 T1, 1 T2), bypassing the block limits. So as far as the game is concerned it's like one block type with different styles / stats (like how a regular building block can have different styles, HP, etc but returns the same block when you pick it up). Since that is the case, they can't add the T2 to the recipes since it's the same block ID as the T1. They could solve this in the future by applying the limit to a separate group ID rather than the individual items in question where needed (and then give the T2 a unique block ID separate from the T1).

3. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Does anyone else get odd rectangular patches appear on the ground? These have started popping up around a POI I captured and use as a base. The terrain isn't damaged at all, just changed texture:

A10.0.0 2446_2019-08-04_21-12-33.png
    Just thought it a little odd is all.

Scoob.

4. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

One more thing... has the engagement range of turrets been reduced? The reason I ask is because my little POI - a Captured Supply Station - often leaves it until really late to engage attackers. However, if I run towards the attackers, they open up a lot sooner. Obviously player position relative to base turrets firing has been a thing for a long time now, but it does need some work.

Even on a tiny base like this POI, where I stand is critical to whether it can defend its self well or not.

Scoob.

5. Jacob Adjani

Jacob Adjani Captain

Those are missile impacts Scoob.

6. Pantera

Pantera Moderator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Update 2019-08-04 (Build 2550)

Fixes:
    - Water appears in bases placed closed to lakes when player returns from being 5km+ away from a base
    - POI found to always be floating above terrain & is offset from center in BP preview
    To use & recenter any BP's that are offset use this command:
    prefabinfo BlueprintName -clearpivot

or

prefabinfo 'BlueprintName' -clearpivot

The remove the preview of screen f.ex press 0 then reopen the BP list F2 then select the BP again & click on 'spawn' then overwrite it.
    It should be re-centered from this point onwards or when it is spawned in again if it is a POI.

7. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

I thought so too at first, however the ground isn't deformed at all, just a texture change. I've other impacts around the base that are deformed, but not many. I've never seen texture squares like that without there being terrain damage too, is what I'm saying.

Scoob.

8. Jacob Adjani

Jacob Adjani Captain

Yup, me too until a few builds back - after you wrote that, I got caught unawares whilst looting a POI and a Rocket Drone came by and started laying into my HV parked outside... anyway, I ran out to get it to target me, which it did, then I "engaged" it... this was with a T1 shotgun... lol... ever try to take on a Drone with a shotgun?

Suffice to say it had plenty of shots at me, but thanks to my running around like a circus clown high on meth trying to get within range of my shotgun... it missed a lot.

I went back after I killed it, and confirmed... loads of "brown grass/dirt" squares... zero terrain deform.

Not sure if that was an intentional change or not... also not sure if that's what you are seeing, but it's one possibility... did your captured base defend against Rocket Drones prior to your taking that screenshot?

9. Jacob Adjani

Jacob Adjani Captain

Anyone else think we need something "big" feature wise in the sooner rather than the later timeframe?

Somthing like CV-to-CV docking? Or HV-to-SV? Or moving through a ship while it's moving? You know, stuff from the wishlist/design plan from way back when?

@Pantera / @Taelyn It's not that you guys, and your colleagues, aren't working your hearts out trying to get existing content functional - don't misunderstand, it's appreciated and by all means please continue those efforts!

Just "feels" to me like it's been a good while since we had something "big" - something that would make long time supporters have to go back and re-design their stable of BP's, or start entirely new concepts from the ground up...

Thoughts anyone?

10. Pantera

Pantera Moderator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Patience ;)

wildboy, Germanicus and Robot Shark like this.
  11. Jacob Adjani

Jacob Adjani Captain

... ... ... tease... :p

12. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

I have defended against Rocket Drones and Rocket Zirax a number of times. However, they were generally shooting at the Turrets or me on the battlements, so I wonder why so many rocket hits on the ground.

I have noted that one of the squares did have deformed terrain, so I'll check if that's still the case when I reload. Didn't play this evening.

Haven't even left the starter planet yet this save, just keep capturing POI's and fighting off attacks...rather fun! I have noticed though that Zirax Troops appear to be boring their way through my walls from a distance - not one had even gotten close to my walls, yet I've had some odd damage done to the Base. Basically several blocks gone, which could have been from Rocket Drones except that there's zero AoE damage to the surrounding blocks. Bit weird.

Scoob.

13. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

I'm not a doctor, I have no patience.

GoldDragon likes this.
  14. RazzleWin

RazzleWin Captain

Doctor's are still practicing! When will they know? :eek:
    Only took me a short time to practice riding a bike before I knew how to ride a bike.:D
    So it's cool to not have any patience. :cool:

15. Jacob Adjani

Jacob Adjani Captain

@Pantera / @Taelyn

Hey guys, question(s) for you:

1) I have noticed something that strictly speaking I'm not sure if it's a bug technically, or not - when battling a planetary patrol vessel, and you either core it or take out it's generators... it hangs where it "died" in mid-air; you get the "ship is destroyed and will despawn" notice appropriately, but I'm thinking that the ship should drop to the ground, should it not?

Guessing this is similar "function" to player ships un-piloted? As in when you exit a ship and cut it's engines remotely, it will hang in the air until you sit in the cockpit again?

This can impact gameplay beyond just "looking funny"... as flying up and hovering to gain access to loot it works, but it is restricted as to how quickly you can do it and what areas you can easily access - as in, engines on the exterior. And while I've never tried it, I be plenty angry as a player if I engaged one with my handy AA HV, took it out, only to have it dangling too high up, beyond reach as a reward/salvage opportunity!

Does this merit a formal report? Are you already aware of it? Working on it?

2) Despawn timers - for the cored/unpowered/non-flyable Planet Patrol Vessels, Drone wrecks, dead NPC's... any way to adjust these? Nothing I can see in gameoptions.yaml...

16. Pantera

Pantera Moderator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Issue with colliders which afaik need a rework which will take time.

'DelayBeforeSelfDestruction:' added to a AI vessels entry in a playfield.yaml is something that can be added already but isn't in by default yet which will be added soon.
    For others no way to change them for now.

ravien_ff likes this.
  17. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Do you have an example of how to use that in the playfield? Is it just:

DelayBeforeSelfDestruction: 300
    Like that? or is it a range?

Thank you!

18. Pantera

Pantera Moderator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    From what I know you need to add these 2:
    DelayBeforeSelfDestruction: Time in seconds
    IsRespawnAfterDestruction: True or False

More info will be coming soon for this. If CoQ's appear after trying to use this in a playfield.yaml please remove it & wait for one of the next releases.

ravien_ff likes this.
  19. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Thank you!

20. Pantera

Pantera Moderator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    UPDATE: Alpha 10.4 (Build 2551)

Fixes:
    - [Edge case] Drilled out terrain returning after loading back into save game
    - No longer possible to copy & paste symbols from an input field to another (e.g. LCD screen)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.